Brazos county Amazon shipping

14,193 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by El_duderino
Chrundle the Great
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My least favorite kind of response from a company to its customers:

Quote:

Amazon also provided background information on its two-day shipping saying it refers only to the shipping time and does not take into account fulfillment time.

You used to pay for 2 shipping, but now you pay for 5-7 and you just didn't know it's always been this way. No accepting responsibility just "informing" us that we never actually had 2 day shipping to begin with and have just been getting lucky for years I guess.
tb9665
Ordered something on Tuesday and received it i the mail on Thursday. Granted it was a small package.
Tailgate88
AG
Last Saturday, I ordered some ethernet wire and patch cables to help my cousin pre-wire his house. Estimated delivery was Wednesday.

Wednesday I check status, "Estimated delivery February 1st. (Wednesday). Status: Preparing for Shipping. And it had a UPS tracking number? Tracked it and UPS said "A label has been created but UPS has not received the item yet." WTF?

We were supposed to prewire tomorrow so I checked Thursday, no change, checked this morning, no change.

Chatted with Amazon and let them know I was very unhappy. Immediately escalated to a supervisor. "Sir this item is stuck in our warehouse, I will file a ticket for you."

I said - "No offense, I am not upset with you personally, but I don't believe it is stuck in the warehouse. I can place the same order right now to a Houston address and says it will be delivered tomorrow morning between 7-11am. You are not being given the information by Amazon - this is a problem shipping to our area and I am not the only one who has this issue."

He went through a bunch of other excuses then offered me a $10 gift card. Ok, I'll take it. Now what is the phone number for a supervisor? He asked for my phone number and my phone rang immediately and - it was a supervisor. (So actually, that is pretty impressive, I admit.)

Supervisor proceeds to give me a bunch of excuses.... the items hadn't arrived at their warehouse...If I have an important item I should order it on it's own order... and I finally said "Look - let's go through my past ten orders one by one." And we did, and I showed him that every one of them took four, five, six, seven days to arrive. Even orders with a single item. I said "I can start a new order for this item right now - and it will say it will arrive here on Tuesday or Wednesday, but if I change to a Dallas or Houston address, it will offer to delivery the SAME DAY or the next day. Yes - I get they have Amazon vans there but the point is - last fall two day shipping meant - it would arrive in two days. In fact usually, I ordered today, it shipped tomorrow and arrived the day after. Even on Sundays.

Long story short - I said you need to escalate this because there are a LOT of people in this area who are not going to renew Prime if something doesn't change. He was very apologetic and gave me $50 gift card - so I did net $60 in gift cards for my time.

Maybe if enough of us call and complain and they have to issue enough $50 gift cards they'll finally do something to fix the problem. You would think they could rent a warehouse up here, get a couple dozen Prime vans and run and 18 wheeler or two up from the Humble distribution center every day.

Edit: So, I met my mail carrier at the mailbox today and asked him "What is going on with Amazon packages lately?" He responded that they (the carriers) are wondering the same thing. He said in December he was scanning 250 Amazon packages a day, and then a week before Christmas, they just died off. He said he's lucky to do 100 a day now. This does not seem to jibe with the theory that the local PO is telling Amazon to throttle their shipments.

I honestly have no idea what the heck is going on at this point.

Anybody want to start a new business? https://logistics.amazon.com/
BCS-Ag
That's interesting on multiple levels, Tailgate. Thanks for making the effort and for posting. I didn't have much luck and I've emailed & called multiple times. I hope media picks this back up and does some digging.
maroon barchetta
BCS-Ag said:

That's interesting on multiple levels, Tailgate. Thanks for making the effort and for posting. I didn't have much luck and I've emailed & called multiple times. I hope media picks this back up and does some digging.

KBTX will be on it in 3-5 days.
threecatcorner
Ordered something supposedly Prime today, and it told me Thursday delivery.
toolshed
AG
I ordered a delta faucet Friday before lunch and received it today.
EMY92
AG
Somehow, I don't think my package is going to arrive last Friday.

trouble
AG
The boots I ordered Thursday showed up on Friday and Saturday as promised.
FamousAgg
trouble said:

The boots I ordered Thursday showed up on Friday and Saturday as promised.

One on each day?
trouble
AG
No, silly, 1 pair each day. I was trying to decide which ones would go best with my dress
gigem92
AG
I ordered something late Saturday (2/11) and it said it would be here on Tuesday (2/14). Checked the tracking this morning and it has me thoroughly confused.

Not sure how Lakeland Florida comes into play on a package that started in Humble and is destined for College Station.

Sunday, February 12

7:21 PM
Package left the carrier facility.
Humble, TX US

Monday, February 13

Carrier picked up the package.

3:27 AM

Package arrived at an Amazon facility.
Lakeland, Florida US

7:06 AM

Package left the carrier facility.
Humble, TX US

8:58 AM

Package arrived at an Amazon facility.
Humble, TX US

9:39 AM

Package left an Amazon facility.
Humble, TX US

9:49 AM

Package left an Amazon facility.
Lakeland, Florida US
trouble
AG
That's just strange.

Whereas, being sent to Bryan, I ordered something late Saturday and it's out for delivery today.
dallasiteinsa02
I have been getting a rash of out for delivery that never happens. We get the mail that day. Then three or four days later, the package shows up. This is a replacement for the mailbox blocked scam that they ran for years because they just didn't get to the house.
Tailgate88
AG
In the interest of fairness...

Ordered a couple small items last Friday, they arrived Sunday. Ordered another item on Sunday, it arrived yesterday (Wednesday). Just ordered a RAM upgrade, it says it will be here Saturday.

So, for now... things seem to be back to normal.
MiMi
S
Quote:

So, for now... things seem to be back to normal.
Appears to be a bit better. I placed two orders, a couple hours apart, on Tuesday. Both showed expected delivery today. Both were shipped yesterday, 1 with UPS and 1 with USPS. The UPS order is out for delivery this morning. The USPS order started at the Humble TX facility yesterday morning, was sent to Moreno Valley California, spent the day there, and returned to Humble TX late last night. It's still showing delivery today on the Amazon website, but my USPS Informed Delivery email did not show it as arriving today.
Chase
AG
There's no doubt it has improved a great deal but anything that hits USPS seems to cause problems.
spike427
AG
My delivery dates resolved almost overnight last week - went from 5-7 days estimated to 2-3 days.
Charpie
AG
As someone who just moved here from Austin, I recognize how spoiled and how easy I had it. Where I lived, many prime items I could get on the same day. Now going into my 3rd week of living here, I find myself going out to the store more because it takes 3 or 4 days for something to get here from Amazon. In speaking with coworkers who were visiting Texas from the Cleveland area in Ohio, they have the same issues that we have here. One gentleman said he wondered why he would even bother with his prime membership anymore. He finds himself using it less and less.
maroon barchetta
I wonder how much of it is the shipping companies and their agreements.

Last Saturday I ordered a new Ridge wallet. I went thru the Ridge site, not Amazon. Used standard free delivery, estimated 2-5 days. No big deal. I wasn't in a rush for a wallet.

Tracking number for UPS eventually got me info that said I would get by Friday. Maybe earlier.

Friday rolls around. I'm at home and see the UPS truck zoom down our street. They always go to the other end of the neighborhood first and hit us on the way back.

The big brown truck zooms right by me.

A few hours later, USPS van shows up and delivers our mail and he stuffs the package with my wallet into the mailbox.

What the heck? Why is UPS handing that off to USPS? Is that causing some of the issues for Amazon orders?
UmustBKidding
Because the shipper specified it. Typically happens when you do their free no guarantee shipping.
FedEx calls it SmartPost and UPS calls it SurePost. The shipping company takes it to your local USPS hub for them to finish the delivery. So the shipper gets a better rate, does not have to pay the residential surcharge, can deliver on Saturday & to a PO Box and they still get the quantity discount from FedEx or UPS and you track through their website. But its not going to be as fast as native express carrier.

El_duderino
Seems to be random for me. Sometimes it's 4-6 days, sometimes it's next day or 2 days.
techno-ag
AG
El_duderino said:

Seems to be random for me. Sometimes it's 4-6 days, sometimes it's next day or 2 days.
Probably depends on what warehouse the item ships from. If it's coming from the Houston or Dallas one, it'll get here soon. If coming from Kentucky or California, then not as soon.
El_duderino
It's been from Waco lately on my last few items. Goes from Waco>San Antonio>Bryan. That's efficiency right there

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.