Outdoors
Sponsored by

neighbors dog

9,559 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Gilligan
alvtimes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
spill some bacon grease in your kitchen…. sop it all up with pieces of sponge….. toss the sponge pieces in your backyard.
fullback44
AG
Pellet gun In the dogs arse may keep him away…. But he's gonna yelp.. when the guy comes over say you don't know what he's talking about

Or hire Ponchito Pistoles to keep watch …but he looks more like he should be in Austin.. lol
/revision/latest?cb=20180523212024
firethewagonup
I saw my Grandpa mad once. A doberman used to run through the neighbor hood on occasion and one day it jumped his fences killed grandpas dog. One bite of the chest. Dog took off like a bat outta hell. Without saying a word grandpa grabbed the shotgun and maul and took off walking to where the owner of the dog lived…probably 200 yards. No arguing, no fussing, nothing. The owner knew his dog killed the wrong man's dog. Not one shot was fired but grandpas maul was a bloody mess. We buried Butchy under a grape arbor that night.
Gigem Aggies
Kenneth_2003
AG
Late to the party here...
Assuming this is an unincorporated area of an otherwise relatively urban county. While the dog is on your property pen it up and call the local animal control. They'll come out, put the dog in doggy jail, then go to the owner and let them know their dog is in jail.

Old Sarge
AG
firethewagonup said:

I saw my Grandpa mad once. A doberman used to run through the neighbor hood on occasion and one day it jumped his fences killed grandpas dog. One bite of the chest. Dog took off like a bat outta hell. Without saying a word grandpa grabbed the shotgun and maul and took off walking to where the owner of the dog lived…probably 200 yards. No arguing, no fussing, nothing. The owner knew his dog killed the wrong man's dog. Not one shot was fired but grandpas maul was a bloody mess. We buried Butchy under a grape arbor that night.

What a heartwarming, touching Grandpa-Grandson moment.
"Green" is the new RED.
Shoefly!
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Late to the party here...
Assuming this is an unincorporated area of an otherwise relatively urban county. While the dog is on your property pen it up and call the local animal control. They'll come out, put the dog in doggy jail, then go to the owner and let them know their dog is in jail.

I'd rather catch pooche and transport to another county. I've done it with cats.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Something about calling a chicken coop on a 1 acre lot "livestock" is funny to me. How can the dog even get into your coop? Family has chickens in upstate NY where there are bears, fishers, foxes, etc, and they have a coop that protects their birds.
PA24
AG
https://www.bullseye-cartridge.com/12ga-2-3-4-rock-salt-5-pack.html

One time in the ass and dog will avoid your property.
Build It
AG
I bet you are really fun at parties.
BlueSmoke
A dog with a taste for an easy meal isn't going to stop
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Jason_Roofer
GarlandAg2012 said:

Something about calling a chicken coup on a 1 acre lot "livestock" is funny to me. How can the dog even get into your coup? Family has chickens in upstate NY where there are bears, fishers, foxes, etc, and they have a coup that protects their birds.

His chickens weren't in the coop. The OP says the dog dug under his fence and got the chickens. Sounds like they are free range as are all of mine. A coyotes, raccoon, hawk, etc is different than a neighbors dog that is a repeated, known, and fixable offender.

As much as it pains me to say, this dog will have to be disposed of. Don't take him to another county. Don't take him to the shelter. We are heavily involved with shelters and foster systems, they don't have room for these animals, and he will likely be euthanized anyway. Both of these solutions only make him a burden for the community. Since the owner won't do his job as a responsible owner,he's going to force it onto the OP.

Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
GarlandAg2012
AG
I have no idea why you would want to escalate tensions with a next door neighbor. Killing their dog might keep your chickens alive (for now), but will create larger long term issues in the future. Definitely not worth it.
zooguy96
AG
Obviously, the correct thing to do is find the dog in your yard and call animal control to come pick him up.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
firethewagonup said:

This story conspicuously leaves open the possibility that Butchy was the neighbor?
Animal Eight 84
AG
Kill it.
agsalaska
AG
Yea that's not exactly clear is it.
V8Aggie
AG
Clearly you need to bang his wife while the dog watches.
robbio
Keep in mind however you treat your neighbor's dog is how he is going to treat your dog, etc. and some people elevate the drama. And since suspicion is already aroused whatever happens to his dog negatively he's going to blame on you with or without facts.
robbio
I heard of a client in a small community who had a female dog in heat and he kept her in a fenced back yard but the neighborhood dogs would dig in to get to her. He went around the whole neighborhood and knocked on every door and asked them if they could keep their dogs up while his was in heat. Over the next several days they kept coming back. So he tied up his female dog in his garage with the door open just enough to admit a dog. When all the male dogs got in there he shut the garage door and started his lawnmower to mask the noise and shot all the offending dogs. A few days later the neighbors would come by and ask if he had seen their dogs.

I'm not recommending this procedure.
lurker76
This is an OB thread that really delivers. It has it all;
Neighbor's dog
OP's fence
dead chickens
SSS vs dropping off the dead dog
paint ball skunk balls
paint ball capsaicin balls, or is it an STI?
rock salt 12 gauge shells
trap remove
call animal control
shoot/don't shoot
Grandpa/grandson bonding over a dead dog
Animal Eight 84
AG
lurker76 said:

Neighbor's dog
OP's fence
dead chickens
paint ball skunk balls
trap remove
call animal control
shoot/don't shoot

Not perfect though.
Doesn't mention mama, trains, trucks, prison, or getting drunk.

Give it time, it will.
wink1989
AG
zooguy96 said:

Obviously, the correct thing to do is find the dog in your yard and call animal control to come pick him up.

Reminds me of the little Johnny joke about his Dad catching him banging his Grandma. Classic, cracks me up every time.
wink1989
AG
Sorry, that was supposed to be a response to V8Ag
O.G.
Animal Eight 84 said:

lurker76 said:

Neighbor's dog
OP's fence
dead chickens
paint ball skunk balls
trap remove
call animal control
shoot/don't shoot

Not perfect though.
Doesn't mention mama, trains, trucks, prison, or getting drunk.

Give it time, it will.

I used to work in Texas Prisons, we had the paint ball/capsaicin thingys....the paint ball itself is WAY worse than the pepper in it.
My mom had chickens when I was a little kid that one of my dads hog dogs got into...but he got a pass. Dogs name was Hank Snow...old man had a thing about naming dogs after country singers.
My dad worked on trains for about 15yrs before they pulled the rail yard outta Brownwood.
My grandfather killed one Doberman, one German Sheppard & authorized the killing of one of his own dogs for killing livestock.....& BELIEVE me.....he was fond of getting drunk.
GarlandAg2012
AG
robbio said:

I heard of a client in a small community who had a female dog in heat and he kept her in a fenced back yard but the neighborhood dogs would dig in to get to her. He went around the whole neighborhood and knocked on every door and asked them if they could keep their dogs up while his was in heat. Over the next several days they kept coming back. So he tied up his female dog in his garage with the door open just enough to admit a dog. When all the male dogs got in there he shut the garage door and started his lawnmower to mask the noise and shot all the offending dogs. A few days later the neighbors would come by and ask if he had seen their dogs.

I'm not recommending this procedure.
Yikes. I would definitely not want to be associated with that person.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bravo!
bowhuntr
What kind of dog are we talking about? Inside family dog that this family loves and lets out during the day to roam around? Or a porch dog they hardly pay attention to? I'm envisioning the later.

Don't know why, but this makes a difference on the continuum of response harshness in my mind. Will the owner miss the dog?
Ogre09
AG
V8Aggie said:

Clearly you need to bang his wife while the dog watches.

Or bang the dog while the wife watches…
agrams
AG
and beastiality has made it to the thread...

is this near Doss? is tikkashooter/pfg the neighbor?
cupofjoe04
AG
agrams said:

He needs to do something really awful and put beans in his neighbor's chili.
Ogre09
AG
cupofjoe04 said:

agrams said:

He needs to do something really awful and put beans in his neighbor's chili.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
Jason_Roofer

THIS THREAD WHEN I LAST SAW IT:

HOW I FOUND THE THREAD WHEN I GOT BACK:

Infinity Roofing - https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
cupofjoe04
AG

Good boy, OB. Goooood boy!
OverSeas AG
AG
AstroAggie15
AG
Well guys I took yalls advice and banged the dog while the wife watched. Now im unemployed and on a list. Also need a lawyer and probably a penicillin shot.

Last time I ask y'all for help. Ffs
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.