Outdoors
Sponsored by

Rookie Mistake Buying 6.5 Ammo - 2 Boxes for Sale

1,130 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 47 min ago by cupofjoe04
rme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bought two boxes of Hornaday Precision Hunter 143 gr ELD-X PRC instead of Creedmoor.

$100 for both in Plano and they're yours.
ConstructionAg01
AG
Sounds like you need a new rifle!
EMY92
AG
No other board on Texags can spend other people's money faster than the Outdoor Board.
McInnis
AG
As gun and ammo manufacturers continue to proliferate the introduction of new cartridges this kind of thing will become more common. When will there be enough?
OneMoonGoon92
AG
Ive got two boxes of 270 WSM for the same reason. If anyone wants them, Im located in the Rosenburg area for $85 bux.
rme
AG
ConstructionAg01 said:

Sounds like you need a new rifle!

If I hadn't just purchased the Creedmoor, that would be the "logical" option. But then, I wouldn't be in this loop.
Moon Shadow
IF I were buying a new rifle I would opt for the 7 mm PRC.
Just my opinion.
Personally I shoot a Tikka in 6.5 Swedish Mauser. Excellent rifle and cartridge. Been around since the 1890's.
ldg397
AG
Moon Shadow said:

IF I were buying a new rifle I would opt for the 7 mm PRC.
Just my opinion.
Personally I shoot a Tikka in 6.5 Swedish Mauser. Excellent rifle and cartridge. Been around since the 1890's.
I have a 6.5x55 is CRF model 70 and had one in a sako 85 finnlight as well (sold it when I was pissed at beretta when the stock went sticky and they wouldn't stand behind it, that was a mistake). This round can run with or exceed the creedmore with a handloader. The factory rounds however are underpowered so they won't make an 1890 rifle go boom!

I really want a seekinz havak element in 7 prc!!!

Did we just become best friends???
SanAntoneAg
AG
McInnis said:

As gun and ammo manufacturers continue to proliferate the introduction of new cartridges this kind of thing will become more common. When will there be enough?

There won't be enough as long as these new cartridges continue to make money for rifle and ammo manufacturers.

Who doesn't like the new girl on the block?.
Gig 'em! '90
malenurse
AG
OneMoonGoon92 said:

Ive got two boxes of 270 WSM for the same reason. If anyone wants them, Im located in the Rosenburg area for $85 bux.
Rosenberg!!!!!!!!
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
theJonatron
AG
I can take them off your hands for $40 a box. That's how much they are on brownells. I'm in Dallas

The 6.5 PRC can go super sonic up to 1,700 yards. It's everything the Creedmoor should have been. It's strong enough for Elk, with proper placement, and proper bullet.
fido00
AG
I am interested, shoot me an email at
cupofjoe04
AG
McInnis said:

Why is this a bad thing? I've never understood this argument, honestly. Sure, there is potential for confusion when buying ammo- just slow down and read a little closer. Easily solved. But the of continual development guns, ammo, bows, accessories, etc. stimulates an industry we all love. It encourages innovation and development of new technologies (which, unless you are flint knapping your own stone points and making your own bow,we are all beneficiaries of). And it allows for more specialization in application, and thus more people involved (thus greater stability for the future).

Think of it like the auto industry. Why do we have so many types of cars? Why do manufacturers come out with new models, or update designs periodically? When will there be enough? Didn't we all get along fine with a Chevy S-10 or a Oldsmobile Coup?
Should there be a limit on the number of different trucks and cars available? Or should the free market determine what lives and dies?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.