Koppe Bridge

23,572 Views | 133 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by maddiedou
FarmerKeith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For MANY years, they've had the best burger in town. I suspect they may have recently changed their meat vendor b/c the last two times I've been there, the half pound burger has become a paltry shell of what it has very reliably been over the previous 20 years I've been going there. My kids noticed the same thing. The bun looks/feels/tastes cheaper too.

Somebody needs to tell them to undo whatever they've done if they don't want to start losing loyal clientele.
Bunk Moreland
Maybe many years ago...I wouldn't have put them in my top 5 for a long time now.

They still make a good burger though. Too bad the quality is dropping.
AgTrip
Margie's has the best burger in town.
halibut sinclair
AgTrip said:

This is the way.
doubledog
AgTrip said:

I like Washbanger's Banger Burger in CoCS.
AgTrip
doubledog said:

AgTrip said:

I like Washbanger's Banger Burger in CoCS.

I've had it...its good, but it's not Margie's.
Average Joe
AG
AgTrip said:

I won't argue because I haven't had Margie's, but Top of the Hill is the best burger I've ever had. It's worth every second of the drive out there.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
The Banger burger is dang good.

I love the wings at Koppe Bridge. They are breaded and so dang good.
Bucketrunner
I'm not a fan of the squishy buns.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
1. Top of the Hill

2. Margie's
3. Harvey Washbangers
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
1: Washbangers
2: Chimys (people think drinks here, but the burger is phenomenal w waffle fries cooked perfectly every time)
Vinewood_03
[This is not the General Board. -Staff]
war hymn aggie
AG
I am a huge fan of burgers.
Best food around,IMO. So many unique ways to make them great.
I have experimented with them myself over the years and the family all have their favorites
In many ways, the prep of the burger pattie is the key.
The bun is a key complementary item, as well.

Wife & I have enjoyed Koppe Bridge for many years for a basic burger.
It's been #1 for many years and we have tried most of the best local places mentioned on this board over the years.

Really need to hit up Margie's since so many of ya'll mentioned this place.

BTW, what makes Margie's burgers so good?
tu ag
AG
Used to LOVE Koppe Bridge.
It was a terrible burger the last 2 or 3 times. We haven't been in a while.
Whoever they are getting buns and meat from is crap.

Sad too. They used to be a gem.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
war hymn aggie said:

I am a huge fan of burgers.
Best food around,IMO. So many unique ways to make them great.
I have experimented with them myself over the years and the family all have their favorites
In many ways, the prep of the burger pattie is the key.
The bun is a key complementary item, as well.

Wife & I have enjoyed Koppe Bridge for many years for a basic burger.
It's been #1 for many years and we have tried most of the best local places mentioned on this board over the years.

Really need to hit up Margie's since so many of ya'll mentioned this place.

If you like making them at home order burger pucks from Creekstone Farms. Add whatever seasoning you like (I do a simple steak seasoning, diced onions, and worscesteshire) and grill those with whatever buns you like and you get the most amazing burger.
milner79
Average Joe said:

AgTrip said:

I won't argue because I haven't had Margie's, but Top of the Hill is the best burger I've ever had. It's worth every second of the drive out there.
The drive out to Top of the Hill is emblematic of the quest. The burger is the trophy.
bcstx06
Koppe Bridge is one of my favorite but the last time I had it which was last month sometime it didn't taste like the meat was seasoned like it usually is. They use Readfield Meats. As the OP said, I hope they go back to their original recipe/seasoning.
ChampsAg
Koppe Bridge has been the most overrated burger in this town for fifteen years. I have literally had friends not talk to me for saying it.

Top of the Hill is the best burger in the Brazos Valley in my humble opionion.

The Edge Country Store makes a hell of a burger and I've heard that Joe's is pretty good too but I have yet to try it.

I went to Margie's too long ago to remember how they are.

Carter burger and Texas burger in Wellborn are decent.

Washbangers is the C&J of burgers to me. good in a pinch but not my favorite. Them not having American cheese is a negative for me.
maroon barchetta
Them not having American cheese is doing you a favor. You can opt for actual delicious cheese instead.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Their Texas toothpicks definitely suck now
AgTrip
war hymn aggie said:

I've had all these burgers mentioned here. Made the drive to the top of the hill, it's a great burger but when I saw a post about Margie's being an old burger joint in downtown Bryan, I was like no way have I missed this place. We went that weekend. The grill is the original grill they used when they first opened the place almost 100 years ago or something crazy like that. The juiciness of these burgers is incredible. It's simple and doesn't have a ton of crazy toppings. They have a caramelized bun toasted on the grill that gives it just the right amount of crunch and a juicy patty. Once you've had one, you'll know what I'm talking about. I've had their standard cheeseburger but my favorite is the one with the fried egg on it...that takes it to another level!
texasaggie2015
AG
Anyone who thinks Koppe is the best burger in town hasn't ventured out

Top of the Hill
Margie's
Edge General Store

All three places blow Koppe out of the water
gettingitdone
AMEN!! Just wish they had better hours
halibut sinclair
texasaggie2015 said:

Anyone who thinks Koppe is the best burger in town hasn't ventured out

Top of the Hill
Margie's
Edge General Store

All three places blow Koppe out of the water
Add Joe's and Yankee's to this list.
halibut sinclair
AgTrip said:

war hymn aggie said:

I've had all these burgers mentioned here. Made the drive to the top of the hill, it's a great burger but when I saw a post about Margie's being an old burger joint in downtown Bryan, I was like no way have I missed this place. We went that weekend. The grill is the original grill they used when they first opened the place almost 100 years ago or something crazy like that. The juiciness of these burgers is incredible. It's simple and doesn't have a ton of crazy toppings. They have a caramelized bun toasted on the grill that gives it just the right amount of crunch and a juicy patty. Once you've had one, you'll know what I'm talking about. I've had their standard cheeseburger but my favorite is the one with the fried egg on it...that takes it to another level!
Great post. I'll add that in addition to their regular bigger burgers, they also have the orginal Opersteny Burgers from when Margie's was known as Opersteny's way back when. They are little slider type burgers with only pickes and onions (add AMERICAN cheese if you like). A sack of those is heaven.
AggieBarstool
ChampsAg said:

Koppe Bridge has been the most overrated burger in this town for fifteen years. I have literally had friends not talk to me for saying it.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I spent ~20 years in BCS and always thought Koppe Bridge was just one or two rungs above Whataburger in the quality and flavor dept. I would MUCH rather go just about.... anywhere (including Whataburger).
Buford T. Justice
AG
Dairy Queen on Texas is quite surprisingly good.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
EliteElectric
Joe's out on highway 21 hands down.
texasaggie2015
AG
I blanked on Joe's and admittedly never made it out to Yankee's.
birdman
I think Koppe makes a very good burger but it is not exceptional. Their fries are world class though.
Average Joe
AG
AggieBarstool said:

ChampsAg said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I spent ~20 years in BCS and always thought Koppe Bridge was just one or two rungs above Whataburger in the quality and flavor dept. I would MUCH rather go just about.... anywhere (including Whataburger).

And that can be true at the same time other people can say it's their favorite burger, ever.

I still really enjoy Koppe Bridge. Not the best, but far better than most. It definitely wasn't the same quality last time, though.
halibut sinclair
birdman said:

I think Koppe makes a very good burger but it is not exceptional. Their fries are world class though.
Their fries are not good. Always soggy.
KC_Ag14
AG
ChampsAg said:

Top of the Hill is the best burger in the Brazos Valley in my humble opionion.

The Edge Country Store makes a hell of a burger and I've heard that Joe's is pretty good too but I have yet to try it.

I went to Margie's too long ago to remember how they are.

Carter burger and Texas burger in Wellborn are decent.

Washbangers is the C&J of burgers to me. good in a pinch but not my favorite. Them not having American cheese is a negative for me.

Ironically enough, C&J's BURGERS are still one of the best kept secrets in town. Thank me later.
ChampsAg
My wife agrees with you
java94
AG
In my opinion, Shipwreck Grill has one of the best burgers in town. I have always liked Koppe Bridge, but last time I had their burger it was very bland. Shipwreck is much better!
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.