Tomatoes

6,916 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by pacecar02
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
michellecan said:

Yummy

Yes. These are Yummy

Tailgate88
AG
maddiedou said:

michellecan said:

Yummy

Yes. These are Yummy

I can attest to this! Got a preview last Saturday and they are very delicious. Looking forward to getting some more this weekend!!
oklaunion
There's no telling what you will get from the HEB stock.

Last week HEB has the big romas (not quite as big as SuperSauce) for about 87 cents a pound. We had harvested around 15 lbs of Better Boys and Early girls to juice but needed more for a full batch. They yielded nicely.
maddiedou
AG

toolshed
AG
Nice painted bunting! I remember the first one I ever saw was a dead one that looked to have slammed into a window in Traditions. I'd never heard of them and it looked unreal to me all the colors on it.

Hoping this storm doesn't take out my tomato crop, lots of green tomatoes waiting to turn for me.
maddiedou
AG
I need to sell these in the morning if possible
Tailgate88
AG
We made a huge caprese salad from the batch I got this morning and everyone raves about how delish the tomatoes were.
maroon barchetta
I'm in. Sorry I couldn't meet you this morning.
maddiedou
AG
My tomotoes maybe done also because of all the rain

I will post again saturday if we have any that have made it thru all this rain

I have alot of green tomotoes so hopefully they can dry out and get rid of some of the water before turning red

Terrible year for me so far.
BiochemAg97
AG
maddiedou said:

Same vines as the bottom end rot came off of but honestly I see the calcium problem thrown around alot but would you not have to do something to the plants to get good tomotoes if it was a calcium problem

These are tomotoes I picked two days ago and I have done nothing

Edit. This is not a combative response

I was growing cherry tomatoes over the winter in my green house using hydroponics. Would get a random tomato with blossom end rot in a cluster of tomatoes that were all good. I don't see how calcium deficiency explains that either.

I could see too much rain causing issues with nutrient uptake (dilution), but I think there is something else involved and calcium deficiency just makes the plant more susceptible.
woodiewood1
maddiedou said:

My tomotoes maybe done also because of all the rain

I will post again saturday if we have any that have made it thru all this rain

I have alot of green tomotoes so hopefully they can dry out and get rid of some of the water before turning red

Terrible year for me so far.
Yep, between the rain issues and now birds, it's been tough on the full sized tomatoes. My large cherries don't seem to be affected much and getting dozens a day and they are still producing blooms. Some plants tied to stakes are 10 feet tall.
woodiewood1
The heat is tearing up my tomato plants. Just hanging on even though I water enough.
maddiedou
AG
I have given up. I never thought I would feel this way but after so much rain and heat and then stink bugs and I just dont have real pretty tomotoes I am done this year
philothea
maddiedou said:

I have given up. I never thought I would feel this way but after so much rain and heat and then stink bugs and I just dont have real pretty tomotoes I am done this year
I gave up a couple weeks ago. The leaf footed bugs have been horrible this year.
UmustBKidding
my wife brought some back from her parents garden and the usual consumers are not currently responding. If you need some my contact is in my profile.
woodiewood1
My full size plants are gone but I am still getting 10 to 20 of the large cherry tomatoes a day. They do much better with the heat and also no bug issues.
UmustBKidding
These are full size even a few beef eaters size of small grapefruit. Seems no interest so far. Not perfect specimens but plenty tasty
skelso
AG
Hadn't seen this thread until now. If anyone needs garden tomatoes, I think my plants have a few weeks left before they are done. I've given away the last 4 or 5 harvests. Took 72# to my office Thursday...

Probably have 30 - 40# to pick in the morning. I'm meeting someone with some tomorrow but doubt they will take more than a few pounds.

Have the following varieties:

Celebrity
Red Snapper
Orange Heirloom
Sweet 100 grape tomatoes

I also have San Marzano and Roma plants but they are pretty much done. Might get a few more pounds from them.
trouble
AG
They all made great sauce!
skelso
AG
trouble said:

They all made great sauce!

Glad y'all liked them. Let me know if you want more. I've made all the canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, sun dried tomatoes, etc that I want. I've given so many away that the neighbors don't want anymore. Have some folks getting some today, then I'm calling the foodbank tomorrow.

I think you saw this pic from week before last...

https://kelsoarmscom-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/shawn_kelsoarms_com/EW7uD_XvYs5HjB2cB1pVuZIBABNlfZgjgpABlAMR_Wf7rA?e=nza4Yf

This was what I picked Wednesday night...

https://kelsoarmscom-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/shawn_kelsoarms_com/EXHObLPqFLxLhIvUbuXVHVIBUKs_rdZ4MBRaVrzhRhcfNw?e=bIUmAL

This is what I picked this morning, after having picked 20 or so pounds for my brother yesterday....

https://kelsoarmscom-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/shawn_kelsoarms_com/ER6F2KkWasJEpVjvH9Eqj3YB_UnPcWfHlAhkQPIvF-sFgg?e=Tl6ojk

I think I might cut back a plant of 10 next year...
trouble
AG
I'll take as many as you want to bring me!
pacecar02
Can i get in on the tomatoes?
skelso
AG
Sure. Shoot me a text. I'm about to run some errands and can meet somewhere.

nine seven 9 2 five 5 989five
pacecar02
Thanks again for the tomatoes, my daughter and I loved em!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.