Austin
Sponsored by

Austin FC Season Tickets

12,709 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by thirty-two
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup, we're going on the 14th. Haven't heard anything on attendance for the home opener yet, but team is off to a pretty great start.

We've got a thread on the Soccer board if anyone is interested to learn more or get into some more in depth discussion.
JT88
AG
They are going to put off making a decision public as long as they possibly can, it seems like, in the hope that full capacity is workable. The home opener isn't scheduled until June 19. I would look for some kind of a decision in the next couple of weeks.

As best I can tell, no other MLS stadium has had full capacity. But if other venues in the state like TX Rangers etc, can maintain full capacity without a well-documented outbreak, and if the numbers stay low in Central TX, it seems like it might be doable.

I believe all but 5000 of the seats are held by season ticket-holders and anything other than full capacity is going to be a logistical and PR nightmare.
JT88
AG
Looks like they are planning on full capacity for the home opener 6.19.

I bleed maroon
AG
So - what does everyone think so far?

I've attended the first two 0-0 ties (and have watched most of the away games on TV). I must say that last night's match was much more entertaining than the first, although we missed Matt McC playing bongos in his all green suit this time.

My soccer advisor (next door neighbor) tells me the team REALLY needs a striker from the Euro League after the play winds up there. We really have trouble scoring, but Stuver looks good, and the team flashes with promise at times. Great start last night, but couldn't push it through.

The Q2 Stadium is nice - concessions issues and sound quality are among the wrinkles to iron out, but it's pretty easy ingress/egress. The Premium Terrace doesn't really have much of a premium feel, other than the slightly cushioned seats. The long lines for concessions being directly in the evening sun is tough. Has anyone tried the delivery to your seat capability? I can't figure out if any concessions will bring stuff to our seats.

All in all, I'm still learning the game, but I enjoy soccer a lot more than I ever have. It will certainly make me watch World Cup matches more closely this time around, too. I'm hopeful that ATX can challenge for the playoffs, but as an expansion team still getting their footing, I don't have any real expectations. Having 3/4 of the remaining schedule at home shouldn't hurt, though.

Thoughts to share, fellow Verde fans?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Went to the USWNT game and the lines and concessions were nuts for only having 20k people there. I agree its a nice stadium but I wouldn't put it in the same category and Kyle or Minute Maid. 0 -0 ties no matter how good the games are the worst thing that can happen for local support IMO. It illuminates two of the worst soccer complaints 1, Not enough scoring 2. the games can end in a tie.

That being said its fun to go and that area is going to be real cool. Close to the domain + tons of brewerys add a few more yuppie apartment complexes and its going to be a great party spot win, lost or tie
chet98
AG
Went last night. We hit the beer hall about 2hrs before kickoff. That was kind of cool outside of the $15 Pinthouse Electric Jellyfish (seriously? $15?). We hung out there for that beer and played some shuffleboard then wandered to the opposite end of the stadium and grabbed tacos from Valentina's. On the expensive side ($10 for one slice of brisket) but they were very tasty. The line took about 15 minutes to get through. It started a long way from the Valentina's stand and I would have bet was going to take a lot longer than it did. Buddy grabbed us a couple of beers while I stood in line. No biggie. Later grabbed another beer on the way to the seats and then one bathroom run & one beer run during the game. Neither of which had significant lines.

I thought it was MUCH more exciting to watch in person than on TV. As you can say about most sports. But I got a new appreciation for the contact and the hitting that goes on. Maybe all that soccer flopping isn't always flopping after all!
Aggietaco
AG
Went to the opener and had a blast. Was great to see the place operating after being a part of it for so long. Don't care for soccer, but I'll make it to several games because it's something unique to do and I can bike from my house in less than 15 minutes.

Side note, the bike valet is nice if you can get there early enough before they fill up. Free and they have people around to watch your bike, but take a lock in case it fills up and they will still watch your stuff.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Yes much much cooler in person than on television! I wonder if that will fade like Football as we see it more live
FinMick
AG
For those going tomorrow--download the app. The stadium has wifi, and you can order food from your phone and then go pick it up without waiting in line.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
That's a pro tip
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Great game
cityagboy
AG
Electric Jellyfish is expensive. They are marking that up less than the other beers.
cityagboy
AG
We have been to all the games and it's been a blast. My 6 year old son is loving it! The app works great for buying food. Parking isn't great but it's significantly easier than an Aggie football game. We bought tickets with a few other families and carpool.

We feel blessed to have a pro team in Austin!
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Best bang for the buck is 24oz Heineken for $15
chet98
AG
Ryota Hayami said:

Electric Jellyfish is expensive. They are marking that up less than the other beers.
If my math is right....

50L keg of EJ is $195 on Pinthouse's Toasttab website

50L keg = 1,691 ounces = ~106 16oz pints

$195 / 106 pints = $1.85 per pint

$1.85 / pint sold for $15 is 700% markup = highway robbery.

All that said it was a tasty brew and I'd hate to do the same math for a Coors Light!
I bleed maroon
AG
chet98 said:

Ryota Hayami said:

If my math is right....

All that said it was a tasty brew and I'd hate to do the same math for a Coors Light!
Come on, man! You can't compare a keg to an individual beer. Heck, Electric Jellyfish is $19-25 for a four pack of pint cans at Spec's or other liquor stores. In a bar or restaurant, you're gonna probably pay $8-10 each, so while the price is high, it's not quite as exorbitant as you think, I agree that it's a lot less of a markup percentage-wise than Dos Equis or Michelob Ultra. But, each to their own taste!

All in all, their concession prices are in-line with other big league venues, and the selection of local favorites is pretty decent. I think they still have a ways to go with ironing out the wrinkles at the concession stands, but overall, I'm fairly pleased.

Can't wait for the "cool" weather for tomorrow's match. Gotta get revenge on those LAFC jokers.
chet98
AG
I bleed maroon said:

chet98 said:

Ryota Hayami said:

If my math is right....

Come on, man! You can't compare a keg to an individual beer. Heck, Electric Jellyfish is $19-25 for a four pack of pint cans at Spec's or other liquor stores. In a bar or restaurant, you're gonna probably pay $8-10 each, so while the price is high, it's not quite as exorbitant as you think, I agree that it's a lot less of a markup percentage-wise than Dos Equis or Michelob Ultra. But, each to their own taste!

All in all, their concession prices are in-line with other big league venues, and the selection of local favorites is pretty decent. I think they still have a ways to go with ironing out the wrinkles at the concession stands, but overall, I'm fairly pleased.

Can't wait for the "cool" weather for tomorrow's match. Gotta get revenge on those LAFC jokers.

Yeah I was more curious than anything. Obviously not a good comp for an individual purchase. It would take me a while to go through a full keg at home!
LylaGarrity
AG
WTB 2 tickets to July 22nd game. Thanks!
fig96
AG
I've got 3 seats in 317 for the match tomorrow night that I can't use if anyone wants to go, face is $75 with a $20 food credit included. DM me if interested.
thirty-two
AG
3 goals tonight. About time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.