B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

612,653 Views | 4455 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by scd88
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tb9665 said:

By 2022, most people will have the shot. Therefore, it will hopefully be like getting the flu. Might have to get a shot every year but at least it might be under control.
Won't be anything left by 2022 if we keep destroying what is remaining of our economy.
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just hoping and praying right now that that new highly virulent Covid strain doesn't make its way here, and overwhelm the hospitals.
nought
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlyRod said:

Just hoping and praying right now that that new highly virulent Covid strain doesn't make its way here, and overwhelm the hospitals.

There are multiple strains of COVID-19, just like any other virus. The latest strain the media is fond of hyping is not more virulent. A quote from Fauci:

"Does it make someone more ill? Is it more serious virus in the sense of virulence? And the answer is, it doesn't appear to be that way."

It appears this particular strain might be more infectious, but is not in any way more serious than the other strains. For everyone under the age of 60 (perhaps even 70), for whom the risk from COVID-19 is no worse than the risk of the flu (and indeed in younger people and children, the risk is less than the risk of the flu), there is no reason to not be able to go out and about with normal activities (wear a mask though -- easy enough). For the elderly and those with significant other health concerns, lots of caution, social distancing, and the like should be practiced.

Unfortunately our elected officials treat this as a one size fits all situation, which doesn't really help.
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
tb9665 said:

By 2022, most people will have the shot. Therefore, it will hopefully be like getting the flu. Might have to get a shot every year but at least it might be under control.
I don't really care.

Even if the shut downs are over, the politicians that pulled this crap need to be gone.

All of them.

I hate recall elections, but if a legit one gets started, I would sign it.


joho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tb9665 said:

By 2022, most people will have the shot. Therefore, it will hopefully be like getting the flu. Might have to get a shot every year but at least it might be under control.
Oh hey, we're not allowed to compare this to the flu, that was made very clear to us back in March 2020
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

LSCSN said:

Would love to know the breakdown of hospitalizations....age and if they're from a long term care facility. Simple stuff. Too hard for the government I suspect.
Probably 3/4 or more are from nursing homes, especially in Brazos County, but they would never reveal that, or care of 100% were. They love the power of putting their boots to our necks, and pressing down hard, while telling us how much they're protecting us.
Those nursing home patients have not been in bars..... So closing bars is stupid.

The underpaid and under appreciated folks who do work in nursing homes probably don't have the extra money to bar hop.

So they have zero evidence to close bars completely.

/rant over
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Quote:

Those nursing home patients have not been in bars..... So closing bars is stupid.
Quote:

So they have zero evidence to close bars completely.


Exactly.

I don't even go to bars and this is making my blood boil.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
According to the KBTX story, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC Dashboard) updated it's dashboard today, removing Brazos, Grimes, Burleson, and Washington Counties from its list of counties allowed to have bars open.
jwj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiMi, Trouble and others who have a conservative bent do so much on this thread that helps people. Let's appreciate their work.
jim james
Slocum on a mobile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What the heck did I miss? Lol.

Let's not panic, folks. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. This time, I don't think it's a train.

One day, we are gonna get together for a happy hour or some driveway drinking and just laugh and laugh...

No, seriously, we need to drink some. Celebrate this **** when it's over at some point in 2021.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got a great big driveway and lots of booze
The Brazos Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
scd88 said:

What the heck did I miss? Lol.

Let's not panic, folks. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. This time, I don't think it's a train.

One day, we are gonna get together for a happy hour or some driveway drinking and just laugh and laugh...

No, seriously, we need to drink some. Celebrate this **** when it's over at some point in 2021.


You're gonna need your driveway because there won't be any bars left to go to at that point.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

I got a great big driveway and lots of booze


Thanks for hosting.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Touche, sir. Well played.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hell, I'll even make pie
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bexar County too. Evidently a lot of places are falling under the state mandate this New Year.
Climate change is natural.
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

I got a great big driveway and lots of booze


You have years worth of booze!
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

Rapier108 said:

Sadly, there is another nursing home with an outbreak. Couple of EMS runs today for a place I hadn't heard any before, one for a person with a confirmed case, the other with an assumed positive case, but the test results weren't back yet.


Just curious, how do you catch all these calls? Are you listening to Broadcastify non-stop?
If I'm home, I often have it running in the background if I'm on the computer.

I run it far more often since all this crap started because it is one of the few ways to get information that our dear leaders refuse to give out.


No negativity, genuinely curious. I always appreciate your insight and your commentary here and f16; I think we'd be good friends in real life.
.
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 86 new confirmed cases, 41 probable cases, 50 (+9) Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1103 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 679 people vaccinated with at least one dose. There are an estimated 12,034 people in Phase 1A (frontline and vulnerable population).
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 86 new confirmed cases, 41 probable cases, 50 (+9) Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1103 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 679 people vaccinated with at least one dose. There are an estimated 12,034 people in Phase 1A (frontline and vulnerable population).


My mom lives at Arbor Oaks and she is one of those 679 vaccinations!
lockett93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tuesday's results include:

109 (+4) Covid in hospital
-8 PCR cases today than this day last week
15% in the 18-24 age group (13 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
Slocum on a mobile
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife runs a doctor's office and has been vaccinated with the first shot.
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

My wife runs a doctor's office and has been vaccinated with the first shot.


How is she feeling?
AggiePhil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Getting mine today. Very exciting!
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 71 new confirmed cases, 125 probable cases, 48(-2) Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1103 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 731 people vaccinated with at least one dose. There are an estimated 12,034 people in Phase 1A (frontline and vulnerable population).

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 107(-2); 16.93% of total hospital capacity

Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KBTX out with their daily fear porn over the ICU numbers, implying it is all coronavirus patients (it isn't even close to being all of them).

We saw this before in the summer. The number of ICU beds fluctuates all the time and it doesn't take much in normal life to suddenly increase the number of people in ICU.
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

KBTX out with their daily fear porn over the ICU numbers, implying it is all coronavirus patients (it isn't even close to being all of them).

We saw this before in the summer. The number of ICU beds fluctuates all the time and it doesn't take much in normal life to suddenly increase the number of people in ICU.
you mean like multiple serious car accidents during high travel season.... two helo evacs from Washington County in the last 72 hours or so.....
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 71 new confirmed cases, 125 probable cases, 48(-2) Brazos county residents hospitalized, 1103 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 731 people vaccinated with at least one dose. There are an estimated 12,034 people in Phase 1A (frontline and vulnerable population).

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 107(-2); 16.93% of total hospital capacity


~6%

do we have a solid definition of "vulnerable population"

is the slow pace due to:
  • lack of supply
  • poor process
  • resistance to being vaccinated
  • lack of resources to administer the shots (space, workers, super-cooling facilities, etc..
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Quote:

do we have a solid definition of "vulnerable population"
According to the Texas Dept. of State Health Services, they are individuals who are at greater risk of severe disease and death if they contract COVID-19. For Phase 1A of vaccination in Texas, it appears to be residents of long-term care facilities. Phase 1B individuals can also get the vaccine, depending on availability and vaccine provider.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine.aspx

Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Locations
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

KBTX out with their daily fear porn over the ICU numbers, implying it is all coronavirus patients (it isn't even close to being all of them).

We saw this before in the summer. The number of ICU beds fluctuates all the time and it doesn't take much in normal life to suddenly increase the number of people in ICU.


I made the mistake of trying to talk sense on their Facebook post about it. Some day, I'll learn.
LSCSN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A member of our household got the vaccine. So far no side effects.
backinbcs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MiMi said:

Quote:

do we have a solid definition of "vulnerable population"
According to the Texas Dept. of State Health Services, they are individuals who are at greater risk of severe disease and death if they contract COVID-19. For Phase 1A of vaccination in Texas, it appears to be residents of long-tern care facilities. Phase 1B individuals can also get the vaccine, depending on availability and vaccine provider.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine.aspx

Texas COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Locations
HEB on Fitch will not do 1B according to their Pharmacy recording.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trouble said:

Rapier108 said:

KBTX out with their daily fear porn over the ICU numbers, implying it is all coronavirus patients (it isn't even close to being all of them).

We saw this before in the summer. The number of ICU beds fluctuates all the time and it doesn't take much in normal life to suddenly increase the number of people in ICU.


I made the mistake of trying to talk sense on their Facebook post about it. Some day, I'll learn.
I used to say stuff to them on Twitter. Got attacked by several of their employees and eventually the main KBTX Twitter account blocked me.

Deleted Twitter months ago and never used Bookface, so no way for me to tell them off since they quit allowing comments on stories because too many people called out their BS, and one was an insane troll who would visit their office to demand others be banned.
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup. Not until corporate okays it.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.