Suddenlink Outage?

4,530 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FlyRod
Love Gun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else down? I am between Eagle and Graham
rsa
AG
Got a note from our tech person that our office (Hwy 6 & Emerald Pkwy) was without internet. Suddenlink reporting some 7000 in the area without service for now.
Love Gun
It sucks that they have monopolized this area. No other options
The Brazos Kid
And I was about to throw $100 on Facebook ads for my business. Right when I was about to his submit, it went down.

Not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign...
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I'm in dove crossing. Been working all night
Love Gun
It's back up now, but very slow
BQ_90
AG
Was off on on much of,the night, seems to be back to normal now
Kitten With A Whip
There was an announcement earlier in the week that Suddenlink would be down to make upgrades in the area. Not sure if it was set for tonight or when, but it could be tonight.
InMyOpinion
Demon 8 said:

There are other options - just not as good
BrazosWifi
InMyOpinion said:

Demon 8 said:

True.
RockofAges
InMyOpinion said:

Demon 8 said:

What are these other Options? thought we only had suddenlink
AC Hopper
S
It's good to hear they are upgrading something.
Wonder what it is?!
meezermom
I'd really like to thank Suckinglink for this outage. We got no advance notice and I ended up having to work three hours into the evening because I had a Friday deadline. Had I known about the fact that it was going to be down, I could have contacted my boss and tried to work in some extra lead time. I was scared I wouldn't even be able to get it done at all last night but thankfully it came back on at about 8:30.

And by the way, Suckinglink, it isn't a "service interruption," which is what your recording said when I called to report the outage. It's actually a huge freaking inconvenience. I wasn't trying to play Candy Crush, it's my JOB here!
BrazosWifi
meezermom said:

I'd really like to thank Suckinglink for this outage. We got no advance notice and I ended up having to work three hours into the evening because I had a Friday deadline. Had I known about the fact that it was going to be down, I could have contacted my boss and tried to work in some extra lead time. I was scared I wouldn't even be able to get it done at all last night but thankfully it came back on at about 8:30.

And by the way, Suckinglink, it isn't a "service interruption," which is what your recording said when I called to report the outage. It's actually a huge freaking inconvenience. I wasn't trying to play Candy Crush, it's my JOB here!

If internet is mission critical, you should have a backup connection. Hotspots from your cellular provider can be had for as little as $20/mo.

Or you could order a fiber line with guarantees for the low low price of $1000/mo. There are options but your cable modem alone is not going to give you any guarantees.
curry97
AG
I had several pop up notices on my browser over a couple days leading up to it.
Kitten With A Whip
curry97 said:

Same here. It's hard to miss.
meezermom
I'm sure it's hard to miss IF it pops up, but I'm on for about 10 hours a day (and there are 3 other users in the house) and we never got a notice from them about the outage. I've seen them before, but certainly not this time. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised ... it is Suddenlink.
InMyOpinion
Kitten With A Whip said:

curry97 said:

Same here. It's hard to miss.
Yep

multiple devices, several popups for over a week
AggieAces06
AG
Anyone else just lose their picture? I have sound but no picture on several channels.
Rapier108
AggieAces06 said:

Anyone else just lose their picture? I have sound but no picture on several channels.
Mine cut out for about 5 minutes, but some of the low number channels still came through. Some have come back, but others are still out.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ESPN out on suddenlink
AggieAces06
AG
I got a few lower numbers but that's it. Suddenstink at it again.
Kitten With A Whip
Mine is fine. WPC area.
WonkaTXRanger
We had our Suddenlink internet and phones go out on Friday night here at The Chocolate Gallery. It's wasn't just any Friday, it had to be a FIRST FRIDAY! Our point of sales system run through the internet so we weren't able to take credit cars on our regular registers. Thank God we had the Square reader as a backup register. If a squirrel got fried on a piece of their equipment I understand, but if it was a scheduled outage why would they choose Friday night especially for business accounts???
theycallmemrtibbs
Anybody's else bill go up $6 this month? Anyone bothered to call and find out why? My service certainly didn't get any better, why am I paying more??
Stucco
WonkaTXRanger said:

We had our Suddenlink internet and phones go out on Friday night here at The Chocolate Gallery. It's wasn't just any Friday, it had to be a FIRST FRIDAY! Our point of sales system run through the internet so we weren't able to take credit cars on our regular registers. Thank God we had the Square reader as a backup register. If a squirrel got fried on a piece of their equipment I understand, but if it was a scheduled outage why would they choose Friday night especially for business accounts???
Oh the irony...

UglyScientist
theycallmemrtibbs said:

Anybody's else bill go up $6 this month? Anyone bothered to call and find out why? My service certainly didn't get any better, why am I paying more??
Mine did. Except it actually went up $12 with taxes. From $79 to $91 for just internet. I really wish there were other viable options in this town.
Rapier108
Yep, mine went up about $12 as well.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
justcallmeharry
S
Rapier108 said:

AggieAces06 said:

Mine cut out for about 5 minutes, but some of the low number channels still came through. Some have come back, but others are still out.

This has happened to mine on a regular basis over the past couple of weeks. There seems to be no regular pattern as to when it will occur.

I am starting to get used to it.
vxv
WonkaTXRanger, email me at logan (at) vxvcommunications.com. We cover all of downtown Bryan and can get you internet and phones with a direct feed from the datacenter(s) nearby. 50mbps up to gig (if you for some reason needed so much). Better. Cheaper. Local.
Rapier108
Suddenlink cable out for anyone else? Internet is still up for now.
RoyIII_Ag08
AG
Yes, most tv channels are out.
aggietoolman
AG
Get network and SD channels only right now. Any non network HD channels are down.

Edit: didn't want that icon.
AgsWin2011
AG
Yes and it sucks. All the channels we watch are out.
Rapier108
Mine just came back on.

7:18 Edit: And most channels are off again.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.