COVID Testing - TAMU employees

1,945 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by toolshed
Leslie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where is the best place to get COVID testing done for TAMU employees? I went to CHI St. Joseph Express Care (by Lowe's & Chick-Fil-a) in College Station. They were fantastic to me. I haven't seen a bill yet but it did take a long time for the results to come back. I had my test done Wednesday morning first thing and got results on Sunday mid-morning.
JMac03
AG
Brazos Valley Urgent care does them - $20 copay. They also have the rapid test that they state there isn't a billing code for, so if you want the rapid test, it is $50 with results in 15-30 minutes (otherwise it is a few days and I assume covered under copay)
AggieBarstool
JMac03 said:

Brazos Valley Urgent care does them - $20 copay. They also have the rapid test that they state there isn't a billing code for, so if you want the rapid test, it is $50 with results in 15-30 minutes (otherwise it is a few days and I assume covered under copay)
Yeah, that reeks of a total cash grab/scam. I'm instantly inclined to not trust the results.

For TAMU employees, COVID testing (and treatment?) is totally covered.
FamousAgg
Is A&M doing mandatory testing for employees?
JMac03
AG
KorbinDallas said:

Is A&M doing mandatory testing for employees?
No
FlyRod
A research team at my alma mater (U Illinois) just created a test that takes a saliva sample...simple and no swab up the snout. They state they can do 10,000 tests a day and are rolling it out at that uni. Could become more common and more widely used (I'm hoping). And that volume would make it a game changer for reopening universities safely.

UC San Diego has plans to regularly test everyone on campus so that they can quickly identify and contain any covid-19 outbreaks on campus. They are experimenting with self-administered tests that are dropped off at locations around campus then delivered to an on-campus lab for processing several times a day. They want to bring everyone back in the fall for in-person classes and are testing ways to do that safely this summer.
toolshed
AG
I would question what type of testing is done when evaluating time to get results as well. There are different types of detection, and different types of tests. I don't know the specifics, but some are more prone to false negatives than others.

Caprock set up the University clinic for Covid specific clinic and has the short turn around.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.