Austin
Sponsored by

Might be moving to Leander or Georgetown

13,173 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggieangler93
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tamutaylor12 said:

rather be fishing said:

I have an affinity for Georgetown. If you picked it up and moved it out around Brady, I'd move there in a heartbeat.

I'd most certainly raise kids there. And, since our neighborhood feeds Lanier HS, we'll most certainly have to make a move at some point. I sure as hell don't see AISD making any improvement. Hopefully I'll have my acreage in the hill country by then, though.

You can send your kid to any HS in AISD that isn't capped due to enrollment. Anderson wasn't on the list and might not be too far. Mccallum has improved a bit as well.
Does that work the same for elementary and middle schools?
tamutaylor12
Yes
CharlieBrown17
AG
Quote:

I live in Round Rock and even I want nothing to do with GT traffic.

Damn I need to get the number for your dealer...

Traffic in GT is only ever bad at about 3 lights around lunch and end of work and even then it isn't that bad.

35 doesn't back up without a wreck.
trouble
AG
Dos Salsas is not our best Mexican. Not even close.
trouble
AG
96ags said:

coyote68 said:

Average age in Georgetown is 70. Geriatric Capitol of Texas. No kidding.
Look out guys he's not kidding so it must be true.

We're all ancient here.
trouble
AG
Georgetown traffic is nothing.

Round Rock is where you slow down and enjoy your stay on 35.

I've lived here almost 13 years now so I've seen most of the recent growth. I love it and if we weren't full, I'd recommend you move here.
trouble
AG
El Charrito.
SteveBott
AG
Wondered why my watchlist blew up and come and find Trouble. Makes sense.

Hey girl let's do lunch at your place and leave hubs and baby at home.
trouble
AG
We can do lunch anytime you want.
SteveBott
AG
Alrighty challenge is accepted. Your Mexican place this Friday at 1:PM. I'm buying you, hubby and new baby food...

Please bring baby food to cut my costs..

Anyone in the area care to join us?
trouble
AG
We should be able to do that. And the baby just eats off of my plate.
SteveBott
AG
Anyone else? Open invite but I'm done paying for others.
oldarmy76
Some other day. I'm heading out of town tomorrow, but it'd be good to meet some other g-town Aggies.
SteveBott
AG
I'm planning more lunches.
trouble
AG
We should definitely start doing lunches again.
MouthBQ98
AG
One is a giant Austin suburb, and the other will be within another decade, effectively.
Gordon Bombay
AG
Grateful to have grown up in Gtown, would go back in a heart beat if I could.
rthiele84
We just move to Leander from Dallas last year. We love it so far. Everyone is friendly. There is a great small town feel here which is what we were looking for. We were tired of living in Dallas. We have found lots of really good family owned restaurants, JJ's, Cherry Creek Catfish, Mouton's, Los Reyes. We are close enough to Cedar Park to take advantage of all the other restaurans, shopping, etc. and far enough in the outskirts of Leander to enjoy the peacefulness (At least for now till everyone move's here). And the commute down 183 is fast every morning till you get to the Duval area.
Hanrahan
AG
Water is expensive outside the city of austin. I love in west austin (bee cave) and my summer water bills are insane way above my electric. Just to keep grass alive is $500. $750 if I want it green. Insane.
Furlock Bones
AG
Hanrahan said:

Water is expensive outside the city of austin. I love in west austin (bee cave) and my summer water bills are insane way above my electric. Just to keep grass alive is $500. $750 if I want it green. Insane.

What neighborhood are you in?
Aggieangler93
AG
AISD offers that because the schools are so bad and taxes so high that they can let you go to whatever school you want with no over-crowding concerns. That may be an indicator of what you are getting!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Aggieangler93
AG
Some things to keep in mind:

Property Taxes will be cheaper in Williamson County, and crime rates are lower, so you are on the right track. If I could work in Georgetown or Leander, and wanted some land, I might look up around Walberg or Andice or Liberty Hill (all within 15 miles or so, and fairly rural). Not sure if you want land or just a smaller bedroom community. Lots of places popping up about half way in between Gtown and Leander,

Otherwise, I have had family in Leander for over 100 years (HS stadium is named after my Grampa) and Georgetown in the last 20. Either one is a nice place to live within a decent driving distance of just about all you could want to do. I believe RRISD schools are rated slightly better, so I live in Round Rock attendance boundaries, although I chose not to live in the city limits but in the county.

My water bill is hardly ever over $100, but I am in a MUD. I have a sprinkler system that runs twice a week except for Nov - Feb.

I don't think you could go wrong with either. It's about personal preferences. You could explore most of all of this in a day, if you have time to come look.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.