I just shopped at _____ and they had _______

17,956 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by txgardengirl
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bucketrunner said:

Gonna need more beer to handle this. Is there a drive through possibility here?
New Republic and Blackwater Draw are both doing curbside.
Pantera
AG
Dollar General in Boonville has everything aside from TP. Was able to get hand-soap and a couple of cases of water.
legalbird
I see why people shop at HEB. Went to Kroger on Hwy 6. Parking lot trashed out and filthy birds everywhere
jrhmc
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Favor delivers beer and wine from HEB
halibut sinclair
jrhmc said:

Bucketrunner said:

Favor delivers beer and wine from HEB
Nope:

https://favordelivery.com/faq/can-alcohol-delivered

Quote:

As of March 19, all orders that require an ID check (i.e., tobacco and alcohol) are temporarily suspended to provide a fully contactless delivery experience for the safety of our Runners and customers.

cavscout96
AG
strauss12 said:

Dollar General in Boonville has everything aside from TP. Was able to get hand-soap and a couple of cases of water.
cavscout96
AG
cavscout96 said:

strauss12 said:

Why water? is there a threat to the water supply that has rendered water from the tap unsafe?
Pantera
AG
...or maybe i just like bottled water? I'm not saying it was a necessity, but seeing as how a lot of stores don't have any I thought I would let people on here know.

Thumbs up for your helpful comment though!!!
cavscout96
AG
anytime......
txgardengirl
Big Lots - I picked up paper towels and sparkling water. Looked well stocked in the food area. Off the beaten path and bonus - I was the only one there

Twin Liquors - everything you can think of and it smelled like bleach they had cleaned so much - four stars
jrhmc
AG
Blue Baker has added to what you can pick up from them.

Grocery Items
Got milk? We do!
And Toilet Paper, eggs, flour and lots of freshly baked bread along with 70+ other items...order for Home Delivery or Pickup at our window.

Think of Blue Baker as your local mini-grocery / convenience store (with a pickup window and home delivery!) And let us know what else you need.

• Toilet Paper
  • Flour
  • Avocados
  • Bananas
  • Tomatoes
  • Asparagus
  • Rice
  • Cage-free brown eggs
  • Pints of Blue Bell Ice Cream
Bucketrunner
Thanks for the info. Just placed an order at Twin Cities.
gunan01
AG
Check out Smoosh Cookies next to Oishi Sushi at Jones Crossing.

I went yesterday and they said I was the first customer in 6+ hours. They opened up in early March. Fantastic cookies and gourmet cookie ice cream sandwiches. Looks like a chain out of Houston that I'm sure is being decimated by virus and lack of students.
TaterTot_09
As of 9:00AM no tp at Walgreens on Greens Prairie, also no children's tylenol. Went to Fitch Heb and they had both but tp was almost gone. Heb was also out of frozen popsicles in case you were wondering.
FlyRod
Farm Patch well stocked and at least trying to enforce social distancing...signs everywhere and limiting number of people in store. Village Foods doing this too.
annie88
AG
HEB towerpoint right now is stocked very well.

Edit: except pasta, rice, peanut butter but lots of meat and fresh vegetables.
theNetSmith
AG
Bucketrunner said:

The Discount Tobacco store on 29th (a little bit south of BHS) has a drive-thru and they sell beer. The guy working there is wearing a mask and rubber gloves.
MisterShipWreck
annie88 said:

HEB towerpoint right now is stocked very well.

Edit: except pasta, rice, peanut butter but lots of meat and fresh vegetables.
Is there still a line to get in, or is that only when they open? DIdn't know if they were still limiting people in the store...
theNetSmith
AG
According to a co-worker, the Jones Crossing HEB is limiting the number of ppl allowed in the store at the same time. He had to wait in line approx. 30 minutes to get in last night (don't know what time that was).
pacecar02
Bleach?
MisterShipWreck
theNetSmith said:

According to a co-worker, the Jones Crossing HEB is limiting the number of ppl allowed in the store at the same time. He had to wait in line approx. 30 minutes to get in last night (don't know what time that was).
Ok. I don't really wanna stand in a line with a bunch of people. Thanks
RDH80
AG
No TP or paper towels at Kroger /longmire at 7 am
amanda04
AG
I drove through the Jones Crossing HEB parking lot yesterday around 4:30 p.m. There was a decent amount of cars in the parking lot and no line to get inside the store.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Anyone know of a spot for Purell and Lysol Disinfectant spray? Also looking for spaghetti and penne.
bushytailed
AG
No TP at Sams at 10:30am today.
MisterShipWreck
amanda04 said:

I drove through the Jones Crossing HEB parking lot yesterday around 4:30 p.m. There was a decent amount of cars in the parking lot and no line to get inside the store.
Thanks!
annie88
AG
theNetSmith said:

That's actually a stupid thing to do. They're better off letting people come and go freely, when you make them stand in lines there closer to each other. People are way overthinking this. It has worked fine the last week or two just keep your distance in the store. Good Lord
BCSWguru
HEB on Villa Maria had no TP at 1130 this morning, however they had most of everything else including paper towels. Also no disinfectant wipes, but thats a lost cause.
halibut sinclair
Prostar Industries in Bryan has TP, disinfectant, tissues, gloves, paper towels, napkins, bleach, etc. You can buy online and pick up in one hour.

https://prostarsupplies.square.site
bushytailed
AG
Aldi has a lot of produce on hand and is trying to sell it. I was tipped off by a friend and managed to get several things dirt cheap.

Blackberries for 50-cents/half pint. Two-packs of broccoli crowns for 50-cents. Bags of spinach for $1. Pineapples for 85-cents. Packs of whole mushrooms for 79-cents. Bags of spinach for $1. Iceberg salad packs for either 25 or 50-cents (can't remember, didn't buy those).

Didn't look at anything else because I just wanted to get in and out quickly.
Rapier108
HEB at Tower Point had everyone waiting in line earlier today.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
JayMM_02
AG
HEB on VM is running on reduced power due to outage in area, so all the refrigerated units are sealed off. Didn't see if they're letting people get stuff, but the fridgeD areas are taped off. People also don't know how to give others space. Even though there are signs everywhere!!
Rapier108
JayMM_02 said:

HEB on VM is running on reduced power due to outage in area, so all the refrigerated units are sealed off. Didn't see if they're letting people get stuff, but the fridgeD areas are taped off. People also don't know how to give others space. Even though there are signs everywhere!!
The BTU Outage maps shows they've fixed the problem.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggiemom89
For people that are doing H-E-B curbside, are you getting most of the stuff you ordered?
theNetSmith
AG
aggiemom89 said:

For people that are doing H-E-B curbside, are you getting most of the stuff you ordered?
I placed an online order with the Jones Crossing HEB on Saturday and picked it up on Tuesday.. most of my order was fulfilled with a couple minor substitutions that were equivalent and didn't bother me. For example, I was able to order a 12-roll package of Cottonelle toilet paper, and it was replaced with a 6-roll package of Angel Soft. I was just relieved that I got any tp!

Initially, I had placed the above order for pickup at the Tower Point HEB, but the earliest pickup slot was on Friday (6 days later), so I tried at Jones Crossing and got a much sooner pickup (only 3 days wait). I placed another online order today (again with Jones Crossing) and was able to get a Saturday evening pickup time, but I doubt they have any Saturday pickup slots available now.

Overall, I am very pleased with the HEB online ordering and curbside pickup.

Noticed when I ordered today that, even though the curbside pickup is free, there is a 3% charge per item for online orders.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.