Negative ads on Kyle Kacal..

12,865 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ragnar Danneskjoldd
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heard on this morning on WTAW, funded by "School Freedom Fund" PAC (useless website), 100% smear claims against Kacal, with no mention of his runoff opponent, Ben Bius.
Empower Texas, under another name?
NRA Life
TSRA Life
BCSWguru
Are they incorrect?
gettingitdone
Is what is being said untrue?
histag10
AG
What was said about him?
LOYAL AG
AG
Bius' campaign has been almost entirely about why I shouldn't vote for Kacal. Based solely on his campaign I honestly can't give you one reason I should vote for Bius. Which...tells me I won't vote for Bius. Hating one candidate should not translate to voting for the other. That's how we end up with Joe Biden for president. (Note: I don't care if you voted or Biden. We all know a substantial portion of his voters voted against Trump which is my point.) I had already decided I will not vote for Bius simply on the highly negative tone of his campaign. All Kacal hate as far as I can tell. I don't trust people that can't tell me why they are the right person for the job.
halibut sinclair
Kacal has poo in his tv spots. He has my vote.
Bunk Moreland
Saw a Kacal attack ad on TV the other day. First ad I've seen of his. Guess it's going both ways.
75AG
AG
Bius is hoping to carry Walker and Grimes County. That's his only chance.
Sleepnumber
AG
75AG said:

Bius is hoping to carry Walker and Grimes County. That's his only chance.
Which he will. That's why Kacal is nervous. Turnouts in these primary run-offs are very low.
Bucketrunner
Kacal rewarded the Democrats who ran off to Washington by supporting/voting for them for committee chairs because "they have to win a few." I can't support that. He just strikes me as the consummate politician. I like the way Bius has made his money and didn't inherit it.

JMHO. Not a part of either campaign.
maroon barchetta
Today I learned that people still watch ads on tv.
scd88
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Today I learned that people still watch ads on tv.

My favorite post of the day. Well done.
scd88
AG
Also, this would have been a great happy hour topic but, noooooo, y'all didn't come.
histag10
AG
scd88 said:

Also, this would have been a great happy hour topic but, noooooo, y'all didn't come.

My kid gets off the bus at like 415, and I have 2 babies....
scd88
AG
I'm more kidding than not. My bad for poor emoji use. I know you have schedule challenges and have always been up front about whether or not you could make it.
histag10
AG
scd88 said:

I'm more kidding than not. My bad for poor emoji use. I know you have schedule challenges and have always been up front about whether or not you could make it.

I know you were being sarcastic. I'm more sad than anything that these dang kids ruin all my fun
GSS
Found this website, Voting records for elected officials voting records. Kacal's votes don't seem to reflect he is the flaming liberal the "School Freedom Fund" PAC ad claims.

When a PAC with zero information on its funding PAC runs unsubstantiated smear ads never mentioning both candidates, as mentioned that is a red flag for slimy politicking...
NRA Life
TSRA Life
bobinator
AG
Quote:

Hating one candidate should not translate to voting for the other.

This isn't the most important thing on this thread, but like... this is just how decisions work. Sometimes "I dunno, I guess if I have to" is the better option if there's only two options and the other option is "definitely not."
maroon barchetta
bobinator said:

Quote:

This isn't the most important thing on this thread, but like... this is just how decisions work. Sometimes "I dunno, I guess if I have to" is the better option if there's only two options and the other option is "definitely not."

You can vote for neither or write in a vote.
bobinator
AG
You could if you don't want your vote to count.

I don't really care that much either way in this particular case, I'm just saying that "definitely not that" is a perfectly good reason to vote for something else in some situations.
BCSWguru
GSS said:

Found this website, Voting records for elected officials voting records. Kacal's votes don't seem to reflect he is the flaming liberal the "School Freedom Fund" PAC ad claims.

When a PAC with zero information on its funding PAC runs unsubstantiated smear ads never mentioning both candidates, as mentioned that is a red flag for slimy politicking...
I think it stems from his reluctance to support school choice while sending his own kids to private school.
75AG
AG
maroon barchetta said:

bobinator said:

Quote:

You can vote for neither or write in a vote.

Sometimes you dislike one so much, you need the other one.
GSS
LSCSN said:

GSS said:

I think it stems from his reluctance to support school choice while sending his own kids to private school.
And I expect the definition of "school choice" options is critical as to how one might vote.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
maroon barchetta
bobinator said:

You could if you don't want your vote to count.

I don't really care that much either way in this particular case, I'm just saying that "definitely not that" is a perfectly good reason to vote for something else in some situations.

It's called "voting your conscience". Sorry if that is a new concept.

Recent experience with voting for one person because you don't like the other person isn't really working out for me lately.
doubledog
halibut sinclair said:

Kacal has poo in his tv spots. He has my vote.
I thought putting bull**** in a US mailbox was against the law.... Oh wait, that was the point of the ad.
bobinator
AG
I'm not saying it's the best reason to vote, for sure, just that it can be a valid reason.

If something about one candidate is so bad that you don't want them to hold office, then voting in such a way that could prevent that from happening (as opposed to voting for something that will absolutely not prevent that from happening) is a valid reason to vote.

Obviously we'd all love to be able to always vote for people we want to vote for, but that's not always how the game works.
Anna Molly
Ted Cruz is behind Ben Bius. Why is a US Senator getting involved in a State House race?

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/04/21/top-republican-leaders-split-endorsements-ahead-primaries-one-reason-is-debate-about-school-choice/

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/04/19/cruz-abbott-school-choice-republican-runoffs/

As another poster said, tell (or rather show) me why I should vote FOR you, not why the other candidate is bad. Unless you want to lose my vote.
histag10
AG
Anna Molly said:

Ted Cruz is behind Ben Bius. Why is a US Senator getting involved in a State House race?

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/04/21/top-republican-leaders-split-endorsements-ahead-primaries-one-reason-is-debate-about-school-choice/

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/04/19/cruz-abbott-school-choice-republican-runoffs/

As another poster said, tell (or rather show) me why I should vote FOR you, not why the other candidate is bad. Unless you want to lose my vote.

Because political endorsements are always a huge part of any election, and you often see higher ranking officials endorsing lower office/local candidates, especially when they are from the same state and the choices of the local official will personally impact the higher official. Ted Cruz is a resident of the State of Texas. Should he not be able to endorse or give opinions simply because he is a US Senator?

75AG
AG
histag10 said:

Anna Molly said:

Because political endorsements are always a huge part of any election, and you often see higher ranking officials endorsing lower office/local candidates, especially when they are from the same state and the choices of the local official will personally impact the higher official. Ted Cruz is a resident of the State of Texas. Should he not be able to endorse or give opinions simply because he is a US Senator?

Ordinarily, Ted Cruz's endorsement would have little sway, except to the farthest right wing of the base. But that's very important in a runoff. And will hurt Kacal. And could be an election-changer.
cavscout96
AG
Anna Molly said:

did you read the article?

Quote:

"Sen. Cruz believes that school choice is the most important domestic issue in the country," Cruz spokesperson Steve Guest said in a statement. "He doesn't hesitate to endorse and support candidates in primaries that will fight for school choice across Texas."
Smeghead4761
bobinator said:

I'm not saying it's the best reason to vote, for sure, just that it can be a valid reason.

If something about one candidate is so bad that you don't want them to hold office, then voting in such a way that could prevent that from happening (as opposed to voting for something that will absolutely not prevent that from happening) is a valid reason to vote.

Obviously we'd all love to be able to always vote for people we want to vote for, but that's not always how the game works.

"If you are part of a society that votes, then do so. There may be no candidates and no measures you want to vote for, but there are certain to be ones you want to vote against. In case of doubt, vote against. By this rule you will rarely go wrong." - Robert Heinlein.

I will say that, in the Presidential elections since I turned 18, I've voted against far more than for. I've only actually voted for a Presidential candidate twice, and one of those was when I was 18 and didn't know any better. (Still would have voted the same, but I would have been voting against Bill Clinton instead of for Bush41.)

More than once I've voted against a candidate because I got sick of their ads and/or mailers.
Temple Ag
I've always thought that Kyle Kacal has done a great job running his daddy's place here in College Station.
Muzzleblast
This is my district.
I've looked hard at both guys.
A friend asked me about the race last week and my answer was "just pick who you think sucks the least".
Pretty sad but that's where we are.
TAMU1990
AG
Kacal is ranked as one of the most liberal republicans in the house. For him representing a rural district that matters. No Texas rural Republican should be on this list.
Txmoe
AG
Saw Kacal's response ad to the "attack" ads from Bius. Have to say I'm disappointed that there are TWO shots of cow patties in Kacal's ad. I get the reference and don't mind him making the analogy but does he really have to show cow s**t?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.