thisladyisacop

7,214 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Nom de Plume
TLIAC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I started posting in November 2006 in hopes of creating communication between forum posters and law enforcement. Back then, the Aggieland Board was very different than it is now. I would say that a huge majority of the posters were anti law enforcement and many were very hostile and suspicious. I have tried over the years to explain why we in law enforcement do what we do and to answer questions. I have also bitten my tongue more times than I can count. When I was PIO, this was a great forum to use to get information out.

For the newer people on this board, it was the other posters that shortened thisladyisacop to TLIAC and I eventually just changed my posting name. My last day as an LEO will be this Friday, July 21st. I'm retiring. I have 22 1/2 years with CSPD and 11 years with Brazos County so I have a total of 33 1/2 years and it's time. I hope that over the past almost 11 years, I have answered your questions and helped to bridge that gap. I've tried to be fair and treat people with respect, even when they were making comments that were beyond stupid.

I have actually made some good friends via TexAgs and I'm really not going anywhere and my years of experience won't disappear. I'll still be nice and respectful when answering questions (and yes I'll still try) even though I won't have to worry about getting in trouble for what I post now. I won't be listening to the radio so I won't be able to answer questions about active incidents but maybe I can fill in gaps with general information.

It has been a great ride. Law enforcement is a scary place now days. I think that hit home when I would park my patrol car at the high school each day, get out and scan the parking lot to see if there was someone lurking that might want to shoot me just because I was wearing blue. My last assignment at CSHS was the best way to end my career - it was the best job ever. Love that place. It is just hard to justify working for less than I will make being retired.

Thank ya'll for caring about this community and for taking up for me when the forum going got rough. It was always nice knowing that many of you had my back.
BlazeHarper

carpe vinum
AG
I was hoping your retirement was so you would join the new program for CSISD.
But I understand. It is a well deserved choice.
You are irreplaceable.

I always considered you a great friend these past 25ish years.
I wish you much happiness, and look forward to seeing you soon.
ChampsAg
Thank you for all you have done!
csnole
Thank You for everything especially at CSHS - you will be missed. Enjoy your retirement- well deserved!!!
aggiepaintrain
AG
I actually thought "what ever happened to TLIAC" today.
Thank you for your service and enjoy your retirement!
Goat Man
AG
TLIAC is good people. Thanks for your service!
enchanted
Thank you for your service!
mwm
THANK YOU!!!!'
Jetty
dave99ag
rc_cat
Congratulations and enjoy your retirement! Thank you for your service to our community and for all the help you've given the TexAgs community. Thank you also for your help when I was freaking out several years ago!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Thank you for your service. You guys are underpaid and underappreciated as far as I'm concerned. But maybe thats a discussion for another time/forum.
Psychag
AG
Thank you for your compassionate attitude for some of the more challenging students. You will be missed.
AggieJason
AG
Thank you for your service. You will be missed.
Kitten With A Whip
I always appreciated what you did here. Congratulations and best wishes on your retirement!
fossil_ag
AG
This Lady has always someone you could count on for for straight talk. You could take her words to the bank. Been great knowing you were on OUR side these many years. Welcome to retirement .......you have earned the benefits and respect of your friends and neighbors.
BrazosWifi
Thanks for all your time and responses here on TexAgs. I hope you have a fantastic retirememt!
Wildmen03
AG
TLWAC
AboveAndBeyond
You were one of the first people I remember talking to here. I wish there was a heart emoji for this post!
rc_cat
AboveAndBeyond said:

You were one of the first people I remember talking to here. I wish there was a heart emoji for this post!
mtec
I hope you enjoy retirement! You are awesome and you will be missed. Kick your feet up, get you a cold one and live it up!
ratfacemcdougal
GiveEmHellBill
AG

I am proud to live in a town where people like you are keeping us safe.
chloelee
Best of Luck!!! Thank you for serving our community......
Stupe
S
FlyRod
You have been a great voice of reason on this board and will be missed.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
As a student who went to CSHS in high school, I can say that TLIAC is awesome. Thank you for your service!!
TLIAC
AG
Wildmen03 said:

TLWAC
Yes, I've thought of that but my email is thisladyisacop and changing my email address is just too much trouble. Already wondering what correspondence I'll miss when my city and school emails are gone. I'll have to stick with TLIAC and maybe add an *retired. LOL

Also thank you everyone for the nice comments. Makes my heart happy.
GoneGirl
AG
Sad that it's the end of an era, but happy that you'll get to enjoy retirement.

Very, very happy for this for my all-time favorite officer.

P.S. - I'll probably only say that on TexAgs, since there are too many other LEOs on my FB page, who'd get their knickers in a twist.
"If you're in the midst of a midlife crisis, you could buy a convertible, have an affair, or upgrade your cup size. But you'll probably be happiest if you save a dog's life." - Jen Lancaster
frito bandito
Enjoy your well earned retirement. Thanks for your service.
happyinBCS
Thanks for your service
mr83tr88
AG
You will be missed!! I always felt my daughter was safer with you at her school!! Thanks for your service!
TKDMom
Congratulations on your retirement! Well deserved and you will no doubt be missed!
Rex Racer
AG
Thank you for your service! And enjoy a well-deserved retirement.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.