Austin
Sponsored by

Belterra

1,495 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HTownAg98
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any posters live out in Belterra? Hadn't really ever considered it and wondering what people who live there think. Looked at a couple homes out there and liked them a lot more than I thought I would. Seemed like the amenities were really nice. Especially with a 16 month old.

I realize it's a bit out there. Wife works on 71 near jack Allen's and I'm off 360. I'm in early so don't think it would be an issue. I'm more curious about evening and weekend things to do. Are you finding you always have to go more into Austin?
SteveBott
AG
Taxes and HOA fees are killer
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I did know about the taxes but not hoa. I thought that was ~$50/month
SteveBott
AG
I'm not sure but I'd check. Someone is paying for the community extras.
tamc91
AG
Some people I know out there like it. We got close to buying a home there 6 years ago, but when we looked at the total tax burden we noticed the Special Utility District costs for the natural gas service was substantially higher than what we thought was reasonable. I forget what the HOA fees were.

The other thing we considered was that while elementary school was close, the drive to middle and high shool was a challenge and getting worse. Our kids were M.S. age so that was a consideration. They have a new M.S. near BelTerra so it helps with that issue until H.S.
GIGEMeh
We moved to Belterra in July. We do like the area, and were aware of the expected taxes. The propane, while annoying not to have a choice, doesn't appear to be the issue it was previously.

Feel free to reach out to me if you want any more anecdotal information.

Username at micah dot ws.
JAW3336
AG
That tax rate is crazy high.
SteveBott
AG
Most master planned communities have to set up all the utilities in bonds. They are called MUDs. They can add a half point to the tax rate easy. Then all the eye candy is bonded through the HOA. Tack it on.

OregonAggie
AG
Come to Arrowhead Ranch on the West side of town. Theres a few Ags in the neighborhood and prices are reasonable for the area.

Drip99
AG
I live in belterra. Taxes are insane but other than that its a nice community. Schools are good and in the neighborhood and there are many hike/bike trails and ponds. Many ags here (dripping springs ag group meets at stiles switch to watch games) and with the new restaurants, golds gym and movie theater we avoid Austin as much as possible We have community events monthly with food trucks, etc. Lots of breweries out here that have events going on and there is plenty to do in dripping, Wimberley (20 min away), Johnson city Christmas lights, etc. There are many neighborhoods popping up so I would encourage you to explore all of them to find your best fit but belterra is a solid established community.

I lived in highpoint before belterra and can provide input there as well...
putu
AG
HOA fees are $125/Qtr. I don't consider that high at all for the amenities we get.

Taxes on the other hand are high as described. But, we get an elementary school almost to ourselves. Add in all the new eateries/shops at Belterra Village and its a great little community. Very family friendly.
JAW3336
AG
That is not bad at all for HOA.
SteveBott
AG
Yea I stand corrected. I must of confused them with another HOA. In Houston it's crazy on the west side.
HTownAg98
If you're thinking about going into Austin, construction on the Y project in Oak Hill is supposed to begin next winter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.