COVID Testing - TAMU employees

1,359 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by toolshed
Leslie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where is the best place to get COVID testing done for TAMU employees? I went to CHI St. Joseph Express Care (by Lowe's & Chick-Fil-a) in College Station. They were fantastic to me. I haven't seen a bill yet but it did take a long time for the results to come back. I had my test done Wednesday morning first thing and got results on Sunday mid-morning.
JMac03
AG
Brazos Valley Urgent care does them - $20 copay. They also have the rapid test that they state there isn't a billing code for, so if you want the rapid test, it is $50 with results in 15-30 minutes (otherwise it is a few days and I assume covered under copay)
AggieBarstool
JMac03 said:

Brazos Valley Urgent care does them - $20 copay. They also have the rapid test that they state there isn't a billing code for, so if you want the rapid test, it is $50 with results in 15-30 minutes (otherwise it is a few days and I assume covered under copay)
Yeah, that reeks of a total cash grab/scam. I'm instantly inclined to not trust the results.

For TAMU employees, COVID testing (and treatment?) is totally covered.
KorbinDallas
Is A&M doing mandatory testing for employees?
JMac03
AG
KorbinDallas said:

Is A&M doing mandatory testing for employees?
No
FlyRod
A research team at my alma mater (U Illinois) just created a test that takes a saliva sample...simple and no swab up the snout. They state they can do 10,000 tests a day and are rolling it out at that uni. Could become more common and more widely used (I'm hoping). And that volume would make it a game changer for reopening universities safely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=58&v=tq_FQsADZWE&feature=emb_logo

UC San Diego has plans to regularly test everyone on campus so that they can quickly identify and contain any covid-19 outbreaks on campus. They are experimenting with self-administered tests that are dropped off at locations around campus then delivered to an on-campus lab for processing several times a day. They want to bring everyone back in the fall for in-person classes and are testing ways to do that safely this summer.
toolshed
AG
I would question what type of testing is done when evaluating time to get results as well. There are different types of detection, and different types of tests. I don't know the specifics, but some are more prone to false negatives than others.

Caprock set up the University clinic for Covid specific clinic and has the short turn around.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.