Wassermann v Aldrich

11,081 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
ChampsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sad to see that Commissioner Wasserman was beat tonight. I'm afraid that a lot of people voted based upon one issue. Now we have two former city of CS employees on the Commissioner's Court. Be interesting to see what the agenda will be going forward.
AmazingGracie12
Lloyd Wasserman is a man of integrity who puts the needs of others above his own. Our family is blessed to know him and to have received his care and concern for many years. The outcome of this election does not diminish Lloyd Wasserman's value to his community or to his many friends.
Thank you, sir, for having a positive impact on so many lives throughput your career as a coach, educator and public servant.
Country bumpkin_2
Best news ever. Maybe now may be some people on the court that wont rubber stamp everything peters wants.
dman2217
It's truly sad that many people don't understand the power that the RR holds. Easily the most powerful group in the county. The RR gets what the RR wants. If the county would have fought the RR crossings the RR would have gone to court and got what they want.

Just wait and see what's going to happen out in Mumford...
jac4
AG
The RRs do have a ton of power. I've been meaning to buy stock in UP since our dealings with them.

Steve Aldrich may end up stinking as a commissioner, but he will have to defend himself before voters like Wasserman did. In the community meetings regarding the Straub and Wade closures, I felt that LW failed us as a commissioner. Many others obviously did too.

Hopefully, we will have less and less incumbents reelected. Hoping someone mounts a successful primary challenge of Flores next time around.
justalocal
Don't believe that the RR was the sole reason that Wasserman lost. Elected officials need to remember that employees of the county are voters and when you dont support departments and those employees feel it, they aren't going to vote for you again.
Ornlu
AG
I pay a lot of attention to local politics, and as of a few weeks before the election, I had no idea Wasserman we running. Given that his signs weren't widely distributed and I didn't hear him on the radio or TV, I assumed he wasn't running for reelection. He simply didn't campaign much. Only very near the election did I find out he was actually running...
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I don't know much about this race or the issues within it but Lloyd Wasserman is a good man. Obviously that doesn't mean someone should hold an office (not saying he should or shouldn't).
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.