Aggieland
Sponsored By

Negative ads on Kyle Kacal..

11,180 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ragnar Danneskjoldd
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BluHorseShu said:

Brian Alg said:

Abbott announced his support for school choice. I hope this means polling is showing that Kacal's position on education is a loser. I can't vote for Bius, but I hope he wins based on this one issue.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/10/abbott-public-education-vouchers-school-choice/
School choice sounds great…But who do you think is going to fund any shortfall for the public school funding Abbott claims won't exist? This is going to hurt those rural public schools ….which are usually R voters
If a significant number of parents send their children to private schools and carry their tax money with them, would there be fewer students, fewer teachers, less need for additional schools and expansions, facilities, support staff, utilities, etc., etc.?

Except for a school district or two, I don't see a lot of the rural families in this area sending their children to private schools that are 15 to 30 miles or so away.

I personally like the idea that a family should be able to carry their school tax money with their children to whatever school they desire. It's called freedom.


woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GSS said:

Bucketrunner said:

Are you ok with voter registration the day of the election? That may be a deal killer for me
Other than Bius claiming Kacal voted for this, is there any documented action regarding this proposal?
With proper ID, I have no issue with same day registration and voting.

Voting should be as easy as possible with absolute verification of ID.
goatchze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Brian Alg said:

Abbott announced his support for school choice. I hope this means polling is showing that Kacal's position on education is a loser. I can't vote for Bius, but I hope he wins based on this one issue.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/10/abbott-public-education-vouchers-school-choice/
School choice sounds great…But who do you think is going to fund any shortfall for the public school funding Abbott claims won't exist? This is going to hurt those rural public schools ….which are usually R voters
Well, if they have fewer kids, shouldn't their costs go down?

To counter this argument, I've always been of the opinion that some, but not all, of the money should follow the kid.

Bryan ISD spends $12,000 per student. I tell you what, I'm going to pull my kid and send them elsewhere. You won't have to incur the costs of educating my child, but you will still get to keep half the money as if you did. So your per-student budget just went up, not down.

Then I get $6,000 to spend on educating my child how I see fit.

Seems win-win.
Brian Alg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like Kacal is no longer advertising his TSTA/NEA endorsement. I don't know if that means he is coming around on school choice. But it is a good sign for school choice that he now thinks the endorsement sends a bad message.
Brian Alg

Brazos Coalition for Responsible Government
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't wait for this election to be over and the ads going away. (For both candidates.)
Temple Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I bet he's covering his booty.
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting I live in the woodcreek area and voted yesterday, and he is not even on the ballot because I/ we are not in his district, yet I have put up with this relentless crap on tv for weeks now he wants you to call him in the latest commercial Please let this horrible situation be over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same. Not even on my ballot and my mailbox is stuffed with his junk.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
happyinBCS said:

Interesting I live in the woodcreek area and voted yesterday, and he is not even on the ballot because I/ we are not in his district, yet I have put up with this relentless crap on tv for weeks now he wants you to call him in the latest commercial Please let this horrible situation be over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Username does not check out ATM.
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Will we see more 100% smear campaign ads, no mention of the opposition candidate, just ludicrous accusations against an incumbent, because they were not pure enough for a PAC?
Yes we will...
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Brian Alg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Kacal (and Raney) continue to put the well-being of teachers' unions and administrators ahead of the well-being of students, I hope their opponents don't pull any punches.

I hopeful that as the education issue gets more attention, they change their stances in the next 2 years so I can support them.
Brian Alg

Brazos Coalition for Responsible Government
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just an FYI: there is no teachers' union in Texas.
In a world of Altuves and Correas, be an Altuve.
Brian Alg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It isn't super important. Texas teachers' unions are not the only, or probably even the primary, force behind the public schools-only contingent or whatever it is called. But I am a little curious why you think these aren't unions.

https://www.tsta.org/about_tsta/about-tsta-2/
https://www.texasaft.org/about/
Brian Alg

Brazos Coalition for Responsible Government
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In a world of Altuves and Correas, be an Altuve.
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Alg said:

It isn't super important. Texas teachers' unions are not the only, or probably even the primary, force behind the public schools-only contingent or whatever it is called. But I am a little curious why you think these aren't unions.

https://www.tsta.org/about_tsta/about-tsta-2/
https://www.texasaft.org/about/
Teachers are not required to join these organizations. If they were unionized, they would be required to join the union. Unions organize strikes - it is illegal in Texas for teachers to strike. Unions negotiate pay and benefit increases and better working conditions. This does not apply to Texas teachers, they have no negotiating power. The groups you named are no different from AARP. They are advocates for teachers, not a union.
In a world of Altuves and Correas, be an Altuve.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texas AFT calls itself a union like 5 times in two paragraphs on their webpage

https://www.texasaft.org/membership/

When you join Texas AFT, you become part of our union family with local, state and national support for you and your professional life.

It also invites you to "join your local union", and claim they have 38 unions across the state.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are teacher unions in Texas. Texas teachers are not required to join them.
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
techno-ag said:

There are teacher unions in Texas. Texas teachers are not required to join them.
That is correct but they sell it like it is insurance against being sued by a parent. Having seen first hand they don't do anything when a teacher actually gets sued. It is a racket and the sales pitch should be investigated.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The texas teachers groups are just funnels for the democratic party. The state/locals funds districts who join groups like TASB that funnel taxpayer money to the democratic party, and the districts pay teachers- who pay dues to group like AFT who funnel money to the democratic party. The whole education establishment is set up to fund the democratic party with taxpayer money.


Quote:

Having seen first hand they don't do anything when a teacher actually gets sued. It is a racket and the sales pitch should be investigated.

Right, but they lobby to protect teachers who get busted having inappropriate contact with children. These people are the lowest of the low.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.