Brazos county Amazon shipping

14,251 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by El_duderino
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a theory that the HOUSTON distribution center prioritizes HOUSTON USPS customers, and screw those hillbillies living in CS…
Abbyag06
You are lucky! I spent hours on Amazon chat yesterday and nothing. Just pitiful excuses. I won't be renewing my membership at the end of February.
BCS-Ag
No luck for me. Stayed on chat for 2 hours (while doing other things) and they said they would "start a ticket" and get back to me because it appeared to be a hold at the distribution center, not the carrier (which has been taking 2 days). Used the callback feature a week later and talked to a supervisor to check on the ticket, just to be told there was no such thing as "starting a ticket". Argh! No credit either.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Amazon's customer service has always been a pain to communicate with. I've read online that some are having better luck calling the help line and asking for the refund over the phone, but it's sad that I'm not sure it's worth $15-$30 to call them about this especially knowing I'll probably need to escalate it at least once.
Tailgate88
AG
I just had what must be a contract worker in her personal vehicle deliver a couple USPS packages (not my regular mail carrier, who comes in the afternoon). One package was non-Amazon, the other contained items from four different orders. In fairness the packages included some items that were originally scheduled for delivery on Wednesday and Thursday but showed up "two days early" - but still not on Saturday (which is when I used to get items ordered on Thursday). So I guess they are at least making an effort to dig themselves out of the delivery-dalayed hole.
trouble
AG
I just ordered and got a delivery date of Wednesday
El_duderino
Still a week out showing 1/30 for me
trouble
AG
Are you in Bryan or College Station? Everything I looked at today was either Wednesday or Thursday this week.
El_duderino
Burleson county, and amazon ships only ups for us.
Rapier108
Ordered some things last night, wanted to use up some gift cards before Amazon Smile goes away.

One item showed delivery on 1-27, the rest on 1-30.

And yes, I'm in B/CS.

I recommend if you have Prime and aren't using it for other things; cancel it and tell them why. Don't give Amazon free money when they can't fulfill their side of the contract.
MiMi
S
I've ordered a couple of things recently (to CS address). All showing 6-7 day delivery estimates.
trouble
AG
I was asking because CS seems to lag more than Bryan. Even through the worst of it around Christmas, 4 days was the longest it took anything to get to me.
El_duderino
Yeah I've always had either next day or 2 day shipping, but 2 months ago it kept getting worse and worse to where we are now.
lawless89
On day 12 now of waiting for our nespresso pods. Ugh. Even says 2 day prime on the order.
maroon barchetta
lawless89 said:

On day 12 now of waiting for our nespresso pods. Ugh. Even says 2 day prime on the order.

You seem cranky without caffeine.
Spiderpig
I ordered a flash drive last Tuesday (1/17), and it indicated a Tuesday (1/24) delivery. It finally shipped this afternoon with UPS, coming from San Marcos, and still claims a 1/24 delivery. But in this case it's not the postal service throttling them. Amazon just sat on it for 6 days!?
maroon barchetta
Spiderpig said:

I ordered a flash drive last Tuesday (1/17), and it indicated a Tuesday (1/24) delivery. It finally shipped this afternoon with UPS, coming from San Marcos, and still claims a 1/24 delivery. But in this case it's not the postal service throttling them. Amazon just sat on it for 6 days!?

Because the postal service told them to sit on it?
Stucco
I ordered something extra large and it was here in two days via special Amazon drivers in a Ryder truck. Meanwhile a usb stick takes 6 days to even put in the mail.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Ordered Saturday night, it said Tuesday so I was pleasantly surprised that maybe it's back to close to 2 days at least.

Got the email this evening of "oops sorry, this one's going to be a little later than we thought"
davido
AG
I've noticed that they have no idea when stuff has or hasn't been delivered.
spike427
AG
So from now on, I'll just ship stuff to your house. If I try to order those today, they won't come to me until Monday!
tb9665
I ordered something yesterday to get delivered on Thursday. 2 days. I will see. It was small and will fit in the mailbox.
trouble
AG
USPS says it's out for delivery
trouble
AG
They are relying on information from the carrier so.....
dallasiteinsa02
Well done Amazon and USPS. This is all at the same facility.

Shipped with USPS
Wednesday, January 25

12:26 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.

8:30 AM

7:44 AM

Tuesday, January 24
6:23 AM
Package left the carrier facility.

5:28 AM

5:11 AM

Monday, January 23
7:52 PM

6:52 PM

6:37 PM

Sunday, January 22

Carrier picked up the package.
FamousAgg
Y'all send me what you want to order, I'll add 15% on top and you can pick it up from my house in 2 days
trouble
AG
My pie tins arrived yesterday as promised
Tailgate88
AG
I had four orders that I placed last Friday - Sunday. Amazon showed them scheduled for Friday and Saturday delivery. Mysteriously yesterday (Wednesday) I get a text "your order will be delivered tomorrow (Thursday)". Turns out they combined all four orders into one box and it's coming UPS? All are smaller items that normally would normally come UPS. Shipping from the warehouse in Richmond, Texas.

I am convinced that at some point, the computer realizes the delivery is going to be over a certain number of days if they leave it set for USPS and wait on the BCS post office to green light them to release it, and just flip it to UPS and send it.

maroon barchetta
trouble said:

My pie tins arrived yesterday as promised

Bake pies and post pics of said pies.
Tailgate88
AG
Way to go USPS, this should help things!

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/01/24/proposed-usps-sorting-delivery-plan-could-impact-mail-delivery-across-region/
trouble
AG
Currently up to my eyeballs in King Cake orders but here's the kind of thing that will be going in them.
maroon barchetta
woodometer
AG
I placed an order on Tuesday and it came today (Thur) on schedule. A guy in a white pick up supposedly from USPS dropped it outside my front door.
trouble
AG
I had a black SUV yesterday
El_duderino
Looks like a waste of $140 a year now with this answer. From my perspective, it's the Amazon fulfillment time that's way behind what it used to be. It's still next day or 2 day shipping once it actually ships.
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/01/27/amazon-responds-brazos-county-prime-delivery-issues/
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.