Mail since Beryl

5,134 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by maroon barchetta
b0ridi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone received mail since Beryl? NoCoSta if it matters.
halibut sinclair
Yes. EaBry.
Rockdoc
AG
No what's going on? My mailman doesn't even run and I have packages parked in Houston and Navasota just sitting there. One came to town and then left again. Tired of this.
FlyRod
All normal in South Bryan.
trouble
AG
All normal in central Bryan.
MiMi
S
I'm in Castlegate. I didn't get any mail for several days last week. And then only a few items since. However, received multiple pieces in today's delivery, so I'd say caught up now.
Rockdoc
AG
I'm near you in south CS and we're still not getting our full complement of mail, and no packages.
threecatcorner
Yes. Not all from local addresses either.
histag10
AG
Normal north of Bryan. And by normal, I mean we sporadically get mail every few days despite informed delivery saying I should be getting stuff daily.
iisanaggie
AG
We are getting mail but are missing some that were on our Informed Delivery last week. We were out of town and had it held. When we got back, several things were missing and haven't shown up yet. Today's Informed Delivery was wrong too.
The Brazos Kid
Little if any mail here in S. CS. There's a sizable check in the mail I'm waiting to receive. Will tell sender to stop payment and resend via FedEx.
Hornbeck
AG
We haven't had an issue off Fitch down south…
doubledog
It is bad... I judge mail delivery by junk mail I receive. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will stop the junk mail. If it does then you know something is up. (not that I am complaining)
Charpie
AG
Rockdoc said:

No what's going on? My mailman doesn't even run and I have packages parked in Houston and Navasota just sitting there. One came to town and then left again. Tired of this.
I have 3 in flux. One is actually sitting here in Bryan. The other two went from Houston to Dallas back to Houston and are now in Beaumont. I called the post office and the nice lady on the phone explained to me that Beryl threw everything off. She also stated that they hope to have everything caught up by the end of the day today.
vmiaptetr
AG
No issue in Millican (closer to Navasota).
b0ridi
doubledog said:

It is bad... I judge mail delivery by junk mail I receive. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will stop the junk mail. If it does then you know something is up. (not that I am complaining)
No junk mail for a week is what led me to posting this!
91_Aggie
AG
South SoCo Cstat
and we are getting normal mail deliveries
Grmpy
b0ridi said:

doubledog said:

No junk mail for a week is what led me to posting this!
An option for those of you willing to spend a few dollars to stop a lot of junk mail: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/how-stop-junk-mail
Rockdoc
AG
Charpie said:

Rockdoc said:

I have 3 in flux. One is actually sitting here in Bryan. The other two went from Houston to Dallas back to Houston and are now in Beaumont. I called the post office and the nice lady on the phone explained to me that Beryl threw everything off. She also stated that they hope to have everything caught up by the end of the day today.

Well I glad to see you post this. I live in CS and had my dogs pain meds go from Washington state to Dallas to Houston to Bryan to Navasota and this morning it's back in Houston.
Charpie
AG
Rockdoc said:

Charpie said:

Rockdoc said:

Well I glad to see you post this. I live in CS and had my dogs pain meds go from Washington state to Dallas to Houston to Bryan to Navasota and this morning it's back in Houston.

What the hell? I told the lady at the post office that they should leave my packages in Houston if they wind up there because I can walk there and back quicker than I can getting it through them. She laughed. I didn't think it was that funny.
Rockdoc
AG
No it's not funny and they're no help.
Uncle Bug
AG
Saturday, the Mailman Lady dropped off a package at the door and apologized for delays, "The Houston Post Office flooded, so we're a little bit behind."

Since 99.99% of anything in my mailbox is baloney I was not too alarmed, but I imagine certain parcels are VERY important to many.

Cynical BTW: This is a few weeks after I sent a very special care package to someone out of state that finally arrived three weeks later in the form of an empty envelope in a ziplock bag with a "I'm sorry - here ya go" note in it. Maybe we're not paying enough for stamps(?)

Outbound, I go to Bryan PO or UPS these days.
histag10
AG
91_Aggie said:

South SoCo Cstat

Can you explain where this is? It seems you posted South South College Station College Station. And I'm confused.
Mister Shipwreck
I have been waiting on a package to be delivered at the College Station post office for about a week now. It's still floating around, according to the tracking #.
Charpie
AG
Two of my 4 are supposedly coming today. The others are still in Beaumont
91_Aggie
AG
histag10 said:

91_Aggie said:

South SoCo Cstat

Can you explain where this is? It seems you posted South South College Station College Station. And I'm confused.
No, you parsed it accurately. no need to be confused.
Rockdoc
AG
What's infuriating is tracking shows packages make it to town, and then are shipped out to another town instead of being delivered. Incompetence.
Hornbeck
AG
Rockdoc said:

What's infuriating is tracking shows packages make it to town, and then are shipped out to another town instead of being delivered. Incompetence.

Incompetence, waste of time, resources, and increased angst. These are all things that come to mind, but I don't think it's going to change one iota. The system is broken. They had a system that worked fairly well, but the powers that be decided to play a game of jenga with the pieces to try and "save money" and "create efficiencies". This terrible end product is what we are left with.
maroon barchetta
My prescription drug insurance plan keeps trying to get me to use mail order if I need something.

No way.
Charpie
AG
Update. The two packages that I'm waiting for should be delivered today.
maroon barchetta
It rained this morning. They will probably take off like Newman.
Hammerheadjim
AG
I keep getting notifications that a package has been delivered to your residential mailbox, but no package.
THis is a rural Brazos county route. To be honest I have not received any mail since July 9th. For me this is unusual.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
Hornbeck
AG
maroon barchetta said:

My prescription drug insurance plan keeps trying to get me to use mail order if I need something.

No way.

Same, my corporate insurance keeps trying to get me to do the same. My response to the most recent call from them: "I don't live in a place that has a mail sorting facility, and my sorting facility is in a third world country (Houston). So, I'm going to continue to decline. Unless they want to use UPS or FedEx, I'm not game." The call center lady laughed. Me: "I'm glad you find it just as funny as I find it when you guys call."

USPS is completely unreliable, and as my wife and I are late 40s / early 50s, we take a number of prescription meds to keep us going. I'm not going to trust that to the system and mail carriers who hurl packages up the driveway, or jam them in the mailbox and break the door…
Anonymous Source
S
I've got a package that's been hung up in Normangee, according to the tracker, for close to a week. Tempted to go pick it up myself.
Gig 'Em
Charpie
AG
Packages are here. YAY
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.