Outdoors
Sponsored by

Camp LaJunta & Camp Mystic [Staff Warning on OP]

3,510,981 Views | 4347 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by culdeus
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gigemJTH12 said:

allgoaton said:

88planoAg said:

Lost and found FB group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1390898463037140/
Gosh there are some heart breaking items being posted in there.

Damn, I told myself I needed to be stronger, but this made me tear up again, hard.
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SpreadsheetAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

allgoaton said:

88planoAg said:

Lost and found FB group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1390898463037140/
Gosh there are some heart breaking items being posted in there.

Damn, I told myself I needed to be stronger, but this made me tear up again, hard.
When we are weak, Jesus is strong. Give it to Him.
Independence H-D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More help deployed..
missinAggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rose of Sharon that boarders our yard. Jesus is referred to as the Lily of the Valley and the Rose of Sharon, representing many things, including hope.

The beauty of this vibrant pink bush was a welcomed reminder this morning. Prayers continued for all. Praying for rest for the weary, for comfort for the brokenhearted, that all will be found providing closure, for the communities as they recover and rebuild.

dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
missinAggieland said:

Rose of Sharon that boarders our yard. Jesus is referred to as the Lily of the Valley and the Rose of Sharon, representing many things, including hope.

The beauty of this vibrant pink bush was a welcomed reminder this morning. Prayers continued for all. Praying for rest for the weary, for comfort for the brokenhearted, that all will be found providing closure, for the communities as they recover and rebuild.




Thanks. That is beautiful. The Lord always provides. My office staff did well.


mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Prayers continue 24/7.

Doc, how are YOU doing? I would guess you're trying to be strong throughout this entire ordeal, but don't miss the need to grieve.
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will not relate my own personal trial (10 yrs ago) here for it is minute to what is happening to the masses today, but I will say that the song "It is well" as sung by Kristene Dimarco gave me such calm and peace during that time. I would literally sit and bask in it on repeat for unknown lengths of time.

The song is an adaptation of the original hymn written by Horatio Spafford. Horatio Spafford's story is not unlike that which many face now. His story below is better than I could summarize.

From: https://www.thetabernaclechoir.org/articles/it-is-well-with-my-soul.html?lang=eng

Quote:


Horatio Spafford knew something about life's unexpected challenges. He was a successful attorney and real estate investor who lost a fortune in the great Chicago fire of 1871. Around the same time, his beloved four-year-old son died of scarlet fever.

Thinking a vacation would do his family some good, he sent his wife and four daughters on a ship to England, planning to join them after he finished some pressing business at home. However, while crossing the Atlantic Ocean, the ship was involved in a terrible collision and sunk. More than 200 people lost their lives, including all four of Horatio Spafford's precious daughters. His wife, Anna, survived the tragedy. Upon arriving in England, she sent a telegram to her husband that began: "Saved alone. What shall I do?"

Horatio immediately set sail for England. At one point during his voyage, the captain of the ship, aware of the tragedy that had struck the Spafford family, summoned Horatio to tell him that they were now passing over the spot where the shipwreck had occurred.1

As Horatio thought about his daughters, words of comfort and hope filled his heart and mind. He wrote them down, and they have since become a well-beloved hymn:

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to know
It is well, it is well with my soul.2

I don't know if this will impress upon anyone, but if it hits one heart in the way it hit mine, it's worth my time to post. When a man can be stricken of all on Earth that is worthwhile to him, yet still turn praise to the Lord it lifts my heart. It means that those who are suffering the same now are not alone. God has not turned His back on you, He too suffered the loss of His child.

Let it be well with all of your souls.

It Is Well - Kristene DiMarco | You Make Me Brave

dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
mwm said:

Prayers continue 24/7.

Doc, how are YOU doing? I would guess you're trying to be strong throughout this entire ordeal, but don't miss the need to grieve.


I am fine. I have a job to do that the Lord has given me the peace to do. Whiskey and red wine help too.
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you.
allgoaton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FB post from yesterday appears to confirm the loss of another little one missing from Twins.
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bonfire Team is pictured in this NPR Article link.
Agman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ugh. That's two from Kinkaid, the counselor who just graduated and this little one.
Be Yonder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you can make it, Cord is calling all muscle.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/15itmZq2L4/?mibextid=wwXIfr





Newt2025
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fdsa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CAMP Camp is an incredible org and certainly a good place to support as they are attempting to re-open for special needs campers in a few days. I will be heading out there.
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was Cord the guy who put out the info about two girls being found that got picked up by the local newspaper or was that someone else?
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Probably already posted that James Avery is donating 100% of the proceeds for the Deep in the Heart of Texas charm to help those impacted by the floods.

The charm is completely sold out and is back ordered by 6+weeks. Americans are the most generous people on earth!
hj56
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For all who are bereft in loss, unceasing and loving prayers come from our home to you.
May He bless your faith and strength. And hold you up.

I've never posted all these years but am compelled to let you know that i share your burden. I only wish it helped.
I'm a Mystic girl who left part of her soul in that river so long ago. ...

Know that you are loved
Secolobo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The last thing those kids need to hear is they can't go to camp. Probably been looking forward to it all year.
DG-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggie1205 said:

Was Cord the guy who put out the info about two girls being found that got picked up by the local newspaper or was that someone else?
That's my recollection but I could be wrong.
You're from down South,
And when you open your mouth,
You always seem to put your foot there.
AgLiving06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yes he was.

I don't know the man, but get a bit leery with the money request.
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLiving06 said:

yes he was.

I don't know the man, but get a bit leery with the money request.
I 100% would not send any money directly to an individual. There are too many legit avenues to donate to that don't require an individual zelle transfer.
DargelSkout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who is this guy? Just some random volunteer or part of a bigger organization?
jograki
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLiving06 said:

yes he was.

I don't know the man, but get a bit leery with the money request.


I feel the same and will plan to donate only to local nonprofits. Although in browsing through his comments section noticed this:

"Hi Cord Shiflet! You are doing such needed work. Thank you, truly. I spent a lot of time in Kerrville as a child and our family participate in another (unaffected) camp nearby.

I have a *bit* of professional experience reading non-profit tax returns, so I have a habit of pulling them up for any non-profit on my radar. I've probably looked at hundreds in the last decade.

Your foundation's tax return (990-PF) is honestly one of best! Super clear, all funds going exactly where they should, excellent transparency with expenses and donors/trustees. Just wanted to say you're doing a great job and folks can trust the funds will be spent wisely."
Buttermaker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't know Cord, but here is what Camp Camp's statement is directly from there website. Also, I have included a link to their website in case you want to donate directly to them.

https://campcamp.org/ Home Page - CAMP
It’s better to be the hammer than the anvil.
Anti-taxxer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DargelSkout said:

Who is this guy? Just some random volunteer or part of a bigger organization?

I think someone said he is a high-end realtor in Austin.
TheMemeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dermdoc said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

gigemJTH12 said:

allgoaton said:

88planoAg said:

Lost and found FB group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1390898463037140/
Gosh there are some heart breaking items being posted in there.

Damn, I told myself I needed to be stronger, but this made me tear up again, hard.
When we are weak, Jesus is strong. Give it to Him.


Doc, your resolve and demeanor throughout this whole ordeal has really been inspiring. I know we only see a small side of it but I have to commend you for everything you have said and done. I am a man of faith but I wish I could have a fraction of what you have because I just tear up every time I read this thread and think how I would respond is not how we should as believers.

Praying for you and your family, as well as everyone else having to deal with the pain of this situation. God is good
Credible Source
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLiving06 said:

yes he was.

I don't know the man, but get a bit leery with the money request.



I know Cord, and he can be trusted. He is old money Westlake and the biggest realtor in Central Texas, I'm not surprised in the least he's leading this charge. I guarantee he will donate more than everyone else combined. Just a good dude that helps people in need all year long, not just when it makes headlines. I reached out to him to go out there today with skid steers, chainsaws and muscle. We are on the way.
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Credible Source said:

AgLiving06 said:

yes he was.

I don't know the man, but get a bit leery with the money request.



I know Cord, and he can be trusted. He is old money Westlake and the biggest realtor in Central Texas, I'm not surprised in the least he's leading this charge. I guarantee he will donate more than everyone else combined. Just a good dude that helps people in need all year long, not just when it makes headlines. I reached out to him to go out there today with skid steers, chainsaws and muscle. We are on the way.

Username Checks Out
AgLiving06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buttermaker said:

I don't know Cord, but here is what Camp Camp's statement is directly from there website. Also, I have included a link to their website in case you want to donate directly to them.

https://campcamp.org/ Home Page - CAMP


This seemed like the better approach.

Not "hey Zelle or Venmo me and I'll donate it for you" but instead "hey here's the website or link where you can donate directly.
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgLiving06 said:

Buttermaker said:

I don't know Cord, but here is what Camp Camp's statement is directly from there website. Also, I have included a link to their website in case you want to donate directly to them.

https://campcamp.org/ Home Page - CAMP


This seemed like the better approach.

Not "hey Zelle or Venmo me and I'll donate it for you" but instead "hey here's the website or link where you can donate directly.
100%
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JeremiahJohnson said:

Credible Source said:

AgLiving06 said:

yes he was.

I don't know the man, but get a bit leery with the money request.



I know Cord, and he can be trusted. He is old money Westlake and the biggest realtor in Central Texas, I'm not surprised in the least he's leading this charge. I guarantee he will donate more than everyone else combined. Just a good dude that helps people in need all year long, not just when it makes headlines. I reached out to him to go out there today with skid steers, chainsaws and muscle. We are on the way.

Username Checks Out
I know Credible Source and can vouch for him personally. He is indeed a credible source.
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will say this... you would have to be the total scum of the Earth requesting $ to get a special needs camp open for the next campers. My sense is the guy is legit and desperate to make it happen. He just didn't request $, he specifically requested an excavator, skid steers, and able bodied workers. Maybe cut the guy a break.
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?

PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Derm, Bridge City played West End last night in Little League all-stars. BC had this sign hung on the fence.




First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 125 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.