Frontier bait & switch - has anyone received their $200 referral bonus?

5,172 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by toolshed
BCS-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So almost 4 months ago my neighbors and I (near Rock Prairie) were told by the door-to-door sales rep (James) that if we referred someone, we would EACH get an additional $200 visa gift card after 90 days of service. This is in addition to the $200 sign up bonus. Was anyone else told this?

We are now being told that we had to enter these referrals through a website (https://www.frontiercustomerreferral.com/) not just turn them in via our sales person. This is not possible after the service has started and our sales rep never told us about the website.

In my case, a neighbor referred me, and I referred another person. The same sales rep told us to text him the referral contact and that he would turn it in and we'd EACH get the referral bonus after 90 days as a visa gift card. I have this in writing (via text) but now the guy isn't responding and customer service is saying TOO BAD/TOO LATE.
doubledog
That is correct, you need to apply for your $200 visa card from Frontier. It is not automatic.
toolshed
AG
Sounds like James is making bank on $200 gift cards!!
BCS-Ag
doubledog said:

That is correct, you need to apply for your $200 visa card from Frontier. It is not automatic.

Sales rep said he'd handle though and to send referrals to him... Wondering if he claimed the referrals...
Justin2010
AG
File a complaint with the BBB. They'll fix it.
maroon barchetta
BCS-Ag said:

doubledog said:

Sales rep said he'd handle though and to send referrals to him... Wondering if he claimed the referrals...

Well, he did refer everyone he signed up for the service.
BCS-Ag
maroon barchetta said:

BCS-Ag said:

doubledog said:

Well, he did refer everyone he signed up for the service.
bobinator
AG
Solid scheme by James.

I did actually get one my referral gift cards already. I was kind of skeptical that was ever going to work but it did. But yeah, I got an email and a thing in my mailbox that said to use the referral website.
lockett93
AG
I was asked to claim by gift card for being referred after about 3 months of service. Then I got my gift card about 3 weeks after that
BCS-Ag
lockett93 said:

I was asked to claim by gift card for being referred after about 3 months of service. Then I got my gift card about 3 weeks after that

Was this for a referral bonus or just the initial sign up?
bobinator
AG
Yeah the one you have to claim and then gets mailed is your sign up one.

The referral one you also have to claim online, but it's basically instant. I was able to add mine to my Amazon account basically right away.
Tom Cardy
AG
Got mine after signing up and waiting the 3 months.
Average Joe
AG
I got mine for the two people I referred. It was a $200 Amazon GC code for both.
TheOC16
AG
I've gotten four.

Thanks TexAgers.
BCS-Ag
Ok, so it looks like the sales person either didn't know about the website (at best) or (at worst) turned then in himself. Either way, frontier owes us the referral bonus. Can't get them or the frontier escalation team to call us back though to tell us what is going on...
Hornbeck
This is my shocked face.
BCS-Ag
The plot thickens. James never had a solicitor's permit. Frontier just asked my neighbor to file a police report.
bobinator
AG
See, I was wondering if this was the case. There was a guy going around door to door in our neighborhood asking people what internet they had but I could tell he didn't work for Frontier.
BCS-Ag
I never met this guy in person, but my neighbor did and said he looked legit (Frontier shirt & business card)
toolshed
AG
BCS-Ag said:

The plot thickens. James never had a solicitor's permit. Frontier just asked my neighbor to file a police report.

On NO!! He didn't have a permit?? He's for sure going to jail, don't collect $200…. Oh wait…
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.