Austin
Sponsored by

Repeal of homeless law

18,601 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Gramercy Riffs
Cowboy Curtis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SteveBott
AG
Let me get this straight, the city says you can camp out legally in front of private businesses but not around their workplace? Politicians have no shame
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Austin within 10 years if we let this crap continue...

stardustag
AG
KT 90 said:

stardustag said:

would love to see a bunch of tents all around City Hall, just so those city clowncil will see it as they walk in and out every day.

per the info I just posted above, no can do on the camping all around City Hall.

yeh I just heard that on the news too... and of course not... they don't want to see the campers themselves!
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Martin Cash
AG
SteveBott said:

Let me get this straight, the city says you can camp out legally in front of private businesses but not around their workplace? Politicians have no shame
Progressives have mastered the art of 'do as I say, not as I do.'
Hanrahan
AG
I can't wait for the first scooter riding dummy to crash into a tent on a public sidewalk and fall into oncoming traffic. That will be a very interesting case to follow against the city
SteveBott
AG
Well this did not take long. Geez what a cluster this is going to be..

Potcake
AG
I'm calling BS on that. Either staged or shopped. The new law doesn't allow camping on private property, which that would be.
BenFiasco14
AG
Or bums just not GAF, as per usual
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Potcake
AG
A source for the photo would help too.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Potcake said:

I'm calling BS on that. Either staged or shopped. The new law doesn't allow camping on private property, which that would be.

Clearly you haven't frequented the Ben White & Manchaca-1st area recently.
who?mikejones
AG
Something about a cookie and some milk applies here.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The new ordinance does not allow for camping on private property. The owners should call the police
cottonpatchag
AG
And there will be a tire through that window faster than the little old lady used to throw it in the commercial. And neither that or the squatting will draw anything form the police
Potcake
AG
What does that even mean?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
So you are saying if the cops are called they won't come?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Potcake said:

What does that even mean?

It's from a Children's book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie he will then ask for milk, then ask for something else, then something else.
The requests will never end.

Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
"Except, not in front of City Hall itself."
Cowboy Curtis
AG
evan_aggie
AG
To be fair, that'd be illegal regardless of any changes to ordinances. You can't start setting fires around town.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
evan_aggie said:

To be fair, that'd be illegal regardless of any changes to ordinances. You can't start setting fires around town.
You think the homeless care about laws? Another fire Westgate/Lamar yesterday...
evan_aggie
AG
I'm saying that the ordinance changes don't prevent police from stopping this illegal behavior.
rather be fishing
AG
Cowboy Curtis said:

That's my hood!
Robert C. Christian
AG
evan_aggie said:

Bc step 2 of their plan is to then use rampant tents as justification for a $100m homeless shelter bond. And Adler will tell us all, it's a cup of Starbucks coffee a month.

Of course they won't remind everyone that we're still paying 10 cups of Starbucks a month from the previous 10 years.

Didn't take long to get the ball rolling.
BenFiasco14
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

evan_aggie said:

Bc step 2 of their plan is to then use rampant tents as justification for a $100m homeless shelter bond. And Adler will tell us all, it's a cup of Starbucks coffee a month.

Of course they won't remind everyone that we're still paying 10 cups of Starbucks a month from the previous 10 years.

This crap is just comical at this point.

I am trying so, so hard to understand the wacky Council/Mayor's perspective on this issue but I just can't. It's flat out unicorn fart insanity (mixed w/ a little bit of kickbacks I'm sure). Good grief I can't wait to get out of the city limits (AND Travis County)
OregonAggie
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

evan_aggie said:

I am trying so, so hard to understand the wacky Council/Mayor's perspective on this issue but I just can't. It's flat out unicorn fart insanity (mixed w/ a little bit of kickbacks I'm sure). Good grief I can't wait to get out of the city limits (AND Travis County)

Hays county sucks and we're full. Stay out of here
AgOutsideAustin
AG
OregonAggie said:

BenFiasco14 said:

evan_aggie said:

Hays county sucks and we're full. Stay out of here

Wilco is full too Fiasco keep on driving
Try Houston or Dallas
BrokeAssAggie
Hays is turning just as lib. Dripping Springs is loaded with Cali transplants
BenFiasco14
AG
Didn't you just move to this area?
stardustag
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

evan_aggie said:

It's not that difficult, really. The Mayor and the City Council want us to write bigger checks (in the form of tax dollar), to add to the city budget, to get more funding for their pet projects, etc.

The problem is, or they thought, the residents won't be willing to pony up more money until we can see the problems... so what did they do? They make sure we can see the problem (by allowing homeless to camp), then next they'll propose a new bond, or tax rate hike, or combination of both, and the idiots that live in city of Austin who don't own houses will gladly vote yes, and next thing you know, we will be writing a bigger check.

@#$#%#$....
one MEEN Ag
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Hasn't even had time to change his handle yet.

Whats the allowed minimum time between moving to Austin and then complaining about other people moving to Austin? Sitting in traffic for a work week?

BenFiasco14
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Whats the allowed minimum time between moving to Austin and then complaining about other people moving to Austin? Sitting in traffic for a work week?

I'd say three years minimum.
500,000ags
AG
I'm seeing tents and cardboard shanties now. Great.
fig96
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

BenFiasco14 said:

I bought a house so that counts right?
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.