Cinemark and 30.05 sign

12,502 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FlyRod
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So far you have referred to yourself as a "guardian angel" and "sheep dog", referenced your training several times, talked about taking out someone with an AR force on force….yep, I would definitely feel safer with you NOT in my business.
Esteban du Plantier
Love Gun
cslifer said:

So far you have referred to yourself as a "guardian angel" and "sheep dog", referenced your training several times, talked about taking out someone with an AR force on force….yep, I would definitely feel safer with you NOT in my business.

Coincidentally, I (and many, many others) wouldn't want to be in your business either. Maybe pack up and try California.
**** Joe Biden
cslifer
Do people there respect property owners' rights?
BCStalk
The derail happened by you and you alone. I would have to agree with you on property owners rights issues, but you had to turn it into a race bating discussion. That right there is why a conversation can't be had between the two sides of the topic.
happyinBCS
your username seems to be your whole life I can't speak for other people but a balance in all areas is usually the best approach, it sounds like you have a position, and several others don't agree with it. Let's agree to disagree
TyHolden
AG
Most licensed carriers I know are Hispanic and I wish they could hang out with me and my family all the time. One of them might be considered a redneck. He'd just laugh at you for calling him that though and probably even buy you a beer for it.
cslifer
Nope, I used an example of a right being violated where the victim doesn't always know it has happened. It is an example that people understand, thus a good example to use. You seem determined to make it racial which is obviously where the derail occurs. Part of debate is being able to hear examples and terms, even if we don't like them. When one starts shouting down the other side simply because they don't like the example or term used it is obvious they are no longer interested in civil debate.
BCStalk
happyinBCS said:

your username seems to be your whole life I can't speak for other people but a balance in all areas is usually the best approach, it sounds like you have a position, and several others don't agree with it. Let's agree to disagree

This is the correct way to discuss opposing views. I don't agree with probably more than half the population, but that is their right to life. My opinion will not change someone, and I don't expect it to. If someone wants to carry on a persons private property with no guns signs posted, that is their decision. They will have to deal with the consequences if any. I will continue to carry and not do business in places I can't.
BCStalk
You are arguing with yourself. Not even going to bother reading your post as it is probably just another troll attempt.
cslifer
Like I said, it is obvious you aren't interested in a civil debate.
histag10
AG
cslifer said:

First of all my post was about the rights of the owner to govern his business/property as he wishes, I said nothing about your gun jumping off your hip or whatever nonsense you said.
Second, you are referring to yourself as a "guardian angel" and expounding about how you can "take on someone force on force". You are going more than a bit overboard with this concealed carry stuff. You sound like exactly the kind of person I would not want in my business with a gun.

Can you post what business that is? As a someone who has an LTC and carries, I like to know what businesses to not be a customer of, and then give my business to their direct competition.
happyinBCS
so, the circle continues, it simply amazes me
taxpreparer
AG
I have never understood the rational of posting a sign that simultaneously attempts to disarm good guys and announce their vulnerability to bad guys.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
happyinBCS
so, you don't like to visit kids or grandkids at school
The Anchor
AG
Thats about the worst job of reading comprehension I've seen on this thread.

How in the world did you come to that conclusion based on what they said? Or are you intentionally moving goal posts?
TyHolden
AG
Townie wars….
DannyDuberstein
AG
happyinBCS said:

Did they teach reading skills at your school?
cslifer
How did anyone survive prior to 1995? It is amazing that we all survived prior to that without concealed carry!
techno-ag
AG
cslifer said:

How did anyone survive prior to 1995? It is amazing that we all survived prior to that without concealed carry!
People were carrying then, too.
cslifer
Honest question…can anyone find a news report or any documented instance of a concealed carry holder in Brazos County stopping an active shooter or any other violent crime?
techno-ag
AG
cslifer said:

Honest question…can anyone find a news report or any documented instance of a concealed carry holder in Brazos County stopping an active shooter or any other violent crime?
Don't know about Brazos County but the NRA keeps track of guns used in self defense by state.

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
cslifer
Thanks, but was specifically asking about Brazos county.
Definitely interesting reading though.
JP76
A civilian supposedly returned fire at the active shooter in the Aug 2012 incident that happened in southgate
cslifer
Thanks!
What I am looking for is one of the above self proclaimed "guardian angels" or "sheepdogs" saving the day.
histag10
AG
Weird question. I, personally, don't carry with the thought that I may br able to stop an active shooter situation. I carry to be able to protect myself and my children from the crazies who may want to do us harm (don't tell me this is a good community- I woke up with someone in my bedroom when I was in college. I now keep weapons within reach at all times). The amount of people who get insane road rage in this town is also insane. I was recently literally run off of highway 6 (they tried to ram my car), after they got angry I was passing someone in the left lane (I believe they were eventually pulled over- they were half out of their window at the university and 6 light flipping everyone off yelling at traffic(. After the recent storms, we had someone climb our fence, open our gate, and knock on the door wanting yo talk about rood replacement. I asked him to leave and tried to shut the door. He grabbed my door to keep it open. I keep a gun behind my door. He left quickly after that.

There are plenty of reasons a person chooses to carry a weapon. I hope like hell I never have to use mine, but I am not chancing the lives of children by not carrying one. I have seen what our society is capable of, and I have seen how long our local police reaction time is. I won't wait on someone to save us.

And with people having the mentality you do around me, I'm really glad I carry. I know I won't be able to count on you to save myself or my children if we were near you or in your business. (Still curious what that is, by the way)
cslifer
Ironically, if you actually read my posts I have never said I am against concealed carry. What I am against is people who cannot respect other people's property and businesses and people that make carry a part of their identity or come come across as looking for a fight.
histag10
AG
I have read your posts. You are being intentionally obtuse and provocative towards anyone who believes differently than you. You have even gone so far as to say you don't want people like that in your business, but you won't tell us what that is so we can all avoid it and respect your private property.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm not big on leaving weapons in the car to be stolen and ending up in the hands of the type of people that can't pass background checks
Broncos
They/them won't share because they're only comfortable behind a keyboard.
cslifer
So what is your place of business?
cslifer
Or maybe you could just respect everyone's' property and if they have a legal sign out don't bring a gun in? I know that is apparently a lot to ask.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He doesn't have a business. Or doesn't want to lose business
cslifer
Funny thing is nobody else here wants to post their business name.
Or have a debate about property rights, which is all I am trying to do.
taxpreparer
AG
happyinBCS said:

What an odd reply and pivot from private property to public property. It does just illustrate the problem, though. Posted "gun free" zones just assure a bad actor that there will be minimum resistance to his evil.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.