B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,117,587 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

Tailgate88 said:

trouble said:

I totally forgot to update yesterday. Y'all should fire me.
We'll let you off with a warning and a salary cut this time.

I know this song and dance. You don't have anyone else to do the job

FlyRod
After a string of triple digit case days, guessing its fair to say that TAMU's testing program has to be the main reason?

Not sure students have been back long enough for "community spread" to be reflected in the recent cases, though I've read the onset of symptom time with Delta is 3.7 day (quicker than the old 7-14 day onset), so maybe.
MiMi
S
Today's % of positive confirmed cases was 13.5% 18-24 yrs old.

It would be interesting to know what the age %'s are for those being tested (not just confirmed positive cases), especially elementary-high school age kids, since classes have been going on for 2 weeks for them.
FlyRod
Not sure this helps but both Bryan and CS ISDs have opened Covid portals where you can see cases, but last I looked the data were pretty crude and simple, and not sure if overall number of tests were reported.
MiMi
S
CSISD is reporting 250 cases (inc students and staff) since classes started on Aug 17. But they are not reporting the number of tests that have been performed. CSISD Covid Dashboard
scs01
MiMi said:

CSISD is reporting 250 cases (inc students and staff) since classes started on Aug 17. But they are not reporting the number of tests that have been performed. CSISD Covid Dashboard
CSISD reporting the number of tests would not be meaningful. They don't test themselves, and would definitely hear a disproportionate number of positive results since that is mainly what needs to be reported to them.
isitjustme
AG
Low numbers in BISD also. 117 current out of 19,140 faculty/staff/students.

Bryan ISD COVID-19 Tracking (robhayesbisd.github.io)
Stupe
S
MiMi said:

Nor should they. The percentage of positive tests would be ridiculously high since most parents aren't testing unless their kid is symptomatic.
MiMi
S
Agreed.
denied
scs01 said:

MiMi said:

CSISD reporting the number of tests would not be meaningful. They don't test themselves, and would definitely hear a disproportionate number of positive results since that is mainly what needs to be reported to them.

CSISD started doing the rapid, nasal swab test last week for "anyone" (I think that is employees) who wants it.
trouble
AG
8/30/21 1:45 pm

29 available hospital beds

0 available ICU beds

61 available ventilators

New data on the spreadsheet today:
22 Covid patients on ventilators

55 total ICU patients

34 Covid ICU patients
trouble
AG
They also added pediatric admissions to the spreadsheet. We currently have 1.

I assume it's because there's not currently an open bed at a children's hospital for transfer.
Mathguy64
AG
22 covid vents. Yikes. That's a bad group to be in.
dubi
AG
Mathguy64 said:

covid vent = future death
Nosmo
AG
State spreadsheet by death certificate date by county, 03-07-2020 to 08-29-2021 at 9:30 AM CST

AUG = 22

08/01/21 # 269 (added to state spreadsheet 8/06)
08/04/21 # 270 (added to state spreadsheet 8/06)
08/04/21 # 271 (added to state spreadsheet 8/10)
08/05/21 # 272 (added to state spreadsheet 8/10)
08/06/21 # 273 (added to state spreadsheet 8/12)
08/06/21 # 274 (added to state spreadsheet 8/13)
08/11/21 # 275 (added to state spreadsheet 8/19)
08/12/21 # 276 (added to state spreadsheet 8/16)
08/13/21 # 277 (added to state spreadsheet 8/20)
08/14/21 # 278 (added to state spreadsheet 8/18)
08/14/21 # 279 (added to state spreadsheet 8/24)
08/15/21 # 280 (added to state spreadsheet 8/19)
08/15/21 # 281 (added to state spreadsheet 8/23)
08/15/21 # 282 (added to state spreadsheet 8/24)
08/16/21 # 283 (added to state spreadsheet 8/26)
08/17/21 # 284 (added to state spreadsheet 8/20)
08/17/21 # 285 (added to state spreadsheet 8/24)
08/19/21 # 286 (added to state spreadsheet 8/27)
08/20/21 # 287 (added to state spreadsheet 8/26)
08/21/21 # 288 (added to state spreadsheet 8/27)
08/22/21 # 289 (added to state spreadsheet 8/27)
08/23/21 # 290 (added to state spreadsheet 8/26)

290 = State count
275 = County count

Update bolded for last 5 days.

trouble
AG
It would be nice if the BCHD would report those. During the last presser, someone asked but got blown off by "we need to verify" or some such nonsense. If the state is reporting it, the county can too!
Mathguy64
AG
dubi said:

Mathguy64 said:

covid vent = future death

Sadly yes. One of the metrics I have seen suggests that the chance of never getting off the vent is directly tied to your age. 40 yo and 40% chance of never getting off. 60 yo and 60% chance.

Perhaps one of the local docs could provide better data.
Tookieclothespin
AG
Hopefully adding pediatric cases to the charts won't be sensationalized. We need more data to make conclusions about our children. All children admitted to hospitals are tested for covid-19 regardless of why they are there.

source:
https://hosppeds.aappublications.org/content/early/2021/05/18/hpeds.2021-006001
https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/05/covid-19-hospitalizations-among-kids-likely-overcounted.html

FJB
Nosmo
AG
trouble said:

It would be nice if the BCHD would report those. During the last presser, someone asked but got blown off by "we need to verify" or some such nonsense. If the state is reporting it, the county can too!
The weirdest thing is, recently for a short period of time, the county had a higher death count than the state. I can understand that sometimes it may be sketchy on what county the resident belongs, but as you said, if the state is reporting it, why not the county?

Recently (week ending June 4) the county quit reporting race on deaths. Since then it's all unknown or other. I really don't care about that statistic, but why the change?

It just adds to the mistrust of the public in the government.

It would really help to know (consistently) vaccination status with respect to things like:

Positive test with symptoms.

Positive test without symptoms.

Hospitalizations.

Deaths.

I'm sure there's ways to report the numbers without violating HIPAA. I've seen this type data reported from time to time by different organizations. The CDC has some good summaries, but at the state level, for the most part.

Give the people the data and let them draw their own conclusions. The public is getting info off Faceplant and T w a t ter and treating it as trustworthy.

Frustrating.

trouble
AG
They've collected it all along, it just hasn't been on the spreadsheet. The most I've ever seen is 2 pediatric cases for our region so I think they are only including those admitted for Covid.
trouble
AG
Yup. None of that is identifying information. It could easily be provided.
dubi
AG
I think the chance of getting off a long term vent is <10%.
MTTANK
AG
Are the number of those vaccinated counting all 3 vaccines? I ask because JNJ is just one dose, would that skew the 2nd dose metric? Also, what is the assumed false positive rate at this point? I know it was pretty large early on.
hudmoon
AG
Would also like to know age of hospitalizations and age of patient deaths. I think it would also be nice to know if any of these patients were already in the hospital and then contracted covid.
Nosmo
AG
MTTANK said:

Are the number of those vaccinated counting all 3 vaccines? I ask because JNJ is just one dose, would that skew the 2nd dose metric? Also, what is the assumed false positive rate at this point? I know it was pretty large early on.
They only report "at least one dose" and "fully vaccinated". For J&J, the one shot counts as "at least one dose" and "fully vaccinated".

The state is saying that about 10% of those getting Pfizer or Moderna (the two shot vaccines) are not returning for their second dose, so they will never get counted as "fully vaccinated".

That's the reason for the excessive spread between "one dose" and "fully vaccinated". "Fully vaccinated" should trail "at least one dose" by 3 to 4 weeks, but it doesn't.
Nosmo
AG
hudmoon said:

Would also like to know age of hospitalizations and age of patient deaths. I think it would also be nice to know if any of these patients were already in the hospital and then contracted covid.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#datatracker-home

Although not exactly what you're asking, check out "Healthcare Settings" (the 5th "+" category on the page). It's got some interesting CDC data, and some goes down to the state level.

hudmoon
AG
I'm more interested with brazos county. The cdc website doesn't provide the details I am asking for.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 127 new confirmed cases, 13 probable cases, 53 (+1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 961 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 113,862 (+131) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 8/30/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 95,336 (+173). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 48.11% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 170 (+14); 30.85% of total hospital capacity as of 8/29/21.
Nosmo
AG
https://www.tamu.edu/coronavirus/dashboard/

Weekly COVID-19 Testing Activity and Positivity at Texas A&M University

Week ending Aug 28

Negative 28,003

Positive 791

Total 28,794

Positivity 2.7%
jwj
What counties constitute district n ?
jim james
jwj
Or rather, region n.
jim james
trouble
AG
Trauma services area region N includes the following counties:

Brazos
Burleson
Grimes
Leon
Madison
Robertson
Washington
hudmoon
AG
Is testing required for all students at TAMU?
dubi
AG
hudmoon said:

Is testing required for all students at TAMU?
Faculty, staff, and students.
trouble
AG
Yes, all students and staff are required to test by Sept 10.
First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.