B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,881 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I took my test by Wehner. There is also one in front of Rudder.

https://tamus.curativeinc.com/welcome
toolshed
AG
That's the one my wife, kids as well as a friend that works at Vet Med and his family went as well. Glad they did a better job with your testing.

At this point it will be interesting to see if the two sets of tests match.

My kids showed relatively no symptoms. My daughter none, other than not being hungry. My 6 year old had fever a day or so, some body aches. But he was his normal happy self even with the symptoms. If they're positive, it will be supportive of the notion that kids are more resilient to this than adults. At least in our small micro study of the four of us.
dubi
AG
JMac03 said:

I took my test by Wehner. There is also one in front back of Rudder.

https://tamus.curativeinc.com/welcome
KidDoc
AG
Just to add to the timing/delay issues-- St Jo is now running all PCR's locally- usually around 3 PM. So you should get your result shortly after they run that panel. So if you get tested @ 3 PM today it will be a bit over 24 hours. If you get tested around 1PM you could get results in a few hours.

I don't know who is running the A&M tests, probably the vet school to be honest.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FlyRod
[Be polite when posting on this board or you will get banned. -Staff]
BlueMiles
AG

Are you not familiar with the Texas (A&M) Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Lab? They do all kinds of tests there. I would not be surprised if they are helping with this.
FlyRod
I'm very familiar with it as two of my closest friends matriculated from it. They are not running the tests.
KidDoc
AG

The vet school has been instrumental locally in ramping in testing. It is not contempt it is fact that the hospitals were using the vet school testing. I do not know who is doing A&M's testing now as I am not in charge of that program.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
lockett93
AG
Thursday's results include:

1 in 90's
1 in 80's
3 in 70's

Region N hospitals at 54 (-3) Covid patients, 16 (+1) in ICU
3 more cases today than last Thursday
38% in the 18-24 age group (15 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 39 new confirmed cases, 22 probable cases, 1,246 tests, 2 deaths, 22 Brazos County patients hospitalized.

Reported deaths were a female in her 70's and a male in his 80's. Both were hospitalized.
new straw
I promised myself I wouldn't post here because I generally disagree with y'all. You want stats I can't give covid is a ***** and it's taking out many nurses locally. Remember. Beds don't equal staffed beds.
new straw
new straw said:

I promised myself I wouldn't post here because I generally disagree with y'all. You want stats I can't give covid is a ***** and it's taking out many nurses locally. Remember. Beds don't equal staffed beds.
please wear your mask. Stay safe, lovelies. I think most hospital nurses world LOVE it if non hospital docs would support us in this. Thanks.
tb9665
I agree. We do not want to be the next El Paso, Lubbock or Amarillo.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 52 new confirmed cases, 39 probable cases, 29 Brazos County patients hospitalized, 470 tests, 0 deaths.
FlyRod
That's quite a jump in hospitalizations. Not good.
aggiemom89
KBtx reporting no ICU beds available in region N.
scd88
AG
What's going on with the ICU all of a sudden?
MiMi
S
Quote:

KBtx reporting no ICU beds available in region N.
Do you have a link to the story? I don't see it on their website or Facebook page. The BCHD website reports for Brazos County (a part of Region N):

Quote:

Total Brazos County Hospital Occupancy (as of 10.29.20)
Total Bed Occupancy: 82%
Total ICU Bed Occupancy: 71%

I don't remember what other counties are in Region N.
lockett93
AG
DSHS data shows 0 ICU available yesterday (they don't update until 4PM)

But they show fewer in ICU than the day before, so the issue is beds were not available due to cleaning or staffing.
aggiemom89
They said it on the noon news show.
Rapier108
Our local numbers have been fairly stable overall without any kind of major spike. The number of cases doesn't match up to the number of hospitalizations, especially given that a huge number, often the majority of daily cases, are from young people. You could infect 100,000 people under 25 and very few would end up in the hospital, much less the ICU, unless they had a preexisting condition(s) which amplified the virus.

I still stand by what I said a while back, there is at least one nursing home with an outbreak; or it is the oddest happenstance that a lot of people getting it just happen to be the most vulnerable.

Okay, back to lurk mode because there are some things I'd love to say in reply to other comments, but I know exactly where that would lead.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
lockett93 said:

DSHS data shows 0 ICU available yesterday (they don't update until 4PM)

But they show fewer in ICU than the day before, so the issue is beds were not available due to cleaning or staffing.

Available is staffed and ready to admit. Not necessarily physical beds.
trouble
AG
scd88 said:

What's going on with the ICU all of a sudden?

Likely the increase in older positives we have seen over the last week or so.
halibut sinclair
https://www.kbtx.com/2020/10/31/state-data-showed-0-icu-beds-in-brazos-valley-region-friday-but-health-district-hospitals-report-beds-available/
halibut sinclair
78 new cases today:

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/10/31/78-new-covid-19-cases-confirmed-by-the-brazos-county-health-district/
scd88
AG
Seems like a little spike is in play. This week has been trending up.

We should be used to these ebbs and flows. No need to panic.
BrazosWifi
Rapier108 said:

I still stand by what I said a while back, there is at least one nursing home with an outbreak; or it is the oddest happenstance that a lot of people getting it just happen to be the most vulnerable.
Still, no random acts of journalism by the media. No questions about the spike in the older population and the possibility of a retirement home being hit again.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 78 new confirmed cases, 14 probable cases, 28 Brazos County patients hospitalized, 93 tests, 0 deaths.
Rapier108
BrazosWifi said:

Rapier108 said:

Still, no random acts of journalism by the media. No questions about the spike in the older population and the possibility of a retirement home being hit again.
I don't do Facebook and deleted my Twitter account, but everyone who has one or both, needs to be hammering every local news outlet and reporter. Probably won't do any good, but its all we have.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
jeffk
AG
I'm sorry. Why are we assuming there's a coverup of an outbreak at a care facility? Earlier similar outbreaks were reported on by local media. BCS does have a lot of elderly residents that don't reside at care facilities.
FlyRod
Yep. And I see ma y of them out and about without masks, every single day.

I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to look at the BCS data on cases among the elderly and parse out those who lived in nursing homes/assisted living vs. those who don't.
nthomas99
AG
jeffk said:

I'm sorry. Why are we assuming there's a coverup of an outbreak at a care facility? Earlier similar outbreaks were reported on by local media. BCS does have a lot of elderly residents that don't reside at care facilities.
Well from what I understand, we only found out about the first one after family members of residents came forward and basically handed the story to the media out of frustration. All of this after numerous health district pressers where officials played dumbfounded that a disproportionate number of elderly were dying in the early days of covid-19.

You could kind of infer the severity of the hospitalizations earlier this fall when BCHD reported discharges, as you can see the turnover rate. Sadly, no more because we aren't entitled to know this.
Rapier108
jeffk said:

As nthomas99, it is pretty easy to infer based on the available information. The BCHD is completely useless in providing information and wouldn't have admitted what was going on at The Waterford until family members went to KBTX and it was finally reported on. Parc at Traditions at least went public on their own.

On that note, just now there was a Broadcastify call to a nursing home (same one I mentioned a while back as having confirmed cases based on previous calls) and the patient is a positive CV case.
lockett93
AG
Rapier108 said:

jeffk said:

As nthomas99, it is pretty easy to infer based on the available information. The BCHD is completely useless in providing information and wouldn't have admitted what was going on at The Waterford until family members went to KBTX and it was finally reported on. Parc at Traditions at least went public on their own.

On that note, just now there was a Broadcastify call to a nursing home (same one I mentioned a while back as having confirmed cases based on previous calls) and the patient is a positive CV case.

Why are you not making the facility name public? The information you have is publicly available... force the media's hand?
jeffk
AG
Ok, yes. The outbreak at the Waterford was covered up (?) by the people on-site, but as soon as the information was presented to the local media, it was well-covered, right?

I'm not saying there aren't people at care facilities getting sick, just wondering why we're attributing new cases and deaths to a new large outbreak that the local media is willfully refusing to cover.

Edit - and if there's evidence of this outbreak that is occurring and you know where it is, why not just say what facility it is?
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.