B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,096,107 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Post removed:
by user
theNetSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd come, but I'm a bit worried that the women there would not be able to maintain a 6' distance from me.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 12 new confirmed cases, 0 probable cases, 15 (+4) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 814 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 90,967 (+376) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/19/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 73,137 (+276). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 36.91% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 24 (+2); 4.24% of total hospital capacity as of 5/18/21.

Edited to reflect the vaccine reporting changes by the Texas Department of State Health Services that now includes those 12 years and older in the vaccine-eligible population.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 15 new confirmed cases, 0 probable cases, 13 (-2) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 494 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 91,293 (+326) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/20/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 73,364 (+227). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 37.02% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 28 (+4); 4.74% of total hospital capacity as of 5/19/21.

isitjustme
AG

3 weeks ago - 211 cases, 2 deaths
2 weeks ago - 187 cases, 2 deaths
Last week - 141 cases, 1 death
This Week - 93 cases, 1 death

It's continuing it's downward path here locally. It'd be nice one day to report 0/0 some week, but I'm okay with current low levels.
MiMi
S
No weekend case numbers update from BCHD

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 91,963 (+670) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/21/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 74,684 (+1,320). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 37.69% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 25 (-3); 4.21% of total hospital capacity as of 5/20/21.
scd88
AG
theNetSmith said:

I'd come, but I'm a bit worried that the women there would not be able to maintain a 6' distance from me.

Dang. If you decide to join us, please let us know so we can make sure to pick an outdoor spot to accommodate your humility..
MiMi
S
No weekend case numbers update from BCHD

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 92,417 (+454) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/22/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 74,962 (+278). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 37.83% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 27 (+2); 4.52% of total hospital capacity as of 5/21/21.
Sarvab
a 615 count jump in cases today. The county is uncovering cases the way some states uncover ballots
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 651 new confirmed cases (23 new cases and 627 cases previously not reported Oct. - Dec. 2020), 2 probable cases, 296 tests, 14 (+1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 92,760 (+343) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/23/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 75,145 (+183). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 37.92% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 33 (+5); 5.96% of total hospital capacity as of 5/22/21.
Rapier108
Either it is an error, or they're tossing in a bunch of old cases that just now hit their desk the same way we've seen with deaths.

There is zero logic to believe we went from ~20 or less per day to 651 when ~200 a day was the maximum any of last year.
lockett93
AG
They updated the age breakdown and it matches the total cases being reported including the 651 new ones.
trouble
AG
What was the age breakdown of the new cases?
lockett93
AG

trouble
AG
Was it required for graduation again this time?
Rapier108
On KBTX's website, they have the explanation.

Quote:

The Brazos County Health District was made aware of 627 new cases that were not reported from one of the Curative testing kiosks from October-December 2020. All of the positive cases were notified of their results at that time, but the results were not reported to the health district.
isitjustme
AG
Active cases at 215. This large increase was largely cases from Oct-Dec. From website:

As of 5.22.21, there have been 23 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the Brazos County Health District (BCHD). The BCHD was made aware of 627 cases that were not reported from one of the Curative testing kiosks from October-December 2020. All of the positive cases were notified of their results at that time, but the results were not reported to the health district. This is similar to the situation that occurred previously and has since been resolved to ensure all Curative testing locations are reporting to the health district. This brings the total number of positive cases in Brazos County to 23,416.
trouble
AG
Oh FFS
lockett93
AG
isitjustme said:

Active cases at 215. This large increase was largely cases from Oct-Dec. From website:

As of 5.22.21, there have been 23 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the Brazos County Health District (BCHD). The BCHD was made aware of 627 cases that were not reported from one of the Curative testing kiosks from October-December 2020. All of the positive cases were notified of their results at that time, but the results were not reported to the health district. This is similar to the situation that occurred previously and has since been resolved to ensure all Curative testing locations are reporting to the health district. This brings the total number of positive cases in Brazos County to 23,416.

How is possible that the last time a curative facility failed to report that every curative facility wasn't then visited and confirmed that they had reported?

Mistakes like this removes ALL confidence in the numbers. And if it was from Oct-Dec and pre vaccines I don't believe that there would be 0 cases in 80+ age groups

I'm officially retiring from entering numbers on a spreadsheet since they aren't accurate anyways. I'll make the sheet fully editable if anyone else wants to keep it going.
Rapier108
Quote:

Mistakes like this removes ALL confidence in the numbers. And if it was from Oct-Dec and pre vaccines I don't believe that there would be 0 cases in 80+ age groups
Probably from one of the sites on campus so few if any people 80+ getting tested there.
BrazosWifi
lockett93 said:

I'm officially retiring from entering numbers on a spreadsheet since they aren't accurate anyways.
Thank you for all your work!
trouble
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

Probably from one of the sites on campus so few if any people 80+ getting tested there.

Yes, this
lockett93
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

I assumed the campus sites weren't treated individually and the samples were all taken to the same lab, so would expect them to all be reported.

And if the positive results were now reported, I would have expected a similar jump in number of tests which did not occur.
Nosmo
AG
State reporting 252 total deaths as of 5/23 report (since April 1st 2021).

Per date of death:

04-02-2021 #242
04-03-2021 #243
04-09-2021 #244
04-11-2021 #245
04-15-2021 #246
04-17-2021 #247
04-20-2021 #248
04-21-2021 #249
04-22-2021 #250 (added to state spreadsheet 05/16)
04-24-2021 #251

05-16-2021 #252 (added to state spreadsheet 5/23)

County showing 251. Sometimes the total is the same as the state.
isitjustme
AG
lockett93 said:

isitjustme said:

How is possible that the last time a curative facility failed to report that every curative facility wasn't then visited and confirmed that they had reported?

I'm officially retiring from entering numbers on a spreadsheet since they aren't accurate anyways. I'll make the sheet fully editable if anyone else wants to keep it going.
IDK how they can't get it right. You've done a great job keeping your spreadsheet up and informing us. But you're correct - mistakes like these don't generate confidence in reported numbers but rather the opposite, especially since the mistakes aren't one offs.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 6 new confirmed cases, 1 probable case, 296 tests, 13 (-1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1 death - hospitalized male in his 60's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 93,059 (+299) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/24/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 75,409 (+264). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.06% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 29 (-4); 5.16% of total hospital capacity as of 5/23/21.
oldag00
AG
Reduced by only a factor of 100....nice!
Post removed:
by user
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 22 new confirmed cases, 1 probable case, 1,073 tests, 14 (+1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 93,402 (+343) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/25/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 75,467 (+58). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.18% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 27 (-2); 4.7% of total hospital capacity as of 5/24/21.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 14 new confirmed cases, 7 probable cases, 469 tests, 16 (+2) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 93,717 (+315) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/26/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 75,937 (+470). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.32% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 26 (-1); 4.39% of total hospital capacity as of 5/25/21.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 27 new confirmed cases, 7 probable cases, 537 tests, 19 (+3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 93,981 (+264) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/27/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 76,330 (+393). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.52% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 28 (+2); 4.89% of total hospital capacity as of 5/26/21.

isitjustme
AG

4 weeks ago - 211 cases, 2 deaths
3 weeks ago - 187 cases, 2 deaths
2 weeks ago - 141 cases, 1 death
Last week - 93 cases, 1 death
This Week - 92 cases, 1 death

Don't know whether or not we've plateaued at an acceptable level, but I'm rooting for the numbers to drop even lower.
MiMi
S
No new case number updates from BCHD on the weekend.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 94,310 (+329) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/28/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 76,753 (+423). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.74% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 27 (-1); 4.66% of total hospital capacity as of 5/27/21.
MiMi
S
No new case number updates from BCHD on the weekend.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 94,605 (+295) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/29/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 77,058 (+305). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.89% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 26 (-1); 4.33% of total hospital capacity as of 5/28/21.

MiMi
S
I'm assuming there will not be a new case number update today from BCHD because of the Memorial Day holiday.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 94,829 (+224) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/30/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 77,238 (+180). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.98% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 23 (-3); 3.82% of total hospital capacity as of 5/29/21. Statewide, there are 1,745 patients in Texas hospitals, the lowest we have seen since the same date in 2020.
First Page Last Page
Page 130 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.