Outdoors
Sponsored by

In the market for a new side by side

9,408 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by milkman00
rak1693
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We only keep Rangers at the ranch in Real County due to the terrain. We have a couple of Mules and the new Honda Pioneer Deluxe Crew at the place in South Texas. As TTHA said, it depends on how you take care of them but I do think Rangers are better in more advanced terrain.
mhnatt
Anyone here look at or own a Kubota RTVX1140? It's the one with the second row that converts to a longer bed.

Mainly for farm/ranch with occasional hunting (but not too worried about the diesel noise).

We are buying some other equipment from the local Kubota dealer and well,… this sort of might make it onto the manifest. We've had Gators since the 90's.
aggiebrad16
AG
We bought one last year. We love it as long as you don't care to go over 25mph. It's definitely a work buggy for us. Pretty easy to work on if needed too.

Only thing that scares me is potentially having to go to Ewald Kubota for a repair. They scare me.
suburban cowboy
AG
The European mind cannot comprehend this thread…

You mean to tell me… these Texans, many whom have multiple gasoline or diesel, four wheel drive, full-size vehicles, spend $30k on mini, four wheel drive, gas or diesel off-road vehicles?
japantiger
S
Muzzleblast said:

This is the Mule I purchased about 6 months ago. Seriously nice. Quite fast. I've owned two Polaris Rangers and they were fine. Polaris service in Bryan soured me on buying a new one.
Purchased my Mule from Madisonville Kawasaki and they have been great. Taking it in today for them to install a Golight Stryker spotlight on a new roof.

I have a 2016 version of almost the identical rig. It has been a fantastic vehicle. Have not had a single issue with it.
DVM97
AG
aggiehoops1991 said:

We do custom roofs, high seats, bumpers etc on new Polaris, can-am etc. this is Polaris we just finished.

Feel free to reach out if this is something you'd be interested in.

Where are you located?
TarponChaser
Why limit yourself to a SxS? Go all out.

Courtesy Flush
AG
Love our Polaris Ranger but it has a turning radius comparable to a school bus
milkman00
AG
Saw on another thread you are getting an M7-170+. What are you planning on using it for? I ask because they are not the typical utility tractor and the Deere places seemed to have several barely used ones where people traded them for Deeres. Spent a lot of time pondering a Kubota for a TERP but found a good deal on a barely used Deere instead. Have some friends about to go through this process again soon and trying to decide which way to go.

As far as Ewald, we bought a Kubota mower used where we were told it was about a $500 fix to get it going. Dropped it by Ewald on the way home. Picked it up a week later and went to use it after unloading it. After 20 feet of mowing, all the hydraulic oil started getting blown out. They messed up the repair and had to do it again. But I was pleasantly surprised that they came and picked it up from us and brought it back on their dime.

My issue with Kubota is that everything that says Kubota on it seems to have cooling issues due to design on our place. They are 2 for 2 so far.
mhnatt
Yes, looking at a M7-174 (for hay, discing, shredding, etc). I'm planning on going with Schulte for the mower. I hear the 3rd and 4th gen Kubotas have improved their cooling.

My dad was a JD dealer and we ran everything green for my whole life. But with the Right to Repair lawsuit, corporate attitude giving the finger to such a historic loyal following, and the move to Mexico fiasco, just can't in good conscience ever do John Deer again. I'm soured on green.
tfunk02
AG
NM
milkman00
AG
Let us know how you like it. I was shocked how high off the ground those M7 are the first time I climbed into one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.