Aggieland BBQ Wars Thread

11,942 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by halibut sinclair
gettingitdone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of my absolute favorites is What's The Deal BBQ!!!
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Snook BBQ hasn't been mentioned, that I saw. I've had them a couple times, not the best of the list but certainly in or above the middle of the pack.

I like the venue, outside seating, etc. It looks like either the BBQ place or the drive through beer barn is setting up an outdoor music venue as well.
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
toolshed said:

Snook BBQ hasn't been mentioned, that I saw. I've had them a couple times, not the best of the list but certainly in or above the middle of the pack.

I like the venue, outside seating, etc. It looks like either the BBQ place or the drive through beer barn is setting up an outdoor music venue as well.

The have a couple of performances scheduled over the next few weekends. Might be a great place to go and have a couple of beers and enjoy the music.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gettingitdone said:

One of my absolute favorites is What's The Deal BBQ!!!


Great food and good people. Also sounds like we need to try 1976 soon.
phillytex24
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've had it all in the Brazos County and C&J's BBQ is the best- and it's not overpriced like some establishments.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I like C&J's.
It's not the best and it's not the cheapest.

How do you value if something is overpriced?

I will go to Cooper's because I think the the taste is worth the money.
I won't go to Rudy's unless a group is meeting there because I don't think that the taste is worth the money.
BwdAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any thought on the bbq at Lamar & Niki's? I have never been in on the days it is served. The other offerings have been great.
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of these compete with Snow's???
The Brazos Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had me some Cooper's this evening. Pound of pork ribs, a pint of pinto beans with 2 jalapeños and some peach cobbler.

Yes please and thank ya ma'am.
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

Any of these compete with Snow's???


No.
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TyHolden said:

Any of these compete with Snow's???


Truth
MyNameIsJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tgivaughn said:

Am fan of ribs, perhaps sausage, then the brisket & sides, soooooo
LIKES
Roadhouse RIBS
WingsNmore RIBS
Martins
Rudy's
Others not listed = either not impressed or not yet been there waiting for inspiring reviews to move me

Dying to go!
Coopers!

Roadhouse and Wing N More? No... Just no.
MyNameIsJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
phillytex24 said:

I've had it all in the Brazos County and C&J's BBQ is the best- and it's not overpriced like some establishments.

This has to be a troll.
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw you pulling out of the parking lot and thought I recognized the truck. The family and I were there. It looked like Aggie track was recruiting some kids and taking them to dinner.

My seven year old son went out to the lawn area and one of the freshman football/ track guys, Bryce Foster, wound up tossing the football with him. It was fun to see an Aggie athlete ask my son if he wanted to play catch, more so to see my sons face when we told him he was playing catch with an Aggie lineman on the way home.
jimmyb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
popcorn
It went a week - im surprised
drred4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had some 1775 last week
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Brazos Kid said:

Had me some Cooper's this evening. Pound of pork ribs, a pint of pinto beans with 2 jalapeños and some peach cobbler.

Yes please and thank ya ma'am.



there goes $100
The Brazos Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiepaintrain said:

The Brazos Kid said:

Had me some Cooper's this evening. Pound of pork ribs, a pint of pinto beans with 2 jalapeños and some peach cobbler.

Yes please and thank ya ma'am.



there goes $100
Nope. Roughly $30 with tip. Now if you're accounting for the old 77 Chevy truck I'm driving with the small block 400 that gets roughly 8 miles a gallon and takes the midgrade juice, you'd be getting closer...
aught2ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I get What's Tha Deal a few times per month, extremely good and price is good as well!
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

phillytex24 said:

I've had it all in the Brazos County and C&J's BBQ is the best- and it's not overpriced like some establishments.

This has to be a troll.
You'd think it was, but the fact that C&J's is about to open a fourth store gives one pause.

If nothing else, it certainly tells you about the average BBQ consumer in BCS (no wonder DIckie's thought they could make it here).
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dang, every weekend I commit to trying What's the Deal and every weekend I forget. Maybe I should pay for someone's meal to drag me there!
MyNameIsJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goose83 said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

phillytex24 said:

I've had it all in the Brazos County and C&J's BBQ is the best- and it's not overpriced like some establishments.

This has to be a troll.
You'd think it was, but the fact that C&J's is about to open a fourth store gives one pause.

If nothing else, it certainly tells you about the average BBQ consumer in BCS (no wonder DIckie's thought they could make it here).

The store under construction now is replacing their location on Texas Avenue. They will still have three locations. I enjoy C&J's and eat there once a week on average, but it's not in the same league as other barbecue joints being discussed in this thread.
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

Goose83 said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

phillytex24 said:

I've had it all in the Brazos County and C&J's BBQ is the best- and it's not overpriced like some establishments.

This has to be a troll.
You'd think it was, but the fact that C&J's is about to open a fourth store gives one pause.

If nothing else, it certainly tells you about the average BBQ consumer in BCS (no wonder DIckie's thought they could make it here).

The store under construction now is replacing their location on Texas Avenue. They will still have three locations. I enjoy C&J's and eat there once a week on average, but it's not in the same league as other barbecue joints being discussed in this thread.


It's replacing their big store in Bryan? That looks a lot bigger than what they are building...
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's a new BBQ joint going in on 29th street near Blinn in a former convivence store.
MyNameIsJeff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1775's Facebook post from earlier today brought up confusion between them and another local place. No names were given, but they're presumably referring to 1976.
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those wondering what the post is.
unmade bed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Surprised they are selling out of their BBQ with the other BBQ place with a somewhat similar name stealing all their business.
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To be fair, I tried to go to C&J the other day and ended up at JC BBQ in Junction City Kansas!
To make matters worse, a buddy wanted to go to Rudy's the other day but half the group ended up in austin at Ruby's!
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are they associated with 1776 BBQ sauce? It is fairly well known in other places…seems like they are trying to trade off of the name and reputation…
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
*eye roll* don't be dense, you know who they are referring to, and I don't get why you are so sold on the other guy never doing this, when it's known good and well he has responded to posts saying people meant him, and just had the road and numbers in the business name mixed up. He literally goes out of his way to try to steal 1776's business.
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So they aren't trying to trade on a country music star making a bbq sauce? How do you know? Seems suspicious to me
Edit; even you mixed them up with the BBQ sauce!
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cslifer said:

So they aren't trying to trade on a country music star making a bbq sauce? How do you know? Seems suspicious to me
Edit; even you mixed them up with the BBQ sauce!


Oh for ****s sake- my fingers hit the wrong button because I have fat fingers and type quickly.

You are being argumentative just to be argumentative at this point and you know it. You are just butt hurt that Bo Rector keeps getting caught doing this, when you think him larger than life.
cslifer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really with the name calling? I am saying exactly what you are.
Edit: larger than life? I don't know any of these people personally, they are all just a dude that takes my card and hands me a plate. Ironically, there have been many posts on here loving one of the owners of 1775 because he did some time in the marine corps (larger than life).
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You are right. I edited my comment, and I apologize. But it really is getting old with how much you seem to adore Rector, without believing it is even a possibility he is doing this (when he obviously is)
The Brazos Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good Lord, let me get some popcorn cooking and grab a front row seat...
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.