KBTX

20,353 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rapier108
oklaunion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Halibut:
How can I continue to begrudgingly agree with you if there is no longer anything to agree to? Please be more careful in how you word your comments. It makes me look sillier than usual.
halibut sinclair
Love Gun
Rusty and Karla are the local version of Morning Joe and Mika. In other words, they care more about the liberal agenda the bosses push and not about real, factual news. Like when Karla just had to push the Spanish accent on the name 'Beto'. You do know that kid is Irish, right, Karla?

As for weather, gone are the good ole days of Orelon Sidney and Bob French. I use my Weatherbug app now for more accurate info anyway.

KBTX has turned into Suddenlink in B-CS - many, many people don't like it and it frequently pisses them off, but it's really the only thing around for the time being. I wish KAGS would step it up.
Rapier108
And here I thought I was the only one who noticed the exaggerated pronunciation of "Beto".
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
bobinator
AG
Now the pronunciation of the name 'Beto' by someone that's a fluent Spanish speaker and is probably used to saying it that way is actually a signal of KBTX's overt liberal agenda?

Good lord people...
Love Gun
bobinator said:

Now the pronunciation of the name 'Beto' by someone that's a fluent Spanish speaker and is probably used to saying it that way is actually a signal of KBTX's overt liberal agenda?

Good lord people...

No, if you watched them during that campaign, they tried their liberal hearts out to sell him as being Hispanic.
happyinBCS
Is there a shakeup at KBTX, the morning lady is doing the 4 pm show, on their website they use to show the whole team, that is all gone and the commercials they do for themselves are far different than the jingle they have used for the last 10 years
75AG
AG
Some of y'all are just silly. You know this is a local channel with a viewership of likely no more than 25,000. I'm cracking up at the Joe and Mika reference.
montegobay
Conspiracy theory much? This thread is ridiculous.
TAMU1990
AG
Have you seen the video with 25+ local news stations reading a script on national news clips? It's all synced up together so you know they are spoon feeding you the liberal narrative. I have and it's an eye opener. They are fed the videos and scripts and it's read faithfully.
aggietoolman
AG
It is noticeable that there's been a lot of shifting of anchors right now. It would be odd for that many vacations at one time (even if two are married). Wonder if Covid has anything to do with it.

And it's very noticeable that they've taken on a much more liberal slant in reporting.
montegobay
Covid? That's not a real thing. Come on, haven't you read the other threads?
TexasAggie_02
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Quote:

And I hate to say this, because I like the people who posted about this, but I will say it's a little bit uncool to say you watch the local news because of the hotness of the weather person. She's trying to be professional

[We agree about those comments and have removed the posts. -Staff]
Yet the Houston board has 216 pages of pictures of weather girls and reporters.

TIL that I should spend more time on the Houston board.
Cholula Verde
AG
"And it's very noticeable that they've taken on a much more liberal slant in reporting."

This!!
bobinator
AG
Wendy 1990 said:

Have you seen the video with 25+ local news stations reading a script on national news clips? It's all synced up together so you know they are spoon feeding you the liberal narrative. I have and it's an eye opener. They are fed the videos and scripts and it's read faithfully.
I hope you're kidding but just in case:

1) The video that went viral are from stations owned by Sinclair, KBTX is not one of them. It's owned by Gray Television

2) The famous one of those, unless you've seen one I haven't, are the opposite of the "liberal narrative" they're very explicitly an attack on the perceived "liberal narrative."
Buck Laughlin
AG
Way too many people think they are in the middle of the spectrum and anyone to the left or right of them are radicals. With people unable to acknowledge how much their own biases affect the way they process information, things truly in the middle get labeled as leaning one way or the other.
doubledog
Cholula Verde said:

"And it's very noticeable that they've taken on a much more liberal slant in reporting."

This!!
No, They are just mimicking CBS news (notice how they repeat the CBS news items). It is not liberal slant as much as "filler".
texasaggie04
AG
Buck Laughlin said:

Way too many people think they are in the middle of the spectrum and anyone to the left or right of them are radicals. With people unable to acknowledge how much their own biases affect the way they process information, things truly in the middle get labeled as leaning one way or the other.

This post cannot have enough kudos. Same issue as the vast majority of people think they're better than average at driving.
TaterTot_09
I stopped watching the news about a month ago because I was noticing they have at least 3 segments on the weather in the span of 30 minutes!! I realize they might not have much news to report on a daily basis because this is a small community but come on!!! Be a little more creative. Rusty used to be funny on social media but I stopped following because I definitely noticed a left leaning agenda, which is totally fine, I just don't want his opinion shoved down my throat. The more his followers eat it up the worse it gets.
Bucketrunner
It's always a teaser about what the forecast is going to be, just to keep you stringing along. Then, they flash the weekly forecast on the screen for a nanosecond. Totally not worth the trouble.
Prune Tracy
Rapier108
Prune Tracy said:

Stellar reporting, as always.
They gotta push the narrative.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
CDub06
AG
For real - what's your issue with the headline you posted?
legalbird
It's true. I don't want to hear anyone's political opinion.

If I go eat BBQ, I don't want to hear or see any commentary from staff.

Same if I watch news. Present the story, but keep your face expressions to a minimum.

At the end of the day, you need viewers . Advertisers pay the bills.
Prune Tracy
FlyRod
Quote:

Cant blue star this enough.
toolshed
AG
Pretty sure it's a public private partnership, private developers built on A&M property.
TAMU1990
AG
bobinator said:

Wendy 1990 said:

I hope you're kidding but just in case:

1) The video that went viral are from stations owned by Sinclair, KBTX is not one of them. It's owned by Gray Television

2) The famous one of those, unless you've seen one I haven't, are the opposite of the "liberal narrative" they're very explicitly an attack on the perceived "liberal narrative."
Nope - it was about George Floyd.
Drilltime
KBTX and the Eagle are what they are. But if you take them down you're about like the looters burning their own neighborhood, Try to influence them to change. But we need them.
Love Gun
Drilltime said:

KBTX and the Eagle are what they are. But if you take them down you're about like the looters burning their own neighborhood, Try to influence them to change. But we need them.

I don't
TexasAggie_02
AG
CDub06 said:

BC there's a 99.9% chance it was fake. Politics board found the likely culprit last night, and they are the anti Sully ppl. Also, young offered no reward for the vandalism of Sully.
Darby
KBTX has always been a bit of a joke if you've lived in a major television market before moving here. This is the Brazos County version of the news. Lol

My wife and I tend to snicker at what makes the "top story" around here in the 10 o'clock news and how they try to sensationalize it. It's like this is a training market for anchors and reporters
CDub06
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

CDub06 said:

BC there's a 99.9% chance it was fake. Politics board found the likely culprit last night, and they are the anti Sully ppl. Also, young offered no reward for the vandalism of Sully.

I agree that it ABSOLUTELY looks fake. But they're reporting the news. It was on campus and Young did offer a reward. Young did not offer a reward for the sully vandalization. How is that KBTX's fault?

They're reporting absolute facts in that headline. Which is all that was posted - handy because that's all most people read now.

Young put the reward out there because he wanted attention to it. KBTX reports it, gets more eyes on it. Maybe we have someone step forward to collect the $1200 and tell us what REALLY happened.

And if they do, I bet you KBTX reports it. So again - what is the problem?
Anonymous Source
S
CDub06 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

CDub06 said:

I agree that it ABSOLUTELY looks fake. But they're reporting the news. It was on campus and Young did offer a reward. Young did not offer a reward for the sully vandalization. How is that KBTX's fault?

They're reporting absolute facts in that headline. Which is all that was posted - handy because that's all most people read now.

Young put the reward out there because he wanted attention to it. KBTX reports it, gets more eyes on it. Maybe we have someone step forward to collect the $1200 and tell us what REALLY happened.

And if they do, I bet you KBTX reports it. So again - what is the problem?
It's amusing to me that people who make fun of those screeching "ORANGE MAN BAD" at the drop of the hat are doing the exact same thing when it comes to Michael Young. As Trump can do no good in the eyes of the left, Young can do no good in the eyes of the right.

And there's not a thing wrong with that headline, or KBTX's reporting on the story. Sure, it may very well come back as staged, and when it does, they'll report on that too.
Gig 'Em
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

And there's not a thing wrong with that headline, or KBTX's reporting on the story. Sure, it may very well come back as staged, and when it does, they'll report on that too
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.