Austin
Sponsored by

Is it a waste of time to even try to buy right now?

5,827 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Potcake
cas8019
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
any chance you would you be looking to breakoff 5 or so acres?
wadd96
AG
Not at this point... Plus, you would want 10 to maintain the Ag exemption.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
cas8019
AG
Thanks. Not too worried about ag exemption. Really just looking for about 2-3ac to build a house. Please let me know if the situation changes.

i know this area well. My dad lives down cr455.
wadd96
AG
Well, I'll say this much.... Our county taxes this year are $350 for all 111...
austinag1997
AG
If you take it out of Ag, I think you have to pay 5 years of rollback taxes. Just sayin'... aint just paying taxes going foward.
hammerhead
MouthBQ98 said:

Don't live in town. I live 40 miles East on 10 acres of my own, and can still drive in in 50 minutes provided I am not foolish enough to try it at 7:30am or 4:30pm.

I only go to the city a couple of days a week and work from home the rest of the time. No reason to drop 3/4 of a million on a crappy house near town when half that will buy you a nice place on lots of space outside one of the outlying small towns.
I drive by you and take a right on 2104 (they have to fix that turn..no turn lane now and was a wreck there on Sunday) to our place just south of Giddings. Like you, if I leave by 3:00'ish, I am at our gate in an hour +/- 5 minutes or so.

I am still in the city and head that way Thursday or Friday and come back Sunday or Monday...Will prob sell Austin house later this fall.
MouthBQ98
AG
Yeah, that turn sucks now that they removed the lane so they could make the center stop wide enough for big rugs to not stick out all the way into traffic. They did a crap job of designing that intersection. I'm guessing you cut over through Serbin?
hammerhead
MouthBQ98 said:

Yeah, that turn sucks now that they removed the lane so they could make the center stop wide enough for big rugs to not stick out all the way into traffic. They did a crap job of designing that intersection. I'm guessing you cut over through Serbin?
I have been turning into the Chevron, it gives you a sliver of shoulder.

Correct, we are on 217 closer to 77.
Aggieangler93
AG
We need to know about the food in Thorndale, but I guess it doesn't have to be on this thread. Everytime I am headed to A&M, I think about stopping at that Cafe on Main Street South of the tracks. Is it good? I love the sausage from Thorndale Meat Company.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
wadd96
AG
Not a lot of options. Thorndale Meat Market does a. Good job on BBQ. If you're in Thorndale, you're 20 minutes from Snow's, 13 min from Brett's and 15 from Louie Mueller's. Good burgers at Shroeders.

I'd like to open a wing and burger place there...
wadd96
AG
Uptown is closed.
Aggieangler93
AG
wadd96 said:

Not a lot of options. Thorndale Meat Market does a. Good job on BBQ. If you're in Thorndale, you're 20 minutes from Snow's, 13 min from Brett's and 15 from Louie Mueller's. Good burgers at Shroeders.

I'd like to open a wing and burger place there...
Thanks. I usually stop at Brett's in Rockdale TBH. Snows would only work on the rare occasion that they are open, but I love their stuff as well. Louie Mueller kind of lost me when he quit smoking those Ribeyes. Man....they were amazing!!!!

Is the younger Mueller still open in Granger?

Schroeders used to serve beer to all my younger A&M buddies that grew up in Tdale. They were a hoot. We had some great times at A&M. One of them had Grandparents with a huge spread. They would go home on the weekend and bring back a huge cooler with beef, pork, venison, or whatever else was butchered on the farm that week. We would eat like kings off our smoker at least 3 nights a week off what they brought in. Sure made groceries cheaper and left more money for beer.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
wadd96
AG
We were at Brett's Sunday. I helped him open the place.

John Mueller is now in Jerrell.
Potcake
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.