MetroNet fiber optic coming to Bryan

9,520 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by James Russell
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Competition. God bless it.

Any guesses as to how Suddenlink will respond...if at all?
mrm5932
AG
Id guess they wont until its available to a large percentage of their base here. Its going to take awhile for build out so I dont anticipate many changes from suddenlink
texasaggie04
AG
FlyRod said:

Competition. God bless it.

Any guesses as to how Suddenlink will respond...if at all?

$10 says they increase our bills without any notification.
Brian Alg
In case anyone else was interested in seeing the Memorandum of (edit: Understanding) between Bryan and MetroNet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dg4RVaWi8mWm41fSSiddS7F0FVMkls-q/view?usp=sharing
Brian Alg

Brazos Coalition for Responsible Government
isitjustme
AG
Brian Alg said:

In case anyone else was interested in seeing the Memorandum of Agreement between Bryan and MetroNet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dg4RVaWi8mWm41fSSiddS7F0FVMkls-q/view?usp=sharing
I know this sounds like a small thing, but it's an MOU, not an MOA. An MOA is binding, like a contract. An MOU states what is understood between the parties, but is non-binding as it says on pg 3 in item H.

Nonetheless, it's great that we'll have some competition.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I'm about ready to take a sledgehammer to my Suddenlink router today. It's incredible how terrible their service is and just how much it costs. Can't even watch videos on youtube today and I supposedly pay for 400 mbps after "upgrading" about a year ago. The only thing that was upgraded was my monthly bill.
BCStalk
I haven't had Internet for a year now and I have been so much happier not having to deal with Suddenlink. It's like a bandaid. Sometimes you just have to rip it off.
Barry Potter 09

Let's see what local promos Suddenlink creates by late next year.
Rapier108
Hopefully they offer a better service/price than Suddenlink.

I'll be happy to switch, so as long as I do not have to use their provided modem/router. The Suddenlink one is junk, and I have no faith theirs would be any better. I have my own modem and router which works far better than anything Suddenlink provides, and is far more secure.
Gigem314
AG
Barry Potter 09 said:

Let's see what local promos Suddenlink creates by late next year.

BrazosWifi
Rapier108 said:

Hopefully they offer a better service/price than Suddenlink.

I'll be happy to switch, so as long as I do not have to use their provided modem/router. The Suddenlink one is junk, and I have no faith theirs would be any better. I have my own modem and router which works far better than anything Suddenlink provides, and is far more secure.
It's a fiber service. Your cable modem is not needed. They will provide a converter for fiber->Ethernet. Then you can use your router.

Some FTTH groups require you to use their router because it contains the fiber converter (ONT).
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
tfunk02
AG
Will this eventually make it to EVERY home with a College Station address? Even if you live out on the Brazos and use BTU for power and a 3rd party for trash?

I don't want to get my hopes up...

Edit: Never mind, it says 90%. I'm sure I'm in the 10% not getting it.

momtaxi
If anyone doesn't already know. Frontier is already building in the CS area and is about to turn on 3 neighborhoods on the east side of highway 6.
TheOC16
AG
momtaxi said:

If anyone doesn't already know. Frontier is already building in the CS area and is about to turn on 3 neighborhoods on the east side of highway 6.

My neighborhood is one of the neighborhoods. They had a huge tunneler taking up my driveway for a couple days (not complaining, it was more funny than anything. The workers were friendly).

I'm almost set on switching to them just because of how many times Suddenlink has pissed me off. But is this type of internet actually supposed to be better?

I hate Suddenlink billing and customer service, but my quality of internet has actually been stellar (knock on wood) since moving to this house last year.
momtaxi
To tell you the truth I wouldn't know off hand because we only have had suddenstink here. I have friends down in Houston that have fiber internet and say it's completely better then any kind of cable internet they've had. I'm my opinion ANYTHING is going to be better then suddenstink is right now. I'm going to switch as soon as they get my neighborhood up and running
doubledog
TheOC16 said:

momtaxi said:

My neighborhood is one of the neighborhoods. They had a huge tunneler taking up my driveway for a couple days (not complaining, it was more funny than anything. The workers were friendly).

I'm almost set on switching to them just because of how many times Suddenlink has pissed me off. But is this type of internet actually supposed to be better?

I hate Suddenlink billing and customer service, but my quality of internet has actually been stellar (knock on wood) since moving to this house last year.
They are "tunneling" fiber optic along Ponderosa in C.S.
Post removed:
by user
TyHolden
AG
momtaxi said:

which 3 neighborhoods?
armymom
I believe it is Horse Haven, Raintree and Emerald Forest
James Russell
AG
The construction update page for Bryan/College Station is now available on Metronet's site..
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.