B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,094,077 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not going to apologize for being sick and tired of the Doomers.

It's always "not good" or "shouldn't have reopened" or "we're about to be overwhelmed" all of which means they want to go back to shutting everything down, or to go even further this time.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Aggie1205
AG
Rapier108 said:

It's always "not good" or "shouldn't have reopened" or "we're about to be overwhelmed" all of which means they want to go back to shutting everything down, or to go even further this time.

Where are you seeing this? Recent posts? Who is calling for a wuhan style lockdown where people are welded in their homes?
Hammerheadjim
AG
Not sure why we aren't letting this virus burn through the general population and protecting all the vulnerable population. We are getting better with treatment, knowledge of the disease and sanitation. Take out the politics, the Drive by media, and all the harsh lock down philosophy and lets use some common sense..The more detailed info we get the better. Especially from the state and local authorities. Hold them accountable.
Oogway
I'm not asking you to apologize-it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but that isn't necessarily the experience that others have nor does it enable people to learn more. It stifles the information which is helpful to others.

If someone is in the vulnerable demographic and is made aware of the virus and how it works and decides to go out and do whatever it is they wish to do, do you believe that is okay? I do. That's why having information to make decisions is important.

If the medical/health department says, "hey the positivity rate is rising, we're keeping an eye on it, we've got some people hospitalized but we have space but don't forget to keep practicing good hygiene?" do you believe they are fear mongering for a shut-down? I don't.

Texas and Aggieland are not going to be shutting down again. I just don't see that happening. Some things may operate differently for awhile as we learn more about best practices for keeping the spread slow and steady (like the summer camps are right now--operating but with some distancing), but I don't see wholesale shut downs like we had earlier this year.

RGRAg1/75
AG
Aggie1205 said:

Rapier108 said:

Where are you seeing this? Recent posts? Who is calling for a wuhan style lockdown where people are welded in their homes?

Go back one page. 75AG said the situation is "dire" if a second wave comes and if what another poster said is true.

If one side needs to tone it down, the other side does too. Let's just be equal in our criticisms here.
Aggie1205
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Aggie1205 said:

Rapier108 said:

Go back one page. 75AG said the situation is "dire" if a second wave comes and if what another poster said is true.

If one side needs to tone it down, the other side does too. Let's just be equal in our criticisms here.

And the post after says it's not dire. Even 75 Ags own post was saying IF certain things happen, things COULD be dire. I dont even see what sides there are here, no one seems to be calling for a wuhan style lockdown. I didnt criticize Rapier, I asked for examples of what has been claimed several times.

It has been claimed that the Covid board is nothing but "Coronabros" and "doomers" , but I guess I just dont see that when I read that board.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Aggie1205 said:

RGRAg1/75 said:

Aggie1205 said:

Rapier108 said:

And the post after says it's not dire. Even 75 Ags own post was saying IF certain things happen, things COULD be dire. I dont even see what sides there are here, no one seems to be calling for a wuhan style lockdown. I didnt criticize Rapier, I asked for examples of what has been claimed several times.

It has been claimed that the Covid board is nothing but "Coronabros" and "doomers" , but I guess I just dont see that when I read that board.

The quote, for clarity:

"I would like to see data on that. And of course, if we have a second wave, and what you said is true, the outlook is dire."

No "could" in the statement. The point is, there is no impending doom nor is there perfectly normal at this time say, a year ago. Neither is true. It's certainly somewhere in the middle.

And I quit reading coronaboard a month ago. My focus is on my local community and what's going on here.
Aggie1205
AG
I was incorrect on the "could" part. I still don't see substance to back up Rapier's claim that people are calling for a Wuhan style lockdown. That was part of my question originally. I never asked for anyone to "tone it down", simply for evidence.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Aggie1205 said:

I was incorrect on the "could" part. I still don't see substance to back up Rapier's claim that people are calling for a Wuhan style lockdown. That was part of my question originally. I never asked for anyone to "tone it down", simply for evidence.

Fair enough. Guess it was Oogway who asked for the tone down. And all I was saying is both ends of the spectrum need to tone it down, not just one.
Oogway
Thanks, that was all I was asking for really, a little more calmness for the discussion, less on the extremes. Lot of folks lurk and want solid info with discussion specifically with things like the graphics and breakdowns that have been useful. You phrased it a lot nicer than I did. Go with some facts not feelings.
Rapier108
Okay, back on topic.

8 new cases
0 deaths
349 new tests
13 in the hospital (+3, -1)

77801 +1
77802 +1
77803 +3
77808 +1
77840 +1
77845 +1

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.8.20.pdf
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
KidDoc
AG
Rapier108 said:

Okay, back on topic.

8 new cases
0 deaths
349 new tests
13 in the hospital (+3, -1)

77801 +1
77802 +1
77803 +3
77808 +1
77840 +1
77845 +1

http://brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/6.8.20.pdf

Wow I'm surprised by the low positive % relative to the trend.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
Quote:

I didn't think the test results reported every day are from the number of reported tests performed? The reported positives may be from more than one testing date?
KidDoc
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

I didn't think the test results reported every day are from the number of reported tests performed? The reported positives may be from more than one testing date?
Good point!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rapier108
MiMi said:

Quote:

This is correct. This is why there can be days with 0 new tests, but still have new cases.
91_Aggie
AG
The data being given really is almost useless in terms of new tests. Why report on how many people were tested if there are no results from the testing?

If you want to report on how many tested but no results yet for those tests, then say that.
But then add the following stats:
X tested overall
Out of those X, Y have received results
Of the Z results, A were positive, and B were negative.

Then keep a running count each day, adjusting those numbers.

But the way we numbers/results/stats are in a useless manner and that will cause people to think either

1. You are not good at statistics reporting and/or
2. There is something suspect as to why you are releasing such incomplete/useless data. Some agenda behind it.
FamousAgg
I'm expecting a sizable increase towards Thursday Friday since Sanderson Farm is testing every employee this week. Anyone know how many employees they have?
benchmark
AG
Interesting news from WHO that asymptomatic cases don't spread infection. Wouldn't it be nice if local health officials reported symptomatic vs asymptomatic for new community spread cases? Information that would be helpful to area residents to evaluate risk while interacting with the general public.

Link: WHO: Coronavirus patients who don't show symptoms aren't spreading new infections
Rapier108
Okay, from the press conference.

Sullivan's comment about people staying home if one member of the household tests positive tells me that there are people going out after being exposed.

Doctors here in B/CS are using anticoagulant on the severe cases due to the risk of stroke in the severe cases.

Would prefer for people to stay home/local for the upcoming holidays.

Questions (but only if anything useful):

Does not seem to be people getting sick again, despite the reported positive-negative-postive-negative-positive test results. It is the same infection, and a combination of false results, or simply enough of the virus to trip the test. There does seem to be immunity for at least some period of time.

"Recoveries" aren't updating much because many people recover and don't get tested until they get 2 negative results. The BCHD is more focused on active cases and contract tracing then verifying people are "recovered."

Question on why Hispanics have been a lot of the cases and testing more Hispanics and blacks per Gov. Abbott. Sullivan said with Hispanics it is people going to work, and then going home to "crowded conditions" which makes easy spread.

Some state tests are still taking 11-14 days to come back.

Okay, I've got stuff to do.
scd88
AG
It's time for the hysteria to end. We know who the vulnerable people are. We also know this thing isn't going away. The numbers will always increase.

Also, China can piss off.
Rapier108
Running late today.
JP76
KorbinDallas said:

I'm expecting a sizable increase towards Thursday Friday since Sanderson Farm is testing every employee this week. Anyone know how many employees they have?

Any idea why the national guard is there during this testing ?

lockett93
AG
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q/edit

Today's results include:

4 African American
2 Caucasian
24 Hispanic

10 Male, 21 Female

we had:
-1 in 90's
1 in 80's
4 in 70's
2 in 60's
4 in 50's
5 in 40's
5 in 30's
5 in 20's
4 in 15-19
2 in <15

3 in College Station zips
28 in Bryan zips

21 Community
10 Cluster
MiMi
S
824 tests; 31 new cases
Belton Ag
AG
Is there any way we can get a realistic % positive to new test ratio? As has been said repeatedly, raw numbers really don't give us a good idea if this is spreading, growing, receding or what.
MiMi
S
The daily report from the health district shows weekly positivity rates.

http://www.brazoshealth.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/69.20.pdf
trouble
AG
One duplicate reported yesterday. Numbers have been adjusted.

2 additional deaths, male in his 90s, female in her 70s

1 discharge from hospital

30 more recovered
Rapier108
77801 +10
77802 +1
77803 + 18
77808 -1
77840 +3

Here is another question. What does it take to switch a bunch of community spread to cluster, or do they not even bother.

Let's say 20 people are diagnosed and none say they know how they got it. After some checking, the BCHD finds out all 20 attended the same event, and they identify a previously diagnosed positive case was also there.

To me, that would meet the definition of cluster because all of the transmission occurred in one place, at the same time.
lockett93
AG
Belton Ag said:

Is there any way we can get a realistic % positive to new test ratio? As has been said repeatedly, raw numbers really don't give us a good idea if this is spreading, growing, receding or what.
Click my link to my spreadsheet...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
JayHowdy!
lockett93 said:

Belton Ag said:

Click my link to my spreadsheet...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q
Very well done. Thank you.
benchmark
AG
Rapier108 said:

Here is another question. What does it take to switch a bunch of community spread to cluster, or do they not even bother.

Let's say 20 people are diagnosed and none say they know how they got it. After some checking, the BCHD finds out all 20 attended the same event, and they identify a previously diagnosed positive case was also there.

To me, that would meet the definition of cluster because all of the transmission occurred in one place, at the same time.
I've often wondered the same thing!
tb9665
The Houston Chronicle has an article in it that is reporting Texas has seen a 36% increase in hospitalizations since Memorial Day,
AggiePhil
AG
Saw that article. Not good!
tb9665
We are only at the 2 week mark from Memorial Day. We still have Father's Day and July 4th this summer.
Rapier108
And here come the same DOOM posts like clockwork.

Never anything but "not good" or the like.

So what do you all propose we do to prevent Armageddon?
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.