CSISD *ASKS* Students to Wear Masks

20,058 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Stupe
Horn_in_Aggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
I figured something was up. Dropped the kids today and all the teachers had them, and almost none ever did before today, so I wondered if someone "asked".
dubi
AG
Hard no if I had kids at school.
91_Aggie
AG
Last year are this time they had 6 or so COVID cases in the first 2 weeks. This year they have had 230ish.

He is clear that they cannot mandate it.

He is asking for cooperation so they do not have to extend school year/extend school days/etc.

91_Aggie
AG
Watch the video
Make an informed decision.
gunan01
AG
[We have made it clear that we are not going to tolerate that on this board. Banned. -Staff]
gunan01
AG
Posted this on another thread, but some of the biggest districts in the state (not HISD which isn't actually represented in this data) have mask mandates. And none of them show up on this list of the 30 school districts that have the most cases through one week of school.

Hmmmm....

[If graphics are large please provide a link to the graphic. -Staff]
dubi
AG
We will reach herd immunity much faster.
RafterAg223
AG
gunan01 said:

Posted this on another thread, but some of the biggest districts in the state (not HISD which isn't actually represented in this data) have mask mandates. And none of them show up on this list of the 30 school districts that have the most cases through one week of school.

Hmmmm....

"Cases" .interesting that other countries in the world that haven't completely politicized and weaponized everything about this virus are no longer looking at "cases" and are not testing people that are not sick. Per Stanford Medical School, 0-19 cohort has a 1 in 37,000 chance of dying from Covid. Those over the age of 18 have been able to walk into a CVS for months now and get a shot to protect themselves if they so desired. Quit telling me about masks.
MTTANK
AG
RafterAg223 said:

"Cases" .interesting that other countries in the world that haven't completely politicized and weaponized everything about this virus are no longer looking at "cases" and are not testing people that are not sick. Per Stanford Medical School, 0-19 cohort has a 1 in 37,000 chance of dying from Covid. Those over the age of 18 have been able to walk into a CVS for months now and get a shot to protect themselves if they so desired. Quit telling me about masks.
91_Aggie
AG
MTTANK said:

RafterAg223 said:

Imagine the outcry if that 1 in 37,000 died in College station because they got it because students who had the virus but not "sick" spread it to that one that died.

Our freedoms are not being chipped away because people have to wear masks... it is and has been chipped away because of lawsuits.

RafterAg223
AG
91_Aggie said:

MTTANK said:

RafterAg223 said:

Imagine the outcry if that 1 in 37,000 died in College station because they got it because students who had the virus but not "sick" spread it to that one that died.

Our freedoms are not being chipped away because people have to wear masks... it is and has been chipped away because of lawsuits.

And if the far more than 1 in 37,000 in that same cohort died from influenza?????
RafterAg223
AG
I had a science teacher at a CSISD High School go on a Covid soapbox today at both the start and end of class where said teacher sat there and told a bunch of teens they should go get a vaccine. Not that teacher's business, not that teacher's place to recommend this to these kids. I'm tired of this crap. Things like this are discussions for my family and our physicians. I don't need wanna be scientists in the public school system preaching to my kids about the health decisions they should make.
91_Aggie
AG
[You have been warned and banned for your disrespectful posting on this board and because you ignore them this will be your last ban that will be less than 30 days. -Staff]
RafterAg223
AG

You find it acceptable for a teacher to go off topic and try and persuade teenagers that are not their children/patients about medical/health decisions they need to be making? That's the issue I have with this. That's not what this person is paid to do. I don't care what you think. I, nor my kids, live in a bubble. That was inappropriate.

[We agree that the post was inappropriate and the number of red flags indicates that many other poster have the same opinion. In the future please use the flag option and do not quote the post so it is easier for us to clean up the thread. Thank you. -Staff]
SCHTICK00
AG

Pathetic
BCSWguru
are there any smaller local schools that do not accept transfers?
samurai_science
91_Aggie said:

Watch the video
Make an informed decision.

Well the data and science shows mask do nothing
Bullpen Chias
AG
College Station ISD data from video
dubi
AG
[We have made it clear that posts that are insulting to posters or groups of posters will be edited and the poster banned. -Staff]
Bullpen Chias
AG
I doubt this cohort will end up in the hospital. Will they pass to others that might? Yeah, probably.
curry97
AG
My 13 year old is one of the positive cases. He had fever for like 5 hours on Saturday, along with a headache. Has had no symptoms since that day.

And he more than likely didn't get it from school, cause I tested positive last Tuesday.
TyHolden
AG
The Catholic school is requiring them now.
txgardengirl
A 1% infection rate based on that graph... I would expect a spike no matter what - campus sizes have increased 25%+ from last year's virtual numbers and growth. The numbers at the school board on attendance will be eye opening for those that have been watching for a while.
Oogway
Is he required to remain at home for ten days?
FlyRod
Good on CSISD. The health and safety of children are important.
TexAg1987
Was anyone in school last year?
TyHolden
AG
[Add to the discussion or don't post and gifs and memes are not adding to the discussion. -Staff]
Bucketrunner
Home schooling is the future of education when school boards don't use common sense.
Bullpen Chias
AG
I think about 65% did in-person to start last year and that number grew throughout the year. Maybe someone here has more precise numbers. Masks were required every day last school year.
jja79
AG
How many sick and requiring medical care? My son's college golf team had to test before they could practice and only vaccinated guys tested positive. Publicizing positive test numbers has an agenda.
TyHolden
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Home schooling is the future of education when school boards don't use common sense.
you can't make me raise my kids AND teach them as well !!!
cavscout96
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

Bucketrunner said:

Joking.....right?
TyHolden
AG
cavscout96 said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Bucketrunner said:

Joking.....right?
lol yeah
SCHTICK00
AG
I'd like to know if these are confirmed positive test results are just absentee by illness. Right now we have flu and stomach bug running strong. I'd like a 10 year comparison of absentees due to illness for the first two weeks before reacting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.