Austin
Sponsored by

River Place Country Club

21,580 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dr T and the Women
Dr T and the Women
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
they are offering full golf membership with no initiation. It is a nice course. If anyone is interested I will host you there
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
2DollarYo
AG
I may be interested.

How are the terms more or less? F&B minimums?
att hello
2dollaryo, go join the Hills of Lakeway. You get four great courses to play and you're part of ClubCorp, so you get to play a lot of other courses as well. There are some really good deals right now and I have a $500 off initiation coupon you can have. How old are you?

att hello
If you travel, they have courses all over you can play as well. Here is the list of other clubs in Austin, in which you can play each month and just for a cart fee.

TRD-Ferguson
AG
When RP first opened there was a lot of concern in the pro shop because the 19th Hole conversations were about how many balls were lost and not scores.
Dr T and the Women
AG
No food minimum. Roughly 400 month dues.
It really is a great deal
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Goodfield Nohit
I'm a River Place member and I hate that golf course. I do however get to play Onion Creek, Twin Creeks, and The Dominion as much as I want, as part of the River Place Membership. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.
JS-ags fan
I'd like to try it out. Someone told me about this just 2 days ago as well, but they are not members.

jss360@gmail.com

Can you email me?

Jeffery
Dr T and the Women
AG
Will do
Leanderthal
Dr T,

This may be handy for my family.
I assume the full golf membership would also give my family access pool/tennis/summer camps/workout room? Do you know if there is after school programs for kids Sept-May?

Thanks

Dr T and the Women
AG
quote:
Dr T,

This may be handy for my family.
I assume the full golf membership would also give my family access pool/tennis/summer camps/workout room? Do you know if there is after school programs for kids Sept-May?

Thanks

yes to everything. If you live in Leander Twin Creeks is closer and you get access to their facilities also (for 35 bucks/m more).

If you give me your contact info I can send you more info
Pasty69
AG
I looked at the Hills last year and it was $35k to join - payable in installments each year until I turned 40. If there are bette deals now, I'd be interested.
att hello
quote:
I looked at the Hills last year and it was $35k to join - payable in installments each year until I turned 40. If there are bette deals now, I'd be interested.

Just got back from another great club tourney. No, there are some options:

Lakeway membership - Two courses:
$500 and $350/month with my coupon

Full four course membership:
$4,500 with my coupon and $499/month.

Yes, you can pay yearly ($6K) and lock it in, or just pay the $4,500 subtracted from whatever the full initiation is when you turn 40. You can also just drop down your membership when you turn 40. No matter what, you still have the One club (all the other courses, clubs and food) and complete access to the club outside of Flintrock and the Hills golf. No matter what, you have club house access. There are so many options and there isn't a bad choice. They will work with you and you can't beat the courses, club, benefits, people, etc.

Just let me know and I can give you the coupon or help out. When you get older, it gets a lot more costly:

att hello
att hello
quote:

If you are over 40, let me know and I can try to help you. I don't know what I can get done in that situation, but I play golf and am sort of tight with the club director. Maybe nothing, but it can't hurt to try.
att hello
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
att-

This is a very timely post...

Im looking at joining as a fitness level member with the ONE benefit because my wife and I dont really play golf (although I really want to learn). We actually toured the facilities yesterday. Any comments on the non-golf programming and the access given with One? We have small kids 2 and 6. Particularly I'm curious if we would have access to pools at Lost Creek/ Riverplace. The pool at the world of tennis is disappointing. We are currently members at the Lakeway resort, but they are pulling the program...

I know the ONE benefit would give me quite a bit of golf access w/ cart fee only so I can see if I have the inclination to go all in...
att hello
Husky,

The people really make the club and with the One, you will be able to play a lot of great golf. You will also be invited to play a lot of all member golf events at the club. They will be open to all levels and a lot of fun.

My wife thinks the tennis racket pool and fitness center is a tad outdated but we really enjoy the club overall.

I am heading out for a bit, but will update this with a full post later.
att hello
quote:
att-

This is a very timely post...

Im looking at joining as a fitness level member with the ONE benefit because my wife and I dont really play golf (although I really want to learn). We actually toured the facilities yesterday. Any comments on the non-golf programming and the access given with One? We have small kids 2 and 6. Particularly I'm curious if we would have access to pools at Lost Creek/ Riverplace. The pool at the world of tennis is disappointing. We are currently members at the Lakeway resort, but they are pulling the program...

I know the ONE benefit would give me quite a bit of golf access w/ cart fee only so I can see if I have the inclination to go all in...

You will have access to the pool at Lost Creek.

An excerpt from the summer kids email they sent out:

quote:
Daily Swimming . Group Golf & Tennis Instruction > Wacky Wednesdays . Thankful Thursdays . Martial Arts . Arts & Crafts . Fun with Foods . Super Science . Group Games . & More!

There is something to do almost every damn day. The kids are usually welcome at most events as well. Like at the tournament last night, they had music and a jump house setup for the kids.

Husky Boy Jr.
AG
Great info - thank you!
att hello
quote:
Great info - thank you!

No problem. Did you join?
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
quote:
quote:
Great info - thank you!

We are joining in a few weeks.
att hello
quote:
quote:
quote:
Great info - thank you!

We are joining in a few weeks.

Awesome.
voorheesdn
AG
Do you know what the Junior Membership dues are per month?

Would be curious about there and Twin Creeks. We live in central Austin so Twin Creeks is a farther drive for us. I am also looking at Balcones simply for price and convenience.
Dr T and the Women
AG
I don't but ask Melissa. They may be the same as they are waiving the initiation. Balcones is a big step down in quality from Twin and RP
voorheesdn
AG
Melissa is the membership director? Do you have her contact info?
att hello
quote:
I don't but ask Melissa. They may be the same as they are waiving the initiation. Balcones is a big step down in quality from Twin and RP

Dr T, also wanted to say sorry for the hijack.
Dr T and the Women
AG
quote:
Melissa is the membership director? Do you have her contact info?
Dave,

tell her Dr. T the ob sent you. She is good people.

You get access to Twin Creeks also. Twin is actually my home club.

MELISSA STARNES
Membership Director
(512) 346-1114 Ext. 3903
mstarnes@dggclubs.com"]mstarnes@dggclubs.com

voorheesdn
AG
Thanks. Email has been sent. Will let you know how it goes once I hear back.
att hello
Goodfield Nohit
FWIW, I'm dropping my Riverplace membership this month. I've been a member for 7 years. Every good pro they have ever had, has left; Ken Fothergill, Kyle O'Brien, Chris Dekaratry.

Every good chef they have had has left. The food is spectacularly average. They have Prime Rib night on Fridays, and then they freeze the leftovers and sell them as Philly Cheese Steaks and Roast Beef Sliders later in the week. People should be arrested for serving that crap.

The attention to detail on the golf course sucks. For 7 years they have been telling us they will level the tee boxes. Well, that's still a wish list. The tee boxes still suck. You often have hanging lies on tee shots (#6, 15), and #1 is a joke now that they have built houses down the fairway. I couldn't find a place on #12 to put a tee into the ground yesterday, it was like concrete up there.

Oh, and they charged my 3 guests $50 each for nine holes for a 5:30 tee time yesterday. AYFKM???

I will give huge props to Chris Dekaratry for fixing the bunkers and the greens, but at the end of the day, the best pro this club has ever had, left because the ownership kept ****ing him, and the members over.

Enjoy your new membership, if any of you are gullible enough to bite.
att hello
quote:
FWIW, I'm dropping my Riverplace membership this month. I've been a member for 7 years. Every good pro they have ever had, has left; Ken Fothergill, Kyle O'Brien, Chris Dekaratry.

Every good chef they have had has left. The food is spectacularly average. They have Prime Rib night on Fridays, and then they freeze the leftovers and sell them as Philly Cheese Steaks and Roast Beef Sliders later in the week. People should be arrested for serving that crap.

The attention to detail on the golf course sucks. For 7 years they have been telling us they will level the tee boxes. Well, that's still a wish list. The tee boxes still suck. You often have hanging lies, and #1 is a joke now that they have built houses down the fairway. I couldn't find a place on #12 to put a tee into the ground yesterday, it was like concrete up there.

Oh, and they charged my 3 guests $50 each for nine holes for a 5:30 tee time yesterday. AYFKM???

I will give huge props to Chris Dekaratry for fixing the bunkers and the greens, but at the end of the day, the best pro this club has ever had, left because the ownership kept ****ing him, and the members over.

Enjoy your new membership, if any of you are gullible enough to bite.

Come out to the Hills of Lakeway.
Goodfield Nohit
I'd love to play a round or two as a prospect. I am so tired of playing golf courses where it's gonna be fixed up real soon.

att hello
quote:
I'd love to play a round or two as a prospect. I am so tired of playing golf courses where it's gonna be fixed up real soon.

Email Heather and she will bring you out for a round or tournament. The tournaments always have free food and booze with the golf and are a great time.

heather.rice@clubcorp.com

Goodfield Nohit
Thanks. I'll do that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.