Aggieland
Sponsored By

Suddenlink Outage?

Demon 8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
Anyone else down? I am between Eagle and Graham
rsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
AG
Got a note from our tech person that our office (Hwy 6 & Emerald Pkwy) was without internet. Suddenlink reporting some 7000 in the area without service for now.
Demon 8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
It sucks that they have monopolized this area. No other options
Texan593
How long do you want to ignore this user?
V
And I was about to throw $100 on Facebook ads for my business. Right when I was about to his submit, it went down.

Not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign...
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
S
I'm in dove crossing. Been working all night
Demon 8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
H
It's back up now, but very slow
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Was off on on much of,the night, seems to be back to normal now
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
There was an announcement earlier in the week that Suddenlink would be down to make upgrades in the area. Not sure if it was set for tonight or when, but it could be tonight.
InMyOpinion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
Demon 8 said:

It sucks that they have monopolized this area. No other options


There are other options - just not as good
BrazosWifi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
V
InMyOpinion said:

Demon 8 said:

It sucks that they have monopolized this area. No other options


There are other options - just not as good


True.
RockofAges
How long do you want to ignore this user?
P
InMyOpinion said:

Demon 8 said:

It sucks that they have monopolized this area. No other options


There are other options - just not as good


What are these other Options? thought we only had suddenlink
AC Hopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
S
It's good to hear they are upgrading something.
Wonder what it is?!
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
I'd really like to thank Suckinglink for this outage. We got no advance notice and I ended up having to work three hours into the evening because I had a Friday deadline. Had I known about the fact that it was going to be down, I could have contacted my boss and tried to work in some extra lead time. I was scared I wouldn't even be able to get it done at all last night but thankfully it came back on at about 8:30.

And by the way, Suckinglink, it isn't a "service interruption," which is what your recording said when I called to report the outage. It's actually a huge freaking inconvenience. I wasn't trying to play Candy Crush, it's my JOB here!
BrazosWifi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
V
meezermom said:

I'd really like to thank Suckinglink for this outage. We got no advance notice and I ended up having to work three hours into the evening because I had a Friday deadline. Had I known about the fact that it was going to be down, I could have contacted my boss and tried to work in some extra lead time. I was scared I wouldn't even be able to get it done at all last night but thankfully it came back on at about 8:30.

And by the way, Suckinglink, it isn't a "service interruption," which is what your recording said when I called to report the outage. It's actually a huge freaking inconvenience. I wasn't trying to play Candy Crush, it's my JOB here!


If internet is mission critical, you should have a backup connection. Hotspots from your cellular provider can be had for as little as $20/mo.

Or you could order a fiber line with guarantees for the low low price of $1000/mo. There are options but your cable modem alone is not going to give you any guarantees.
curry97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
I had several pop up notices on my browser over a couple days leading up to it.
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
curry97 said:

I had several pop up notices on my browser over a couple days leading up to it.
Same here. It's hard to miss.
meezermom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
I'm sure it's hard to miss IF it pops up, but I'm on for about 10 hours a day (and there are 3 other users in the house) and we never got a notice from them about the outage. I've seen them before, but certainly not this time. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised ... it is Suddenlink.
InMyOpinion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
Kitten With A Whip said:

curry97 said:

I had several pop up notices on my browser over a couple days leading up to it.
Same here. It's hard to miss.
Yep

multiple devices, several popups for over a week
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
Anyone else just lose their picture? I have sound but no picture on several channels.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AggieAces06 said:

Anyone else just lose their picture? I have sound but no picture on several channels.
Mine cut out for about 5 minutes, but some of the low number channels still came through. Some have come back, but others are still out.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
ESPN out on suddenlink
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
AG
I got a few lower numbers but that's it. Suddenstink at it again.
Kitten With A Whip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
Mine is fine. WPC area.
WonkaTXRanger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
R
We had our Suddenlink internet and phones go out on Friday night here at The Chocolate Gallery. It's wasn't just any Friday, it had to be a FIRST FRIDAY! Our point of sales system run through the internet so we weren't able to take credit cars on our regular registers. Thank God we had the Square reader as a backup register. If a squirrel got fried on a piece of their equipment I understand, but if it was a scheduled outage why would they choose Friday night especially for business accounts???
theycallmemrtibbs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
V
Anybody's else bill go up $6 this month? Anyone bothered to call and find out why? My service certainly didn't get any better, why am I paying more??
Stucco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
WonkaTXRanger said:

We had our Suddenlink internet and phones go out on Friday night here at The Chocolate Gallery. It's wasn't just any Friday, it had to be a FIRST FRIDAY! Our point of sales system run through the internet so we weren't able to take credit cars on our regular registers. Thank God we had the Square reader as a backup register. If a squirrel got fried on a piece of their equipment I understand, but if it was a scheduled outage why would they choose Friday night especially for business accounts???
Oh the irony...

UglyScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A
theycallmemrtibbs said:

Anybody's else bill go up $6 this month? Anyone bothered to call and find out why? My service certainly didn't get any better, why am I paying more??
Mine did. Except it actually went up $12 with taxes. From $79 to $91 for just internet. I really wish there were other viable options in this town.
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
Yep, mine went up about $12 as well.
justcallmeharry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L
S
Rapier108 said:

AggieAces06 said:

Mine cut out for about 5 minutes, but some of the low number channels still came through. Some have come back, but others are still out.

This has happened to mine on a regular basis over the past couple of weeks. There seems to be no regular pattern as to when it will occur.

I am starting to get used to it.
vxv
How long do you want to ignore this user?
R
WonkaTXRanger, email me at logan (at) vxvcommunications.com. We cover all of downtown Bryan and can get you internet and phones with a direct feed from the datacenter(s) nearby. 50mbps up to gig (if you for some reason needed so much). Better. Cheaper. Local.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Membership Benefits >