Austin
Sponsored by

Austin FC Season Tickets

12,721 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by thirty-two
cityagboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did anyone place a deposit today for season tickets! I am excited for pro sports in Austin! Right by my house too!
BQ78
AG
The first rule of Austin Fight Club is you don't talk about it.
ausag
AG
I did! Along with at least 4 others that I know. Everyone crashed their site!
Mike Elko
AG
I did, too. Their site crashing shows how far they have to go, though. Two years to figure it all out.
ausag
AG
cityagboy
AG
The deposits requested over 30k seats in one day. Stadium "was" only planned to be 20,500

Deposits totaling 30k seats. Assuming average deposit requested 3 seats and about 25% chose the $100 premium option. They got cash flow of about $625,000 in one day.
Aggietaco
AG
Good for them. I'm excited about the project.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Yeah I got in on it
fig96
AG
Yup, got mine pretty early. Excited to see there's a lot of demand.
fig96
AG
Deposit and number of seats are independent of each other, a single deposit is good for up to 8 seats. Still a decent chunk of change.
cityagboy
AG
fig96 said:

Deposit and number of seats are independent of each other, a single deposit is good for up to 8 seats. Still a decent chunk of change.
For sure. I estimated that each person requested 3 seats with their deposit. It asked you how many seats you thought you will buy.
fig96
AG
Gotcha.
I bleed maroon
AG
Neighbor and I requested six together. Even though he wasn't authorized, he requested Premium Seating.
Professional Aggie
AG
Put in a deposit for two seats pretty early. Curious to see what prices/availability look like, especially with those deposit numbers...
fig96
AG
I had Dynamo season tickets in Houston and they were really reasonable, we paid 700ish for two really good seats for the season. Checking their seating map might give some insight, they've gone up a bit but I'd expect similar pricing.

http://houstondynamo365.com/4/
Ag9701
AG
I have talked to Austin FC about tickets. I am being told at least $3k per seat on the west side and probably the same on the east side. The West side is going to be the Premium side with club access, etc. Field level seats above 10k. Looks like tickets will be much more expensive c/t other MLS teams. We will see but based on the demand, they might stick with those prices.
fig96
AG
That sounds...off.

Not saying that isn't what you were told, but those are like NFL level prices and would be WAY out of line with the rest of the league.
Ag9701
AG
100% agree with you but I (and coworkers of mine) was told that by the Manager of Sales. I have had a few phone conversations with him. Seems very ambitious on their part.
Mike Elko
AG
Considering the deposits are 100% refundable once tickets go on sale, they'll be in for a rude awakening if the above pricing numbers are accurate. I get they're banking on being the only pro team in town, but c'mon.
fig96
AG
Yeah, that's beyond insane. At those prices their field level package would be near $600 per game, with their premium seats at $175 per game. Those are literally NFL prices.

I sat 4 rows off the field on the edge of the goal box in the Southwest corner of BBVA for less than $40 per ticket.
AgGrad99
AG
No doubt the demand has been high, but it's not as high as they're making it out to be. For $100 I could reserve my spot in line and say i want 1 ticket, or 8 tickets. Most people i knew put down a number larger than they'll actually get....because they could.

I think the fan support will be pretty dang good around here. And I think the location, next to the Domain area is perfect for this team.

But that said, no way on earth they are going to charge $3k for regular seats. Something got lost in translation.
Layne Staley
AG
I had one of my reps check on a box. It was 140K for the season. Pass
AgGrad99
AG
i asked about a box, and was told no pricing had be set yet.
fig96
AG
Talked to my ticket rep last week, they're currently taking reservations for the super premium seats, all inclusive rows 1-8 behind the benches with exclusive lounge access starting at like $6k per seat.

He didn't have specific pricing info on other sections, but we talked a bit about what price range I'd be looking at and it sounds like $1k per seat should fit comfortably in the Club level which includes Premium access. Sounds like the early chatter on ticket prices was very off.

He said they'll start sending out invites to visit the Austin FC experience center in the next month or so and will be booking for reservations for the Club level seats in about 6 months.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
Interesting. The guy who called me last week said those super premium seats were $8k, and that the club seats "would be about half of that."
AgGrad99
AG
I talked to them a few weeks ago...Box seats are expensive.

Suites are 150-180k per season. Field Level Loge box seats were 7k-15k per season. There are also top-level loge boxes (above the seats) that are 20-40k per season, and include 4 seats.

Havent seen or been told any pricing for regular stadium seats yet though.
fig96
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

Interesting. The guy who called me last week said those super premium seats were $8k, and that the club seats "would be about half of that."
That's like $230+ per seat per game, which is insane. Might be the case for some of the lower level club seats bu I can't imagine that's the case for all of them.

I guess we'll find out.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I agree it's insane. I laughed and told him to call me back when he knew the actual price.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I took the survey from the club about what I would pay for where and the cheap seat options were $750-$1250 a seat, which is in line with other MLS but a little higher. Austin is a big soccer market and was actually the top market for a few of the US Womens games and with no other pro team they are going to try to make some money.

I think the cheapest seats will be around 1000, or about $60 per game
fig96
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

I took the survey from the club about what I would pay for where and the cheap seat options were $750-$1250 a seat, which is in line with other MLS but a little higher. Austin is a big soccer market and was actually the top market for a few of the US Womens games and with no other pro team they are going to try to make some money.

I think the cheapest seats will be around 1000, or about $60 per game

That would actually be the most expensive seats I've seen in MLS by a long shot if accurate. I sat 4 rows off the field at BBVA for under $900 per seat, and other places seem pretty similar.

Good overview here:
https://www.bigdsoccer.com/2019/1/17/18186548/comparing-2019-season-ticket-prices-across-mls
AgGrad99
AG
Curious what they're corporate interest has been. Because without a strong interest from companies ordering season tickets/boxes...they arent going to be able to sell tickets at this price.

Hopefully the average Joe can buy tickets for the family, and not pay out the wazoo....because they need to establish a solid fanbase, and local fan support, first and foremost....before pricing out the local fans.
Aggietaco
AG
Interesting to see the varying reports from affiliated sales folks...

I assume many of you will be watching the "state of the stadium" address tomorrow?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
We also just don't have that many corporate HQs here and the entertaining you can do for the state is limited
Aggietaco
AG
FYI, saw that KXAN (and likely others) will be live streaming the press event today if anyone is interested.
goose91
AG
Has anyone had an appointment to buy season tickets?

The last email i received on anything related to season tickets was creating a 'SeatGeek' account.

I was just curious to know if anything has actually happened yet.

Chris '91
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.