I just shopped at _____ and they had _______

17,890 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by txgardengirl
AggieBaseball06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm only getting about 50-60% of it.
theNetSmith
AG
I just reviewed my previous order. I wanted 14 items and I received 13 items with 2 substitutions. Got a little more ambitious with my next order and it contains 36 items.

It's hard to shop for groceries knowing that you're not going to get them for several days. Under normal circumstances, I just drive to the store and get whatever my "immediate needs" are, but now I'm having to try to guess what those needs are going to be at some point in the future.
theNetSmith
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

I'm only getting about 50-60% of it.
I'm sure it all depends on what you're trying to order.

Interestingly, when I had Tower Point selected as "my store" it was possible to put a couple of things in my basket that I found out later couldn't be fulfilled. When I switched to Jones Crossing, I searched for those same things and they weren't even available to be selected.. they were particular kinds of juice that I expected all HEB's usually stock, but they just weren't options at all at the Jones Crossing store.
aggiemom89
Thanks. I'm ordering from the Tejas Center location, and it seemed like everything was in stock on their website. Just wasn't sure if I'm going to be disappointed when I go to pick it up.
turfman80
AG
I went to the Bryan Kroger's around 4 this afternoon. Full produce section, good meat and even lunch meat selection, along with milk, eggs and other dairy. Canned and dried foods were fairly sparse and of course, all paper goods were out. The only item I wanted that was out was corn tortillas. Very light crowd also.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
12thmandy
AG
Anyone know where to find disinfectant spray at this point? Still have to work outside my home and need a way to spray everything down when I get home, but can't find anything anywhere.
JP76
If anyone is looking for bleach there is currently around 100 gallons at the Lowes in Bryan
aggiepaintrain
AG
HEB on Holeman had TP and PT''s, one per customer.
This was at 8:15am today

Sams nothing except bleach at 12pm

FJB
BQ_90
AG
Kroger Rock P

No TP, little rice. Most fresh stuff, eggs, limited milk.

My guess is most have hoarded enough tp and rice to supply 2 NVA battalions
threecatcorner
HEB on Texas and Holleman has switched to the 8-8 hours. They said that, when they open, there is usually a line of people asking for toilet paper and an employee handing it out. Pretty sure the toilet paper and paper towels disappear almost as soon as they try to restock them, sometimes just going directly into customers' carts and not even hitting the actual shelves.
turfman80
AG
What is the freaking deal with the toilet paper? I bought a 12 pack 3 weeks ago when the TP crisis first started to gain traction and still have multiple rolls left. Maybe these hoarders need to reduce their roughage, or their Taco Bell take out.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Rapier108
turfman80 said:

What is the freaking deal with the toilet paper? I bought a 12 pack 3 weeks ago when the TP crisis first started to gain traction and still have multiple rolls left. Maybe these hoarders need to reduce their roughage, or their Taco Bell take out.
You have idiots buying as much as they can get their hands on because they think there suddenly won't be anymore and the entire country is going the way of Mad Max or The Walking Dead. This causes others to start doing the same, because they see the available amounts quickly disappearing. They don't believe that Armageddon is coming, but don't want to be left without any at all. Then even more people start buying it for the same reason.

It a never ending cycle that will probably continue until the Kung Flu is under control.

I can understand buying a lot if one has a gut issue, but needing 20-50 12 packs is massive over kill for almost everyone in the country.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
AggieBaseball06
AG
Rapier108 said:

turfman80 said:

You have idiots buying as much as they can get their hands on because they think there suddenly won't be anymore and the entire country is going the way of Mad Max or The Walking Dead. This causes others to start doing the same, because they see the available amounts quickly disappearing. They don't believe that Armageddon is coming, but don't want to be left without any at all. Then even more people start buying it for the same reason.

It a never ending cycle that will probably continue until the Kung Flu is under control.

I can understand buying a lot if one has a gut issue, but needing 20-50 12 packs is massive over kill for almost everyone in the country.

Preach. It's a stupid self-fulfilling prophecy.
cz308
Stay the hell away from Longmire Walmart, the place is packed. Jones Crossing HEB wasn't bad, the employees are cleaning the carts for you and there is hand sanitizer at the front that they are wanting you to use. Plenty of paper towels at HEB, no TP.
EliteElectric
Just left Kroger on Booneville they had TP
halibut sinclair
Obligatory - *Boonville

Sorry

Not sorry
BCSWguru
You are a godsend, got TP at Kroger.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Stay the hell away from Longmire Walmart, the place is packed.

Agreed. I made the mistake of going this afternoon. No one understood what social distancing means. Entire families walking down the aisle, an infant in a car seat, two women hugging each other when saying hello. As I was reaching for one of the last jars of pasta sauce, a women squeezes between me and shelf and proceeds to thoughtfully stare at the selection in front of her. I got out of there as fast as I could.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Stay the hell away from Longmire Walmart, the place is packed.

Agreed. I made the mistake of going this afternoon. No one understood what social distancing means. Entire families walking down the aisle, an infant in a car seat, two women hugging each other when saying hello. As I was reaching for one of the last jars of pasta sauce, a women squeezes between me and shelf and proceeds to thoughtfully stare at the selection in front of her. I got out of there as fast as I could.

Similar experience at that WM. Was headed to antacid isle and as I turned the corner into it it had literally 15 people jammed into all within less than a foot of one another looking at various things within that isle. I quickly held my breath, grabbed my prilosec, and got outa there. Thought to myself "if I get Covid this is the moment I'll point to as when it happened...in that isle at that moment " Ya maybe a bit of an overreaction but it is what it is. WM needs to control this better.
jskin261
Anyone seen half & half creamer on the shelf at a local store?
Tailgate88
AG
jskin261 said:

Anyone seen half & half creamer on the shelf at a local store?

Blue Baker has it and a bunch of other groceries. Order online and drive thru to pick up.
MiMi
S
Kudos to Blue Baker for adding groceries to their menu. According to their Facebook page, this is what Blue Baker has available:

Please tell us what you need. Here's what we've got so far:
Apples
Asparagus
Avocados
Banana
Black Beans
Blackberries
Blueberries
Bottled Water
Butter Unsalted
Cantaloupe
Chicken Salad
Chips
Coffee Beans
Corn
Cream Cheese
Cucumbers
Eggs
Flour
Grapes
Green Bell Peppers
Half & Half
Ice
Ice Cream
Iced Tea
Lemonade
Lemons
Limes
Mandarin Orange
Milk
Napkins
Oats
OJ
Onions
Oranges
Paper Towels
Pineapple
Portabella Mushrooms
Raspberries
Red Bell Peppers
Rice
Romaine Lettuce
Sanitizing Wipes
Spinach
Spring Mix
Strawberries
Sugar
Swiss Cheese
Toilet Paper
Tomatoes
Zucchini
pacecar02
Walmart at 2818 and Villa Maria had bleach yesterday around noon.
I picked up a bunch of groceries at Blue Baker on Dominik yesterday. It was easy as could be. Fresh food was all very good quality. I got everything that I ordered (unlike HEB, which is doing its best, I'm sure to fulfill orders but I get many deletions on every order). I'd highly recommend it to others.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Anybody found yeast recently? Not sure why it's been on the hoarders list.
EMY92
AG
All of the folks that have never baked a thing in the life decided to take it up while locked down.
cavscout96
AG
I didn't see a single empty shelf at tower point today.

Even had TP and paper towels

Oh.....they were out of buttermilk. Had to swing by Kroger on RP. They seemed even better stocked than TP HEB.

Capitalism is amazing....
MiMi
S
Quote:

I just returned from Towerpoint HEB. The entire paper products aisle was empty. The pasta aisle had a few packages of pasta but they finally restocked their pizza sauce. Limited selection of laundry detergent. No disinfectant sprays or wipes. Still no thermometers. And no green tea (that wasn't either decaf or flavored). Lots of produce and dairy, and a good meat selection.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

Anybody found yeast recently? Not sure why it's been on the hoarders list.

All I needed to do was ask, Tejas Center Heb had some dry yeast just now
RGRAg1/75
AG
cavscout96 said:

Oh.....they were out of buttermilk. Had to swing by Kroger on RP. They seemed even better stocked than TP HEB.

Capitalism is amazing....

What time was this? At noonish or shortly after, there were no paper products.
halibut sinclair
Kroger in Bryan had lots of TP about 30 minutes ago.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Do you know if they had pasta, sugar, or flour?
Tailgate88
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Do you know if they had pasta, sugar, or flour?

Blue Baker has flour and sugar for drive thru pick up!
EliteElectric
halibut sinclair said:

Obligatory - *Boonville

Sorry

Not sorry
Sorry, I throw myself at the mercy of the court, but first would like to add that voice to text seems to have the silly notion that Boonville is actually spelled Booneville, so I blame technology.

Mercy please.
txgardengirl
Readfield Meats & Market - all the meat I could dream of, cheese, baked beans, seasonings, butter, and a yummy lunch as well as a rotisserie chicken for dinner

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.