B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

609,227 Views | 4442 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by MiMi
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would be nice to know what percentage of ICU cases are actually coronavirus and how many have been there for 2+ weeks, given KBTX's obsession with always telling us the ICU occupancy is still high as part of their headline.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
jrhmc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know if they are tracking the number of people who live in Brazos County but were vaccinated elsewhere? I know I wasn't nearly the only person at the Washington County site last week.
nthomas99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jrhmc said:

Does anyone know if they are tracking the number of people who live in Brazos County but were vaccinated elsewhere? I know I wasn't nearly the only person at the Washington County site last week.
I can't imagine the county either can or would track this.
AggieBaseball06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jrhmc said:

Does anyone know if they are tracking the number of people who live in Brazos County but were vaccinated elsewhere? I know I wasn't nearly the only person at the Washington County site last week.


They struggle counting deaths which involve death certificates and coroners and doctors.... It's wishful thinking to think they can keep track of a shot in the arm.
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The ICU count is available in the dshs website under additional data and the Combined hospital spreadsheet. Latest number shows 15 Covid ICU in region N out of 64 total in ICU

Also, worldometer has Brazos county at 197 deaths a difference of 16 vs BCHD
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 40 new confirmed cases, 5 probable cases, 41 (+0) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 819 tests, 3 deaths - two hospitalized females in their 60's and one male in his 60's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 13,297 (+174) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/8/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 79 (-4); 13.28% of total hospital capacity as of 2/7/21

Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is very nice to see the decline in hospitalizations. I ran across the news that the numbers are decreasing nationwide, and also that the vaccinations are at ~40 million. A ways to go, but every bit will hopefully help the most vulnerable.
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can you correct the vaccine number? 40,000 Million is a lot. Lol
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lockett93 said:

Can you correct the vaccine number? 40,000 Million is a lot. Lol
That is nationwide first doses, according to Bloomberg News. CDC reports 42 million administered.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

Sorry if there was confusion. It was in reference to the declining hospital numbers here and also nationwide. That's a good thing.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lockett93 said:

Can you correct the vaccine number? 40,000 Million is a lot. Lol


Other regions of our country seem to be much better at/have better access to vaccines.

That's what I've noticed.
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was just poking fun at 40,000 million

My 80+ parents can't seem to get their vaccine in Collin county. Last they heard they were around 60,000 on the wait list in front of them
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gotcha, one cup shy this morning so I whiffed on everything including comprehension this morning. Doesn't bode well for the afternoon.

They're trying to up the number from 10 million shipped out last week up to 11 million next week and go from there.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 100 new confirmed cases, 31 probable cases, 37 (-4 ) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1387 tests, 9 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 14,298 (+1001) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/9/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 62 (-17); 10.06% of total hospital capacity as of 2/8/21
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thinking those 9 deaths aren't all in the same 24 hours since it was noted the other day that the health dept's numbers were off again.
Slocum on a mobile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

Thinking those 9 deaths aren't all in the same 24 hours since it was noted the other day that the health dept's numbers were off again.


...they laid off the person who could count again...
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm really not sure where the breakdown is. I have no confidence in our health department anymore.
Nosmo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
State totals for deaths (as of today) aren't close to accurate for several weeks, as they wait for the official coroner document as a state record. They had the big data correction last summer.

If you have waited on a death certificate, you know it can sometimes take many weeks.

So what happens if a resident of Brazos county dies from Covid in a Harris county hospital, or vice versa?

Is it reported as a Brazos county death, or Harris county?

When is the death reported to local media?

Do they wait for the state to acknowledge it through state records?

These numbers taken in context make sense, but day to day don't.



LSCSN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

So what happens if a resident of Brazos county dies from Covid in a Harris county hospital, or vice versa?

If they're waiting on a death cert, its reported where they passed away. It's on the document. The deceased's address is also on there, so who really knows. So why not both?
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nosmo said:

State totals for deaths (as of today) aren't close to accurate for several weeks, as they wait for the official coroner document as a state record. They had the big data correction last summer.

If you have waited on a death certificate, you know it can sometimes take many weeks.

So what happens if a resident of Brazos county dies from Covid in a Harris county hospital, or vice versa?

Is it reported as a Brazos county death, or Harris county?

When is the death reported to local media?

Do they wait for the state to acknowledge it through state records?

These numbers taken in context make sense, but day to day don't.




But the county numbers don't have to wait on a medical examiner.

Most death certificates are waiting on the attending doctor's signature not the ME unless there is an autopsy ordered.

Reportable deaths are counted in the county of residence.

The health dept is reporting these to the public and the media at the same time for Covid.
Nosmo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm talking about timing of state numbers.

How (timing) does Brazos county know about a resident of Brazos county expiring in another county?

Losing track of time, but a while back Brazos got even with state numbers?

Here's an example:

December 5th date of actual death on state website.

Report date:
Dec 5th: 0
Dec 12th: 52
Dec 19th: 128
Dec 26th: 144
Jan 2nd: 160
Jan 9th: 170
Jan 16th: 177
Jan 23rd: 185
Jan 30: 186
Feb 6th :188
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

I have no confidence in our health department anymore any government entity ever.


Fify. If they don't have skin in the game, they can't be relied upon.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 32 new confirmed cases, 33 probable cases, 35 (-2 ) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1495 tests, 7 deaths - 1 hospitalized female in her 40's, hospitalized male in his 40's, 1 hospitalized male in his 80's, 2 hospitalized females in their 70's, 1 female in her 80's at home, and 1 male in his 80's at home

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 15,039 (+741) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/10/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 66 (+4); 10.39% of total hospital capacity as of 2/9/21
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
active cases now below the July spike and will soon be below the September spike.

maybe/likely the beginning of the end, particularly as vax #'s continue a steady(ish) rise.

as we get the vulnerable vaccinated AND some folks continue to contract, antibodies are being built.

when you factor vax + known infections + correction for asymptomatic and undiagnosed "unknown" infections, you are probably looking (conservatively) in the neighborhood of at least 40-50k folks with some amount of antibodies and immunity. or about one fifth of the BC population. As both infection and vax grow, you are moving toward H.I. at a decent clip, locally, at least.

At that rate, we should be near 60% by Easter weekend. My math was off, July 4th more likely if all else stays the same.

Increases in vax numbers will impact significantly if/when J&J approved in a few weeks.

lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thursday's results include:

16 (+1) Covid ICU beds in use since my last update
-58 PCR cases today than this day last week

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 48 new confirmed cases, 24 probable cases, 32 (-3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1259 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 15,171 (+132) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/11/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 61 (-5); 10.39% of total hospital capacity as of 2/10/21
Born&Raised
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 32 new confirmed cases, 33 probable cases, 35 (-2 ) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1495 tests, 7 deaths - 1 hospitalized female in her 40's, hospitalized male in his 40's, 1 hospitalized male in his 80's, 2 hospitalized females in their 70's, 1 female in her 80's at home, and 1 male in his 80's at home

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 15,039 (+741) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/10/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 66 (+4); 10.39% of total hospital capacity as of 2/9/21



One thing I have always been curious about is those that have passed (God Rest Their Souls)

Are they confirmed BC residents? I remember hearing so much when that young woman passed but now we have had another 30 year old pass away and now those in their 40's and I have not hear much about them.

Just makes me wonder is all.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, they are confirmed residents.

One of this week's 40 year olds lived in CS and had 2 daughters.
Born&Raised
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trouble said:

Yes, they are confirmed residents.

One of this week's 40 year olds lived in CS and had 2 daughters.


Truly heartbreaking - considering we are this close to the end. Did you know them - without breaking privacy?

No one wants to be the last to die in a war... so mentally draining.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Born&Raised said:

trouble said:

Yes, they are confirmed residents.

One of this week's 40 year olds lived in CS and had 2 daughters.


Truly heartbreaking - considering we are this close to the end. Did you know them - without breaking privacy?

No one wants to be the last to die in a war... so mentally draining.


Not personally but I know a couple of the older daughter's teachers
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 32 new confirmed cases, 5 probable cases, 31 (-1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 0 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 15,277 (+106) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/12/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 62 (+1); 10.38% of total hospital capacity as of 2/11/21

MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 63 new confirmed cases, 6 probable cases, 30 (-1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 871 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 15,734 (+457) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/13/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 65 (+3); 10.29% of total hospital capacity as of 2/12/21
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to KBTX, there will no be any updates from the BCHD until Thursday due to the weather.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
nought
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rapier108 said:

According to KBTX, there will no be any updates from the BCHD until Thursday due to the weather.
??? Do the BCHD number-crunchers drive to each hospital to collect the daily numbers? I would assume they are capable of phoning (or taking phone calls from) the various hospitals in town to get the numbers. Likewise, websites don't require you to visit them in person to update the counts.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nought said:

Rapier108 said:

According to KBTX, there will no be any updates from the BCHD until Thursday due to the weather.
??? Do the BCHD number-crunchers drive to each hospital to collect the daily numbers? I would assume they are capable of phoning (or taking phone calls from) the various hospitals in town to get the numbers. Likewise, websites don't require you to visit them in person to update the counts.
All they said is the BCHD will be out of the office until Thursday, so nothing will be put out until then.

There won't be any real testing going on anyway.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or, when there is testing, and we quadruple the daily cases, KBTX will be sure to let us all know Armageddon is here.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.