KBTX

20,169 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rapier108
Prune Tracy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobinator
AG
link?
bobinator
AG
Yeah I forgot thousands of students live on the farmland
Prune Tracy
Jbob04
AG
It's clear the posters on here that are affiliated or work for KBTX.
bobinator
AG
My point is that they aren't alike at all. Park West is on A&M property, across the street from A&M.

You're acting like it's a wild claim to say it's on campus, and it isn't. Thousands of students live there, it's on A&M property, the University Police is who was mentioned in Young's statement as investigating it.

Even by the standards of this thread, this is kind of a wild stretch.
bobinator
AG
For the record I'm neither affiliated nor work for KBTX, I just think the idea that KBTX has some kind of organized liberal agenda to be an insane thought to have.
Jbob04
AG
If you can't see their liberal slant on nearly everything they do, then you aren't looking very hard.
toolshed
AG
Good grief....
trouble
AG
Some of y'all need to watch some actual liberal local news
bobinator
AG
I do think reporters tend to be more liberal than the general public, and as a result the overall media does as well, I'm not really going to argue against that, but some people on here (not all, but some) are acting like KBTX gets on the phone every morning with some kind of worldwide dark web of liberal antagonists to see how to advance the global liberal agenda.
CDub06
AG
Jbob04 said:

It's clear the posters on here that are affiliated or work for KBTX.
I have no affiliation with KBTX or any media outlet. I'm just pointing out how insanely hard some of you are trying to be offended by every little thing. It's tiresome.
Anonymous Source
S
Prune Tracy said:

toolshed said:

Pretty sure it's a public private partnership, private developers built on A&M property.

PW is "on campus" as much as any of the A&M farmland out near the river. It may be A&M owned land, but no sane person would call that on campus. It's a clickbait headline meant to support a false narrative.
Sorry dude. Park West is "on campus". It's been some time since "campus" has been limited to Wellborn Road, Jersey Street, University and Texas Avenue.

If the Bush Library is "on campus", so is Park West.
Gig 'Em
Love Gun
Century Square is TAMU property, too.

Mind.

Blown.
75AG
AG
Easterwood Airport is also "on campus".
halibut sinclair
Most of these people were liberal arts majors and are young and idealistic. Give them some time to become bitter old conservatives.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Jbob04 said:

If you can't see their liberal slant on nearly everything they do, then you aren't looking very hard.
Agreed, you are looking really really really hard.
ratfacemcdougal
The Observatory and the Nuclear Plant are also "on campus"
Jbob04
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Jbob04 said:

Agreed, you are looking really really really hard.

You are right. My liberal radar is on high alert at all times
bobinator
AG
Committing a hate crime at the observatory would really be going out of your way
taxpreparer
AG
Darby said:

KBTX has always been a bit of a joke if you've lived in a major television market before moving here. This is the Brazos County version of the news. Lol

My wife and I tend to snicker at what makes the "top story" around here in the 10 o'clock news and how they try to sensationalize it. It's like this is a training market for anchors and reporters

Agreed but they are still head and shoulders above the "local" new as from the ABC and NBC affiliates.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
BCS is officially in the Waco-Temple market that is in the high 80's as far as market size.

If BCS was a stand-alone market it would be in the mid 150s.

You are not Brit Hume; Bob Costas or Al Roker if you are in the 87th market and for sure the 150th size market.

You are here because it is probably your first job on TV and you are trying to get out of here asap.

If you have been on the air here over 3 years either your spouse has a good job, you love the area or you just don't have the ability to get to a larger market.

Cut them some slack. They aren't trying to irritate you.

On another note, it is funny that so many people say they don't watch KBTX but they also are the first to slam them when they screw up.

If you don't watch how do you know they screw up?

Rick Burns
AG
"What do you think?" On their Facebook pageis stirring the pot, not reporting.
bobinator
AG
The whole point of a Facebook page for a news organization is engagement, not sure what you're expecting there.
Anonymous Source
S
Rick Burns said:

"What do you think?" On their Facebook pageis stirring the pot, not reporting.

Looks like Clay Falls met with groups that gathered in Somerville. It's right there in the post, and THAT is "reporting".
Gig 'Em
jeffk
CDub06
AG
"You can find us on Facebook. And while you're there, please DON'T follow, like, or comment."
Ag-since-birth
So KBTX leads off with a story about the pro-Sully guy saying "Blaggie", but won't report on the black conservative being called "coon"?

Rusty and KBTX are a freaking joke.
TChaney
Ag-since-birth said:

So KBTX leads off with a story about the pro-Sully guy saying "Blaggie", but won't report on the black conservative being called "coon"?

Rusty and KBTX are a freaking joke.
I am trying to work on a transcript of the full conversation that happened at Sully, instead of just the single sensation clip they are using now.

I posted on the politics board and could use some help at catching any errors, naming people in the videos, and filling in words I can't make out.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3122071

Thanks
agfan1030
Quote:

Biggest gripe: Coldspring, Huntsville, Centerville are not in the Brazos Valley.

LOL
Anonymous Source
S
Where you at?TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

And there's not a thing wrong with that headline, or KBTX's reporting on the story. Sure, it may very well come back as staged, and when it does, they'll report on that too

Where you at?
Gig 'Em
CDub06
AG
Oh weird. KBTX did exactly what reasonable people expected they would. They reported the news...

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/07/10/texas-am-police-say-student-who-reported-racist-notes-placed-them-there-himself/
Love Gun
CDub06 said:

Oh weird. KBTX did exactly what reasonable people expected they would. They reported the news...

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/07/10/texas-am-police-say-student-who-reported-racist-notes-placed-them-there-himself/

I'll give them props for that. Bravo.

Now about Michael K. Young, $1200, and this business of "hate"
Rapier108
I'm shocked they covered it.

Now how about looking into the connections between a certain university VP, a certain professor, and the hoaxers.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.