Outdoors
Sponsored by

Time for a hurricane thread?

105,118 Views | 618 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by ABATTBQ11
txags92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Levi's latest is up. Nothing surprising. Cat 1 coming into west Matagorda Bay Area is latest forecast.

aggiesundevil4
AG
What a bummer
O.G.
Am I the only one that comes here for updates rather than turn on the TV?

I do have a son that lives in Galveston with his mom. I called him to ask what the plan was & they didn't have one. Unbelieveable.
AgsMnn
AG
BrownDeerAggie said:

I just canceled reservations at a rental in Matagorda that was for Monday-Wednesday nights after driving for two days from Wisconsin. Visiting family in Texas, but very sad that our family beach time isn't happening. Have only limited vacation time before driving back to the tundra.

Heard SPI beaches might not have much traffic right now.
Reel Aggies
AG
Decent little heat shower over Bandera right now. We will take. Popped up out of nowhere. Kinda like a consolation prize.
rilloaggie
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

It's making preparing for this hurricane miserable. 90 degrees, 65% humidity, and ZERO wind. Sweating my ass off over here.

Thankfully I don't have any crazy prep to do like the folks on the coast but it started pouring at my house in Houston mid mow. My yard has a skunk stripe and I'm trying to decide if I need to pull the brisket and finish it in the oven.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
O.G. said:

I do have a son that lives in Galveston with his mom. I called him to ask what the plan was & they didn't have one. Unbelieveable.

There would have to be a pretty drastic turn for it to hit Galveston significantly. Everything seems to be lined up somewhere between sea drift and palacios
Bluto
AG
I do. OB has knowledge!

I live in Houston, but we're at a friend's house on LBJ for the weekend. I was happy for them to be getting rain here on Thurs morning when we got here, and I've gone from that to concern for home. It's been interesting to hear them talk about what they think is going to happen vs what the info gotten here predicts. As of last night they still thought they would get quite a bit of rain here.
B-1 83
AG
G. hirsutum Ag said:

O.G. said:

There would have to be a pretty drastic turn for it to hit Galveston significantly. Everything seems to be lined up somewhere between sea drift and palacios
It's going to have to come off that WNW or NW heading a little quicker, or it will slide into Corpus.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
SharkinAg
AG
Next update is at 4pm.
Brush Country Ag
AG
Aransas Pass now asking for voluntary evacuation. Earlier it was low lying areas and/or people in high profile vehicles. So, B-1, you might be hitting on what the EOC in San Pat is seeing. We buckled up yesterday and came on to LaSalle County.

AP issued that warning at 1:55 for a timeline.
B-1 83
AG
Brush Country Ag said:

Aransas Pass now asking for voluntary evacuation. Earlier it was low lying areas and/or people in high profile vehicles. So, B-1, you might be hitting on what the EOC in San Pat is seeing. We buckled up yesterday and came on to LaSalle County.

My long time Corpus dwelling neighbor isn't boarding up……….yet, and neither am I, but I'm darned sure getting light stuff off the back patio.
SharkinAg
AG
B-1 83 said:

Brush Country Ag said:

My long time Corpus dwelling neighbor isn't boarding up……….yet, and neither am I, but I'm darned sure getting light stuff off the back patio.

In corpus as well. No boards yet but I have everything ready to go. Family is actually about to hop in the pool. Things may get a little busy in a bit.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Reel Aggies said:

Decent little heat shower over Bandera right now. We will take. Popped up out of nowhere. Kinda like a consolation prize.

I think it's from a low pressure system that is ultimately going to push beryl to the east. It kind of is a consolation prize. Hope that rain makes it to us too.
CactusThomas
AG
I've got most of my eighty thousand boards staged by the appropriate door/window. Waiting until tomorrow morning to decide to hang them or put them away again. Looking like I'll probably hang them.
lazuras_dc
AG
Corpus here.

Not planning to board up unless some crazy shift that will make it hit south or us or direct. Even if it hits Rockport don't think we'll board up.

Yesterday we mowed and Brought in all the loose items around the house and patio furniture and strapped down the trampoline and swings and all that.
AggieOO
BrownDeerAggie said:

I just canceled reservations at a rental in Matagorda that was for Monday-Wednesday nights after driving for two days from Wisconsin. Visiting family in Texas, but very sad that our family beach time isn't happening. Have only limited vacation time before driving back to the tundra.

Consider it a favor. Im on the lake in Wisconsin right now. 100x better than texas beaches.
AgsMnn
AG
If you don't have the Hurricane Tracker app, I would get. It's a great app to see where things are going and what is on the way.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Left this afternoon from the coast to NB and lots of boats heading out and lots of plywood heading in on the road.
atmtws
AG
AgsMnn said:

If you don't have the Hurricane Tracker app, I would get. It's a great app to see where things are going and what is on the way.

This one?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hurricane-tracker/id327193945

Sea Speed
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

It's making preparing for this hurricane miserable. 90 degrees, 65% humidity, and ZERO wind. Sweating my ass off over here.

Over here in SETX I've been on the mower for 3 hours and haven't broken a sweat it is actually incredible feeling outside thanks to the cloud cover.
TheVarian
AG
Destin, Tybee island, OBX, heck even check out some mountain towns and the lakes around them. Black mountain, NC or float some rivers in Dahlonega.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Local news stations all saying sea drift to port Lavaca now, basically right at Calhoun county which should then slam Victoria and Jackson counties pretty hard
lazuras_dc
AG
Beckdiesel03 said:

Left this afternoon from the coast to NB and lots of boats heading out and lots of plywood heading in on the road.

Where from on the coast
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Hurricane warnings just issued for Refugio Calhoun Victoria and Jackson counties
SharkinAg
AG
Okay corpus people, are we boarding up yet? I'm still on the fence.
Beckdiesel03
AG
Indianola- between Seadrift and PLV
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I think you guys are far enough away to be ok. I'm right in the crosshairs and have zero plans to board up windows but we got everything put away that can blow and have all our supplies for the next few days ready
Brush Country Ag
AG
Pt Aransas issued evac order for all visitors by Noon tomorrow. I37 will be a zoo if not already.
AggieKO
AG
We are planning on heading out early morning tomorrow. (In port Bolivar)
B-1 83
AG
SharkinAg said:

Okay corpus people, are we boarding up yet? I'm still on the fence.
Nope.
SMM48
AG
No sir. Just putting loose stuff outside in the garage.
AgsMnn
AG
Yes
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Space city has a new update out. Houston gonna get a ton of rain no matter where it goes
Cibalo
I'm out in rural west Texas and it has rained every single afternoon. Which is good because they need it, all the creeks and tanks are dry.

And now when I get home to Houston on Sunday I got more rain. I would happily send this to the hill country.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.