HOA fees in BCS

15,704 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MsDoubleD81
JR Ewing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heismenberg said:

$500 in Estates at Creek Meadows. Although, I believe Creek Meadows also pays $500.

Regardless, it feels way too high, especially since we don't use the swimming pools, basketball court, etc.

It used to be higher on the Estates side, but they normalized it across both when they built the Estates side pool. $500 is not out of the normal range. In Houston, the HOA dues can get ridiculous in some places...
AG @ HEART
$490ish i think in Siena
Rasslin Cheesehead
AG
Heritage Lake-500/yr
Spyderman
AG
Village on The Creek condo's-150.40
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Tibbers
Esteban du Plantier said:

Tibbers said:

Geez, I pay 175 a month at the barracks for my rental property.

But when it comes time to replace the roof of fix the foundation or some other shared repair, are you covered?

No idea heh. It does cover that pool thing and free membership to that, lawn care, internet and cable, so there's a bit there.
AgGunNut
AG
Condo and townhome properties will always have a significantly higher fee. They will generally cover the norm of admin, landscape/irrigation, pool, etc but will often cover a lot more due to the nature of construction. When I had a condo, my fee included insurance/maintenance for studs outward, so I wasn't on the hook for any exterior repairs and was just under $200 a month from 2009-2021 (when I sold). If your fee includes internet/cable, that isn't a bad fee at all.
OnlyForNow
AG
Any of y'all know who your management companies are?
woodiewood1
Make sure that you get a financial statement annually and look at it. An HOA is required to have elected leaders, an annually meeting and give or make available on a website members a financial statement annually.

I won't give the name, but there was a small HOA in BCS that collected $250 annually from the residents for years and years and they never had meetings and officers. I sold a house and asked for the financial statement and never could get one. My buyer's attorney said to open a bank account and deposit the HOA fees in there and do so until they get a financial statement.

After three years and a number of owner threatening the "secretary" who collected the fee, they found out that they were doing the entrance landscaping and lawn maintenance, but they were pocketing about 75% of the fee themselves. I told my buyer that they were probably paying for the Sec's Hawaii vacation each year! I told him that he should demand that an annual audit of the account be done.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Castlegate II is Beal.
75AG
AG
Duck Haven is Beal. I think we're supposed to hate them.
localag88
Traditions is Berkshire Hathaway
birdman
Williams Creek is handled by Berkshire Hathaway.
EliteElectric
Berkshire Hathaway
OnlyForNow
AG
Thank y'all!
armymom
For those that have HOA management I would think that is where a lot of your fees go to.
LOYAL AG
AG
$525 ish/year in River Place which includes trash. HOA board vacillates between virtually non existent to complete **** show depending on the critical factors like the moon, tides and volume of alien activity in town. No management company so we are owner run which invites all the Karens in your hood to flex their muscles.
wareagle044
$650/yr

Messina Hof Estates / Lantern Cove
CoachtobeNamed$$$
Yep, $600 at Castlegate ll and I'm not impressed with Beal. Slow to respond if at all. And Esteban is right…half for the friggin' pool. They've screwed that up 2 years running.
Hornbeck
OnlyForNow said:

Any of y'all know who your management companies are?

Spring Meadows is Berkshire Hathaway.
OldAg68
AG
Bentwood is $300/yr. Just increased from $200 last year - the first increase since the subdivision started in 2005.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Oakmont is double Pebble Creek?!
OnlyForNow
AG
Any of y'all know what you pay your management company per year?

happyinBCS
it is usually 4-10% of the total proceeds
histag10
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Any of y'all know what you pay your management company per year?

You moving to BCS?
OnlyForNow
AG
Not yet. But we're looking for a new management company for our HOA.
histag10
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Not yet. But we're looking for a new management company for our HOA.

Ah, well sad. Lol
happyinBCS
Association services is great, good recordkeeping and far below the norm on fees
cajunken
Saddle Creek just went up to $360 this year - had been $300 for last several years. Mgt company is Beal.
wareagle044
Spring Creek Townhomes in Tower Point is $1560 annually

Covers lawn/landscape maintenance, irrigation, fence repair, pool
maroon barchetta
Good grief.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Anyone live in Castlegate II. What's this about?? From Nextdoor.

Vinewood_03
Uhhhh that don't sound good…..anyone in CGII care to respond…..????
EBrazosAg
AG
Can we say "assessment" kids? I knew you could ……also let's say "lawsuits" while we are at it !
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiepaintrain
AG
500 houses $3k a pop
if there's 500 houses there
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.