B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,780 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Cartographer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you all. I've got a good cough and fever right now. Doc hooked up a lot of those vitamins and an inhaler.

I'll keep y'all informed. Cheers.
MiMi
S
No weekend updates from the BCHD

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 88,855 (+274) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/14/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 70,848 (+1,596). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 37.92% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 14 (-7); 2.47% of total hospital capacity as of 5/13/21.

It's nice to see the region COVID hospitalization numbers fall to such low levels. FYI - the estimated population of region N is 360,355.

MiMi
S
No weekend updates from the BCHD

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 89,314 (+459) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/15/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 71,611 (+763). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.33% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 23 (+9); 3.93% of total hospital capacity as of 5/14/21.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers (includes the weekend): 34 new confirmed cases, 4 probable cases, 12 (+1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 459 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 89,668 (+354) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/16/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 72,024 (+413). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.55% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 16 (-7); 2.75% of total hospital capacity as of 5/15/21.
trouble
AG
Weird swings with the hospital numbers. Wonder if we had some overly cautious "admit for observation" orders.
Rapier108
trouble said:

Weird swings with the hospital numbers. Wonder if we had some overly cautious "admit for observation" orders.
Perhaps a few small outbreaks at one or more nursing homes. Even with most residents having the vaccine, it is inevitable some will get it, and a few of those will still develop a serious case.

I don't know of any and I would assume any would be small compared to what we used to see; but it wouldn't take much to send hospital numbers up temporary. There was one in Brenham which had an outbreak in March including people who had been vaccinated so it would not be out of the realm of possibility.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
Rapier108 said:

trouble said:

Perhaps a few small outbreaks at one or more nursing homes. Even with most residents having the vaccine, it is inevitable some will get it, and a few of those will still develop a serious case.

I don't know of any and I would assume any would be small compared to what we used to see; but it wouldn't take much to send hospital numbers up temporary. There was one in Brenham which had an outbreak in March including people who had been vaccinated so it would not be out of the realm of possibility.

That's what I originally thought when numbers went up rapidly but a large number of discharges seems odd.
4lilmonkeys
trouble said:

It's got to be the way they report.

A friend of ours died yesterday, been in the hospital for a week. Admittedly I haven't been following the numbers, so I'm wondering if maybe it takes an extra day to catch up and even out?
trouble
AG
The hospital numbers are usually correct because of the way hospital census is reported. Deaths usually lag because of the health dept.

I'm very sorry about your friend.
4lilmonkeys
trouble said:

The hospital numbers are usually correct because of the way hospital census is reported. Deaths usually lag because of the health dept.

I'm very sorry about your friend.
Thank you, I appreciate the clarification and the condolences.
Nosmo
AG
State reporting 251 total deaths as of yesterday's report.

04-02-2021 #242
04-03-2021 #243
04-09-2021 #244
04-11-2021 #245
04-15-2021 #246
04-17-2021 #247
04-20-2021 #248
04-21-2021 #249
04-22-2021 #250 (This is the one added to the state spreadsheet 05-16-21)
04-24-2021 #251
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 25 new confirmed cases, 1 probable case, 11 (-1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,214 tests, 1 death - hospitalized female in her 80's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 90,081 (+413) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/17/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 72,613 (+589). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 38.86% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 17 (+1); 3.03% of total hospital capacity as of 5/16/21.

scd88
AG
There will always be new cases these day and in the future. It won't stop. So, we will have to accept that and understand it will be the new norm, but not one to panic over.

How long should this thread continue? LOL.
ontheedge
I have wondered the same thing. Kind of meaningless at this point.
theNetSmith
AG
Shh. Don't tell MiMi that.
isitjustme
AG
scd88 said:

There will always be new cases these day and in the future. It won't stop. So, we will have to accept that and understand it will be the new norm, but not one to panic over.

How long should this thread continue? LOL.
Real answer - as long as posters keep it going. Not everyone goes to Brazos Health for numbers, but they all come here!

Another real answer - as long as there are yahoos in government who want to implement restrictions based on covid numbers, it's best that as many as possible know those numbers. This thread helps in that process.
jeffk
AG
If you don't want to read, don't click. I appreciate the updates.
trouble
AG
jeffk said:

If you don't want to read, don't click. I appreciate the updates.

This. Take it off your watchlist and don't open it if you aren't interested anymore.
scd88
AG
I'm addicted to this thread in all honesty. I love seeing how the numbers have changed. Lol.
trouble
AG
Same. I'm a nerd and the numbers are interesting to me.
theNetSmith
AG
ditto

jwj
Thanks Mimi. One of the posters made a similar disparaging comment in Jan. Saying they just didn't believe the figures. It was on a different thread
jim james
MiMi
S
Quote:

Thanks Mimi.
You're welcome. I've been stuck working from home for the past 14 months, so keeping up with the numbers in this thread is a welcome distraction.

Many years from now, when it gets bumped to the top, it will be interesting to read back through the data.
Post removed:
by user
toolshed
AG
K-Buttocks! Get it right!
ontheedge
Slocum on a mobile said:

ontheedge said:

I have wondered the same thing. Kind of meaningless at this point.

Where else will the locals get good, honest reporting on the numbers, sure ain't K-Buttox or the buzzard.
Seriously? They are meaningless at this point. They are only as good as the original source which hasn't been very reliable. Look at posts about that all through this thread. It's time to move on from this. I'll leave this for those who want to wallow in it. See ya'.
scd88
AG
I went back to page 1 for old times sake.

Let's just say I'm glad we are where we are with this thing. A lot has happened in a little over a year.

To MiMi, lockett, trouble, etc (I know I've missed some important contributors (sorry) not just responders like me) I'd like to say thank you for keeping up with the count. First round is on me when we meet for a celebratory happy hour as this baby winds down.

No, seriously, I think that's a good idea.
MiMi
S
For those still interested:

Today's numbers: 7 new confirmed cases, 1 probable case, 11 (-0) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 692 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 90,591 (+510) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/18/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 72,861 (+248). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 39% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 22 (+5); 4.03% of total hospital capacity as of 5/17/21.

Post removed:
by user
theNetSmith
AG
scd88 said:

First round is on me...

No, seriously, I think that's a good idea.
me, too!
MiMi
S
Count me in!!
trouble
AG
I'd love to meet all y'all for a drink!
scd88
AG

I love it.
dubi
AG
trouble said:

I'm in and will be maskless!
trouble
AG
dubi said:

trouble said:

I'm in and will be maskless!

I don't think I've seen you in a mask
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.