Krispy Kreme burned down [Staff Warning]

9,038 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by AggiePirate
textar4404
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kbtx.com/2024/05/13/fire-erupts-college-station-krispy-kreme-location-monday-morning/

[People in this community have lost their income because of this fire and we are not going to allow jokes about it to be made on this board. That is the warning for the board. -Staff]

[We are also going to remove unsubstantiated rumors and we are going to start giving bans if posters ignore the warnings. -Staff]
Belton Ag
AG
From the looks of it, you're not exaggerating. It was fully engulfed.
tu ag
AG
Big fire. Glad nobody is hurt.
TyHolden
AG
yeah, that's done

JMac03
AG
I am so thankful no one was in the store at the time. Rusty reported that it blew other business windows out. I hope the folks employed there can find something quickly.
MiMi
S
Quote:

I hope the folks employed there can find something quickly.
Ditto. My mother worked for Olive Garden when it burned down many years ago. The community was really great helping the employees find other work. At the time, Red Lobster was still a Darden property, so she worked there until the new OG opened at its current location.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Man this is tough. I feel bad for anyone affected.

On a personal note I know Shipley is the local go-to for many but I actually like Krispy Kreme a lot. Love their rasberry stuffed donut the most.
FlyRod
Sadly kitchen fires are very common, esp. when production of items is done rapidly (which is true of donuts), stuff--grease, oils, etc. that's incendiary goes all over and its easy to miss a spark starting, esp. late if the staff are tired.
gibby03
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Man this is tough. I feel bad for anyone affected.

On a personal note I know Shipley is the local go-to for many but I actually like Krispy Kreme a lot. Love their rasberry stuffed donut the most.

I actually preferred their jelly filled better than most. For sure. I really didn't ever go that way to get them though.
tu ag
AG
I am all for joking about politicians, your buddy, and your boss...but this is one thread were the staff clean-up was 100% warranted.
The jokes were not only too soon, but classless.
Real people are affected and worried right now. To them, this could be a disaster.
Wicked Good Ag
I was the first official customer for this location

Stayed all night and got a years worth of donuts free for family

BCStalk
That is terrible. Didn't go that often, but did stop in the morning about twice a month when I was that way. Hopefully the staff is taken care of quickly as they all seemed very nice each time I was there.
PS3D
BluHorseShu
AG

There's a time and a place. Most discussions have boundaries that users agree too, and if they don't there's a myriad of other forums where people just want to crack wise.
Normally, the couth/tact people have serve as the guard rails....but not all have this gene.

[We pay attention to the posters that use the flag option as the guard rails and appreciate the effort in keeping this board respectful. -Staff]
Rapier108
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
tu ag
AG
This just got ugly...
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Racial messages, accelerants, ATF involved... Huh. I'd speculate a disgruntled employee. I can't see any other reason someone would be that upset at a donut shop.
JMac03
AG
So was the graffiti before or after the fire?
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

The ATF has joined the investigation.

Rapier108
The ATF would be involved because the fire looks to be intentional, not because of the graffiti.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
scd88
AG
Can someone explain the racist stuff to me, please? I don't understand the graffiti.

Thanks.
TyHolden
AG
scd88 said:

Can someone explain the racist stuff to me, please? I don't understand the graffiti.

Thanks.
Just play a little NWA, Snoop, or Dre from back in the day and everything will make sense. You know, back when rap was good.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
My earlier post was removed for some undisclosed reason

The point being that the CS FD and fire marshals office is extremely talented.

They will get to the bottom of this almost always

And generally pretty quickly

Firefighter, RETIRED

ETA: if the ATF has been called in, there's already been some significant information acquired

[Your post was auto removed as a reply during a cleanup of speculative posts and rumors at the time and nothing more. -Staff]
scd88
AG
Students have just left. Place then blows up with some not cool graffiti on the building.

This sounds suspect on all fronts but let's see how this plays out. I never thought BCS was a hotbed of anti-black racism.

People here do prefer Shipley's, though...
Stupe
S
Quote:

This sounds suspect on all fronts but let's see how this plays out. I never thought BCS was a hotbed of anti-black racism.
It's not. And Mark Michael Young trying to make it seem like it was had a lot to do with him losing his job.

I hate talk to text.
PS3D
scd88 said:

Students have just left. Place then blows up with some not cool graffiti on the building.

Remember the last "racist graffiti" that showed up a few years ago? That got memory holed pretty fast when the truth came out after an investigation...
maroon barchetta
Stupe said:

Quote:

It's not. And Mark Young trying make it seem like it was had a lot to do with him losing his job.

Michael Young?
AggieKatie2
AG
How are we supposed to know what was written and understand the news if they edit the picture.

No idea what could be said in such a short space.

It's news. Disagree with blurring pictures.
BluHorseShu
AG
PS3D said:

scd88 said:

Remember the last "racist graffiti" that showed up a few years ago? That got memory holed pretty fast when the truth came out after an investigation...
Keep that hope alive...
AggiePirate
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

Racial messages, accelerants, ATF involved... Huh. I'd speculate a disgruntled employee. I can't see any other reason someone would be that upset at a donut shop.
If we were talking about a movie plot I could see insurance reasons.
AggieKatie2
AG
So has this been memory-holed?
classicdoug
AG
Drove by it a little bit ago and was wondering what the latest news was on this too.
Another Doug
AG
Just searched to see if there is any news, there isn't , but odd that another KK was burned down last week.

https://www.wave3.com/2024/05/22/man-arrested-setting-fire-bardstown-road-krispy-kreme-doughnuts-given-100k-bond/?outputType=amp
cypress-ag
AG
Another Doug said:

Just searched to see if there is any news, there isn't , but odd that another KK was burned down last week.

https://www.wave3.com/2024/05/22/man-arrested-setting-fire-bardstown-road-krispy-kreme-doughnuts-given-100k-bond/?outputType=amp
Makes you wonder what the terms on the franchise agreement are with KK.....don't know if I'd go as far as burning down something to get out of an agreement but you never know.
Howdyagjk
Hopefully the staff is taken care of quickly as they all seemed very nice each time I was there.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.