Austin
Sponsored by

Anyone else contemplating getting their family out of Austin?

24,764 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by MarathonAg12
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lots of people live there.

What about it?
BenFiasco14
AG
Charpie said:

Lots of people live there.

What about it?

Just curious how it is living out there is all
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
The Fall Guy
AG
More people out there now. With the resorts it feels crowded in some areas. Lots of Richie Riches.

Nickw8586
We moved to Horseshoe Bay last year from SA. Have 3 kids in Marble Falls ISD. Schools have been great. Still far enough out that you have the small town feel, but with perks of the Lake and resorts. But please don't tell anyone!
BradBurns
Thanks everyone for the advice. I am also considering moving from Austin.
Btron
AG
Born and raised Austinite along with my wife. Been here our whole life. We currently live in north Austin and feel very confident we could sell for a crazy profit (duh right). We have three kids and future space is a topic as they start getting bigger. But like everyone else, where do you go?
So my question is what about Taylor, TX? We found a pretty awesome house, tons of space, but know nothing about Taylor. We looked at the sex offender website and apparently Taylor is the place to be for previous offenders. It lit up like a Christmas tree. Outside of Luie Muellers and a few client appointments I know nothing about Taylor. Any TA insight?
Complete Idiot
Btron said:

Born and raised Austinite along with my wife. Been here our whole life. We currently live in north Austin and feel very confident we could sell for a crazy profit (duh right). We have three kids and future space is a topic as they start getting bigger. But like everyone else, where do you go?
So my question is what about Taylor, TX? We found a pretty awesome house, tons of space, but know nothing about Taylor. We looked at the sex offender website and apparently Taylor is the place to be for previous offenders. It lit up like a Christmas tree. Outside of Luie Muellers and a few client appointments I know nothing about Taylor. Any TA insight?
I am not sure what we could tell you that would balance out "Taylor is the place to be for sex offenders".
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Leaning hard towards Bastrop. Everything else is ridiculously over priced.
HECUBUS
AG
Ridiculous is an understatement. We've been in West Lake Hills for thirty years. It went from a place a couple of fresh out grads could afford to whatever it is now. Other than new houses, only six have changed occupants on the street in our time. Three were sold and three went to the next generation. One of the three sold was purchased by the next door neighbor who gave it to their kids. There are many second and third generation home owners in this area. One day we'll check out, but we can never leave.
tamc91
AG
Seems like the proximity to Tesla would have Bastrop housing market going as hot as anywhere in Central TX.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
We're looking at a new build in bastrop, but you can still find 4/3 3000sqft houses for <300k
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
ttt
AgOutsideAustin
Ag_EE_88
AG
Btron said:

I have some friends who are heavily investing in Taylor and think it's going to be some huge semiconductor hub b/c of Samsung. They think that some huge international airport will be built close to there too. Me personally,I think it's just gonna be another Manor. I don't see Taylor as having much to offer.
Potcake
AG
Never had a beef rib from Mueller's, huh?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Potcake said:

Never had a beef rib from Mueller's, huh?

lol worst bbq joint around, living off the name and old building.
The Fall Guy
AG
Pedro Morales has had enough.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/austin-texas-drops-best-places-live-3rd-year-row

ReloadAg
AG
I grew up in the Houston area so I think I see Austin through that lens as it compares to Houston. I've been in Austin now for 17 years and yea it's bigger than it was when i first moved here and yea you have to put up with some liberal nonsense but I still see it as a "small" town that has all kids of things I love: great food, good mountain biking, good nature and I can have my boat on Lake Austin after work on a Monday evening with my kids water skiing.

For me Austin is still a great place to live and I would never move back to Houston even though all of my family lives there.
MarathonAg12
Stay away from Brushy Creek area. ITS TERRIBLE!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.