Krispy Kreme burned down [Staff Warning]

21,874 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Hornbeck
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MarineBQ04 said:

100 employees, never saw that many different people over the times I went...I had told several people that I thought it was the owner, they all thought I was crazy at the time. My theory was based off the restaurant had had its sale tax license revoked a couple of times for not paying taxes.

As of a few days ago the (original) state sales tax license was still listed as active.
General Jack D. Ripper
With that many employees and the alleged fraud he committed, you gotta think something with PPP. However, like said above they may have been part timers.
There was this one time at ban camp…
legalbird
The 100 employees was probably an exxageration. New businesses will often overstaft the econimic impact on the community to woo city officials or look for tax abatements.

Maybe 100 people were on the roster but got whittled down within the first few weeks of the new business.

Will be interesting to see the bond once he gets to the Brazos Valley. I guess the driver could exit off Highway 6, go down Harvey road, to get to the jailhouse.
84AGEC
AG
Drove by there the day they named the owner the suspect. Thought there was only one reason it was untouched since the fire, ongoing investigation.
Anyway, they announced tonight that clean up shall soon start.
AggiePhil
AG
How long till Kristy Kreme rebuilds??
EBrazosAg
AG
Franchise. Owner arrested. Not likely to happen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
General Jack D. Ripper
AggiePhil said:

In addition to corrupted morality, there are typically other factors that cause one to commit arson. I'd assume the business was hemorrhaging money.
There was this one time at ban camp…
84AGEC
AG
Probably a no on rebuilding
PS3D
AggiePhil said:

Probably never. The building was on leased land owned by Post Oak Square, and the lease was signed to Krazy Donut, not Krispy Kreme (which will almost certainly be revoked). There's nothing left except a sign, too.

On the plus side the parking lot and garbage is up to code so the spot will be shopped around before everything is gone.
cypress-ag
AG
Will this site ever be cleaned up? COCS will slap up signs for people not mowing grass left and right but we can't get someone to scape that slab clean? I saw some student hoping the fence for the chairs the other day so maybe alot will disappear on its own.
techno-ag
AG
Dunno but I wouldn't doubt some kind of federal hold since the ATF got involved.
Hornbeck
AG
Just let all the local meth addicts know there's lots of metal that can be sold at Bryan Iron and Metal. Problem solved.
TheOC16
AG
cypress-ag said:

Will this site ever be cleaned up? COCS will slap up signs for people not mowing grass left and right but we can't get someone to scape that slab clean? I saw some student hoping the fence for the chairs the other day so maybe alot will disappear on its own.
The city will put up signs for not mowing grass? That's not an HOA thing?

If that's true, let me know where I can grab some of those signs or who to call to get some for my neighbors.
trouble
AG
There's a certain height that's against code. Just look up code enforcement in the CoCS website.
TheOC16
AG
Ooh, you're about to see me strolling down the streets with my new pimp cane:

cypress-ag
AG
TheOC16 said:

cypress-ag said:

If that's true, let me know where I can grab some of those signs or who to call to get some for my neighbors.
A few along Francis on the East Side area and another on Walton if my memory is correct. I know for sure one on Munson.
maroon barchetta
Foster near Lincoln had a sign last week. To be fair their grass was knee high

It got mowed in the last week but not raked or mulched. Guess there isn't an ordinance about that.

Looking at SeeClickFix for that Foster location, looks like someone reported it there.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
TheOC16 said:

cypress-ag said:

Be sure to put some in their new median down Greens Prairie.
BiochemAg97
AG
TheOC16 said:

cypress-ag said:

Having been part of an HOA board in a past life, HOA expectations are stricter than code enforcement. However, code enforcement has a bit more teeth. Our management company would send letters/issue fines, but we would turn over to the city when it got that bad.

We did create a policy that allowed the HOA to hire someone to mow the property and charge it back to the home owner. But with the required notices and escalations, it would have been several months of not mowing before the HOA could have done that. If the grass/weeds were growing, turning it over to code enforcement got the job done much faster.

BTW, an HOA can place a lien and foreclose, but only for back dues, not fines. HOA power is very limited if you pay your dues but ignore their fines. I suppose the title company may settle up with the HOA when the house sold to ensure the new buyer had a zero balance with the HOA, so they may get you in the end.
Hornbeck
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Foster near Lincoln had a sign last week. To be fair their grass was knee high

It got mowed in the last week but not raked or mulched. Guess there isn't an ordinance about that.

Looking at SeeClickFix for that Foster location, looks like someone reported it there.

The city mowed the right of way along Fitch, and left a huge pile of clippings out in front of my neighborhood. I had several folks text me about it, thinking it was the guys who take care of the common areas in the neighborhood.

So, rules are for thee, and not for me?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.