B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,974 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 38 new confirmed cases, 12 probable cases, 752 tests, 0 deaths, 18 total Brazos County hospitalizations.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/node/94
trouble
AG
Seriously?
dubi
AG
We are only in the year 2020.... Give them another decade for mobile support!
lockett93
AG
We've had 6 cases over 80 years old last 2 days.

Region N hospitals at 29 (+3) Covid patients

1 fewer cases today than last Tuesday

37% in the 18-24 age group (14 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated as much as possible missing the charts from BCHD

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q][/url]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

They changed from 0-14 and 15-19 and it's now 0-9 and 10-19...
tb9665
I wonder if there will be many cases from the game for football players?

From "The Advocate" out of Louisiana.

"Florida football announces 5 players test positive for coronavirus ahead of LSU game"
cavscout96
AG
tb9665 said:

"Florida football announces 5 players test positive for coronavirus ahead of LSU game"
Do you have a positive bone in your body, I mean, like, anywhere...?

I'm sure our folks are getting tested, per protocol. Will you actually celebrate and say "I told you so!" if the do come back positive?

Seriously, it's getting old.
trouble
AG
We have no idea if those 5 were even on the field. If we have positives, they'll be reported.
Rapier108
lockett93 said:

We've had 6 cases over 80 years old last 2 days.
I've been waiting to see if this was going to happen.

About a week or so ago (Edit: October 4th) there was a call to a nursing home for a man with "respiratory problems". The paramedics were told the patient had a confirmed case of coronavirus and to take "all universal precautions."

I won't name the nursing home because I can't verify there is actually an outbreak there. (The Waterford was blatantly obvious just from the massive number of daily EMS calls.) I've only heard one other call there since, and it didn't appear to be coronavirus related. Of course I don't listen to Broadcastify except when at home. It might have been a one off and those over 80 cases you mentioned may just be unfortunate happenstance.

Okay, back to lurk mode.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
scd88
AG
tb9665 said:

From our AD, a quick response:

"We have been in touch with officials at the University of Florida and have also reviewed the available data from the Kinexon contact tracing system deployed by the SEC. At this point, there has been no impact within our football program, but we will continue our regular testing regimen this week and stay diligent with all of our safety protocols."
trouble
AG
More info, it was not just from testing yesterday. It was from last Tuesday's reporting through yesterday. We don't know if those players even traveled.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 27 new confirmed cases, 13 probable cases, 1,793 tests, 0 deaths, 20 total Brazos County hospitalizations.

aggiemom89
Wonder why the sudden rise in COVID hospitalizations?
Bunk Moreland
aggiemom89 said:

Wonder why the sudden rise in COVID hospitalizations?

the group of 80+'s who all tested positive the other day most likely. And if we're guessing they went from a nursing home over to the hospital.
KidDoc
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 27 new confirmed cases, 13 probable cases, 1,793 tests, 0 deaths, 20 total Brazos County hospitalizations.

Interesting on that web page they do not mention mask use.

The public is encouraged to practice general preventive actions:
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
  • Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
  • Stay home when you are sick and keep children home when they are sick.
  • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
  • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
  • Get a flu shot (the flu shot does not protect against COVID-19, it is still flu season).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EBrazosAg
AG
Probably correct. I do know the hospitalizations at one facility have gone from single digits to mid 20s in a couple of weeks. No panic or shortages of supplies however.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 57 new confirmed cases, 14 probable cases, 302 tests, 0 deaths, 17 total Brazos County hospitalizations.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/node/94[url=http://www.brazoshealth.org/node/94][/url]
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 75 new confirmed cases, 11 probable cases, 464 tests, 0 deaths, 18 total Brazos County hospitalizations.

FlyRod
Only 32% of the 75 new cases in the college age group.
The Brazos Kid
Again with the fear mongering clickbait headline...
91_Aggie
AG
That is not going to change since getting clicks is only way media makes money.
Time to put this in the category of "stop fretting about things you cannot change"
90 bull
AG
When my wife worked for a hospital corporation, she always heard that 85% occupancy is the low side of ideal, and 90% is better.
trouble
AG
90 bull said:

When my wife worked for a hospital corporation, she always heard that 85% occupancy is the low side of ideal, and 90% is better.

Yup. And ICU likes to run at least 90% full in order to make money.

The general public doesn't know that though.
KidDoc
AG
90 bull said:

Yes my first thought on the KBTX headline was-- "Hospitals executives are relieved but still hoping for >90% soon"
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 49 new confirmed cases, 18 probable cases, 368 tests, 0 deaths, 13 total Brazos County hospitalizations.
nthomas99
AG
So, have reached that next two weeks yet?
Tailgate88
AG
nthomas99 said:

So, have reached that next two weeks yet?

It seems we signed up for auto-renew.
theNetSmith
AG
what happened to Lockett?
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 29 new confirmed cases, 18 probable cases, 212 tests, 0 deaths, 14 total Brazos County hospitalizations.
MiMi
S
Good question. He is keeping the spreadsheet updated:

Lockett93's Spreadsheet
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 26 new confirmed cases, 2 probable cases, 0 tests, 0 deaths, 15 total Brazos County hospitalizations.

lockett93
AG
I'm back! I did update the major items on the spreadsheet each day, but skipped the Texags post.
I took a little vacation for my 50th birthday.

5 more in the 80 + today, so that's not good... Might explain the increase in hospitalizations.

Region N hospitals at 42 (+8) Covid patients
8 more cases today than last Monday
69% in the 18-24 age group (18 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated as much as possible missing the charts from BCHD

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
trouble
AG
Happy birthday!
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 20 new confirmed cases, 7 new probable cases, 693 tests, 1 death (a female in her 80's who died at home), 13 Brazos County patients hospitalized.
scd88
AG
These numbers have been predictable for a while. They will go down after Thanksgiving and then go back up when the students come back for the Spring semester.

A&M has done as good a job as possible with this and I also have to give props to the students for being as responsible as 18-24 year olds can be. We have been that age and you're most likely a liar if you would have limited your social contact given the situation.

All that to say - is this really "news" anymore? I mean, it's fair to follow the numbers - I love this thread (lol) - but I'm wondering when leadership will recognize this as the norm....that's really what it is for now.
techno-ag
AG
scd88 said:

These numbers have been predictable for a while. They will go down after Thanksgiving and then go back up when the students come back for the Spring semester.

A&M has done as good a job as possible with this and I also have to give props to the students for being as responsible as 18-24 year olds can be. We have been that age and you're most likely a liar if you would have limited your social contact given the situation.

All that to say - is this really "news" anymore? I mean, it's fair to follow the numbers - I love this thread (lol) - but I'm wondering when leadership will recognize this as the norm....that's really what it is for now.
I'm with you. It's become mundane.
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.