Comedian Bill Burr to do show at Reed Arena

8,736 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by SJEAg
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
April 14

Tickets go on sale tomorrow. It will be his only show in Texas this tour. Seems like a big deal for Reed and CS to land him!
FamousAgg
Cheapest seats I can find are $150 each on vivid seats
Captn_Ag05
AG
His Facebook said tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am

Billburr.com/tour

Code: Burr

Buford T. Justice
AG
I am a fan of his comedy, but do not see how he can fill Reed. This must be a curtained event where you're trying to fill half of the arena. Rudder theater would be a better venue.
ZoneClubber
AG
Good to see. Reed Arena seems underutilized as a concert venue. For having a 10000+ seat arena, BCS gets no real live music/concert scene.
maroon barchetta
Zone416 said:

Good to see. Reed Arena seems underutilized as a concert venue. For having a 10000+ seat arena, BCS gets no real live music/concert scene.

It's ridiculous. There should be multiple concerts per year.

Not just wrasslin' once every two years.
kraut
AG
From the 12th man ticket office:

Quote:

Public Ticket Sales start at 10 a.m. on March 10, 2023. For access to presales, enter your promotion code here. Ticket prices range from $40.50-$155.50 (plus fees). There is a limit of 6 tickets per order. Everyone regardless of age must have a ticket. No resale of tickets permitted. Ticket delivery will occur the week of the event.
maroon barchetta
Just snagged two!
turfman80
AG
kraut said:

From the 12th man ticket office:

Quote:

Public Ticket Sales start at 10 a.m. on March 10, 2023. For access to presales, enter your promotion code here. Ticket prices range from $40.50-$155.50 (plus fees). There is a limit of 6 tickets per order. Everyone regardless of age must have a ticket. No resale of tickets permitted. Ticket delivery will occur the week of the event.

Add the code OPENER and it lets you in today
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
maroon barchetta
I used BURR

AggieBaseball06
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Zone416 said:

It's ridiculous. There should be multiple concerts per year.

Not just wrasslin' once every two years.
I was talking about this with one of my coworkers a few weeks ago. He was involved in the music/concert business for the first 15 or so years of his career and he had some interesting insights.

His theory is that, due to our proximity to both Austin and Houston, we are at a disadvantage as most major concert promoters have clauses in their contracts saying that an artist isn't allowed to play within in a certain radius of the venue within a certain amount of time around a concert (for example, within 100 miles for 4 weeks before or after). An artist that can sell out a 13,000 person arena is probably going to find something nicer than Reed in Austin or Houston (CWM Pavilion or the Moody Center) while an artist who can't sell that many tickets might try for a bigger city to try to draw from a larger pool of local concert goers.

ZoneClubber
AG
I get that. I book/review contracts for a local festival and the radius clause can be a problem on a few acts. But there are so many bands/ performers out there to choose from and it's easy to reduce the radius clause. The band doesn't care how nice the arena is and Reed is nice enough.

Example is Lubbock. Journey, Turnpike Troubadours, Luke Bryan, Kiss, Jelly Roll, etc in their arena which is similar to Reed.
Captn_Ag05
AG
There is a Casting Crowns concert at Reed on March 25. It seems like they are trying to book more events lately.
Gigem314
AG
Zone416 said:

I would imagine being so close to major metro areas in Houston and Austin make it difficult to consistently get large acts.

Lubbock is different from B/CS. They aren't as close to major venues, so they have a better chance of securing bigger events that people in that region of the state will come to. Whereas many people in the B/CS and Waco area are close enough to Houston or Austin.
Bunk Moreland
Saw him in Austin just this past December. Fantastic show. I assume it'll be similar or the same to that one with a little CS/A&M ribbing up front.
merc
AG
I'm going. He is definitely one of my favorites. How does parking at Reed work for these types of things? Just cash when you drive in?
trouble
AG
I assume it's $5 cash like it is for baseball
Koko Chingo
AG
merc said:

How does parking at Reed work for these types of things?

Does anyone know if your regular A&M parking pass works for events? Lot 100 is an any valid permit lot; however, I never park there.

maroon barchetta
If I have a ticket for my son and one for me, can I just have them scan both on my phone and we go in together or must I transfer it to him?
trouble
AG
They can scan them both on your phone
maroon barchetta
mason12
AG
Koko Chingo said:

merc said:

Does anyone know if your regular A&M parking pass works for events? Lot 100 is an any valid permit lot; however, I never park there.

You need to print your bar code from your TAMU transportation account for them to scan. For sporting events at Olsen/Reed we haven't had to pay.
Koko Chingo
AG
Thank You!!!
Kbeauty63
AG
mason12 said:

Koko Chingo said:

merc said:

You need to print your bar code from your TAMU transportation account for them to scan. For sporting events at Olsen/Reed we haven't had to pay.

Or screen shot the barcode & make it a 'favorite' picture on your phone so you don't have to hunt for it when parking for a event
TommyBrady
AG
Tix bought!
AgsMyDude
AG
Wish I could make it.

We just saw him in San Antonio a couple months ago

Freaking hilarious.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just got home from the show. I love Bill Burr and have pretty thick skin but he wasn't as good as I had hoped for. I fully expected a lot of Texas/South tropes but it seemed to be a bit overdone.

Not that I was offended by them, and the opener (don't know his name...who I actually found to be even funnier), but the performance fell a little flat for me.

I'd give it a C+ and I'd take a C+ for entertainment in this town every weekend if we could get more of that.

My biggest complaint is that the operators of Reed Arena do not know how to handle concessions. My God, the lines were 100 people deep and they didn't have the side stations open like they do at the basketball games.

I don't get how operations can be so terrible but it might explain why we can't have more nice things here.
farmersfight
AG
Seemed like he couldn't get the right flow for the jokes and was all over the place. Maybe that's the risk you take when in larger venues? Kept going back to prius and bud light.

Granted, all my knowledge from comedy shows comes from Seinfeld and several of the first yells 15-20 years ago.
unmade bed
Yeah I agree. Not Bills best stuff. Still funny though and cool to see him in College Station, but yes the whole experience from parking to concessions was just awful. The opener was pretty dang good.
unmade bed
Yeah, I think he had somewhat hard time vibing with the crowd. The bud light and Prius stuff wasn't part of his prepared routine (I don't think, as those both came out of audience interaction) and Bill does have a tendency to go off on tangents.
Another Doug
AG
Loved it, one of my favorite stand up shows I have been to.

I thought he did great between prepared bits and customizing it for CS and he did completely different material than Houston. As far as being all over the place, that is just how stand up comedy is, very rarely is a show smooth and polished like when you watch a special.

Reed arena was a mess. They sold row AA for the entire damn stadium, but there were no row AA seats set up. Luckily it wasn't a sell out or it would have been a disaster.
MTTANK
AG
Wish I knew who the opener was, he was funny as hell. Much better than headliner IMO. Bill burr is funny, but tonight fell short for us. Reed concession lines were unbelievable. Never seen anything like it in my life. Major miss.
GIG 'EM
maroon barchetta
Impossible that things couldn't be organized and smooth and efficient at Reed.

There were people walking all around the arena in powder blue shirts that said BEST.
merc
AG
I thought it was good and laughed quite a bit. The crowd seemed really tight and he was having a hard time finding a good vibe. I understand as we do tend to take ourselves a bit to seriously here(and in Texas in general).
Kbeauty63
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Impossible that things couldn't be organized and smooth and efficient at Reed.

There were people walking all around the arena in powder blue shirts that said BEST.

'Best' are SUPPOSEDLY Security - and are the WORST
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.