Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rear Lights for Ranger

1,173 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by aggieraf02
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What do you guys have/recommend for top back lighting that will light up the bed and surrounding area? I've seen lot of folks talking about the pair of flood lights on each side, but have also seen a lot of light bars that put out a ton of light. Thanks.
redaszag99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just use a cheap light bar from amazon or harbor freight
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IY3YLCI?pd_rd_plhdr=t&hsa_cr_id=9214053901&qid=1790085781&sr=1-1-fec03104-6f11-4242-8f79-15fae2896f66&i=aps&aref=Ao5tg8dew1&_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sbx_s_sparkle_sbtcd_asin_0_title&pd_rd_w=9tLhA&content-id=amzn1.sym.22e060df-ce87-467b-805a-61b8bd37fbe9%3Aamzn1.sym.22e060df-ce87-467b-805a-61b8bd37fbe9&pf_rd_p=22e060df-ce87-467b-805a-61b8bd37fbe9&pf_rd_r=CPC2STQX03JAA83VPTVH&pd_rd_wg=z4PDS&pd_rd_r=556b930f-af65-457e-842c-d811a121cb9b

I have 4 of these. Works like a charm.
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have 16" LED light bar on my ranger for the bed and its on the edge of being too bright. My buddy has an 8" one on his and its plenty of light. Most of the bars I run on my ranger are Nilight. They're cheap and they have been on for almost 6 years with zero problems. Just make sure you wire them up with waterproof connections - I used the heat shrink and solder connectors.

I also have the plug in back up light that mounts below the bed for reverse lights. I cannot recommend this enough.
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IY3YLCI?pd_rd_plhdr=t&hsa_cr_id=9214053901&qid=1790085781&sr=1-1-fec03104-6f11-4242-8f79-15fae2896f66&i=aps&aref=Ao5tg8dew1&_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sbx_s_sparkle_sbtcd_asin_0_title&pd_rd_w=9tLhA&content-id=amzn1.sym.22e060df-ce87-467b-805a-61b8bd37fbe9%3Aamzn1.sym.22e060df-ce87-467b-805a-61b8bd37fbe9&pf_rd_p=22e060df-ce87-467b-805a-61b8bd37fbe9&pf_rd_r=CPC2STQX03JAA83VPTVH&pd_rd_wg=z4PDS&pd_rd_r=556b930f-af65-457e-842c-d811a121cb9b

I have 4 of these. Works like a charm.

Four of these just on the back? Thanks for posting.
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When you say the surrounding area, are you a duck hunter and looking to create ambient light for throwing out decoys in the morning? Are you looking to just light up the bed for working in and around it at night? Or are you looking to chase pigs at night and make your ranger look like a UFO heading through the brush?

Also, what type of roof are you running?

If you're interested in looking OEM on the switches, give these guys a call and order these switches. They're the exact same as the factory ranger ones and look great:

https://www.otrattw.net/
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really just want to be able to see if I need to work on something in the bed at night. Not trying to light up the woods with it.

ChatGPT says my roof is Polaris's two-piece Poly Sport Roof for the Crew cab with the 6-position PULSE roof busbar.
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I assume you're running a regular cab ranger? What year is it?

You can also do the bed mounted lights that bolt onto the frame on the back roll cage just below the roof. I almost did that with green lights for throwing out decoys in the morning but like those mounts for the cube lights. See below:
https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Brackets-Mounting-Compatible-2013-2024/dp/B0DCBTR446/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2XJN76FE78YBA&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.EvvzA4QvVnoL7r59ii4bDAPvvMqfBvbMouTNLHj8B3176z_1wTA2tJqJm_BxPPHloMcVe-spjwjSXT54QK-lFewscFuLTEAf5T7eg4TDs15lK1Wg4XNrkPlI6EnDroRAZHz_2ZeBbx8UoMZoXeOogOj1nkS9cAtuqQIy6Jh90cpOzbOY-0BGAt_XB7eh2XrRl9HbJkXxIodUikLg5fFDs5RLua8cz5KaLlD5FC52TDoJsIMOrnMExFl4e9lvEMgs7Bcu1eeYDYdFjM1k-bgbTFx1CDfJLe_QpLKWnJjcrMM.rrOLw-bkbaFhFlU67PYfRDTQ7O66gKFTvTOmlSTdc6E&dib_tag=se&keywords=polaris%2Branger%2B1000XP%2Bbed%2Blights&qid=1790087532&s=automotive&sprefix=polaris%2Branger%2B1000xp%2Bbed%2Blights%2Cautomotive%2C127&sr=1-5&th=1
Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two point directly into the bed and two are on the corner of the roll cage for if I need to fix a flat or see the sides of the rig on a trial. I mounted them so they can articulate and see along the sides at night if that makes sense. 2 are on one switch and 2 on another.
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2025 crew. Not trying to spend a lot more money. I just know that all the polaris stuff is very expensive and lights have come way down so I'd like to put some cool lights on but not for $300. Thanks for your replies.

Hoyt Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would fab something up to go right in each of those corner bolts on roof above windshield and call it a day. 2 is all you need. Or fab it up to go in that hole on your door hinge. I bet once you mount the light there, they will articulate as needed.
Deerdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have used these for bed lighting. I run the cubes in front but don't care for bright lights in my eyes. These stick to roof frame or high seat frame when I need some lighting .
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think I have that much money tied up in lights on my ranger and that includes:

Front bumper light bar (most expensive - green light)
Roof 52" light bar
Rear Bed 16" light bar
Rock lights under roof (think cab lights that I can change the color for ambient lighting at night)

Now my side mirror lights were almost $200 or maybe slightly over but they're badass. They're green or white and I can run around at night with just those lights on if I want to be very very sneaky or not blow ducks off a pond.
AnScAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoyt Ag is right with how to set up the back lights, a light bar typically is too bright or only shows light in one plane. I only used two cube lights and the one on the passenger side pointed at the bed and tailgate area and the one on the driver's side pointed back behind my ranger. I set mine up the way I did to be able to see when backing up in pitch black to a deer or to avoid obstacles. I believe his 4 light set up is better and with the cost of lights and a wiring harness can be done for dirt cheap nowadays.
fburgtx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I have 16" LED light bar on my ranger for the bed and its on the edge of being too bright. My buddy has an 8" one on his and its plenty of light. Most of the bars I run on my ranger are Nilight. They're cheap and they have been on for almost 6 years with zero problems. Just make sure you wire them up with waterproof connections - I used the heat shrink and solder connectors.

I also have the plug in back up light that mounts below the bed for reverse lights. I cannot recommend this enough.


Yep. I have a Nilight on the FRONT of my Ranger (about 20"). Way brighter than you need for the back, but I'm happy with that brand. A couple of cubes, or an 8" light will work just fine for the back. That 20" Nilight only cost me $45, and that was with the harness included.

Also agree on a backup light. Why those aren't standard on all UTV's is beyond me…
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mounted an RV-type door/awning light, it lights up the bed area perfectly, plus some light beyond the bed.
NRA and TSRA Life
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have two Nilight pod type lights on my roll cage. One is aimed more at the bed, the other is aimed more behind the bed. They throw more than enough light for anything I've ever needed and are small enough to be out of the way. Never was a big fan of light bars everywhere, especially on the rear. Just a me thing.
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoyt Ag said:

I would fab something up to go right in each of those corner bolts on roof above windshield and call it a day. 2 is all you need. Or fab it up to go in that hole on your door hinge. I bet once you mount the light there, they will articulate as needed.

I believe there is wiring for lights already in those two corners so I'm leaning toward doing this. Thanks everyone for the advice. ttha, I'm also interested in your front light bar you sent over.
aggieraf02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had these installed and absolutely love them. You can get them in either red or white light and turn automatically on when the tail gate opens and turn off when the tailgate closes. No switches to worry about, no need to worry about accidentally leaving the switch on and draining the battery.

https://www.ravek.com/automatic-trunk-bed-lights-backup

and now...I dont work for Ravek, just love the product.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.