Outdoors
Sponsored by

Time for a hurricane thread?

105,104 Views | 618 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by ABATTBQ11
bmfvet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My brother lives in Playa del Carmen. We heard from him this morning, power is out. Sounds like not a ton of damage. I'll post some pics if he sends some.
‘99
Bayou City
Tulum fared far better than expected. Power is out but storm moved just far enough north to put them on the clean vs dirty side then hooked a left turn once it was past the city. Sounds like Cozumel took the brunt off PDC. Cancun got more rain than Tulum. Landfall was 4km south of Xel-Ha and 3km north of Cielo Maya.
AG
And just like that, the hill country will get almost nothing.
Bayou City
Not sure how to post pictures.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Bayou City said:

Not sure how to post pictures.

[img]link to picture[/img]

Copy photo web link , paste it here, put [img] in front of it and [/img] at the end.

Some photos only need the link posted.
BrazosDog02
AG
1939 said:

Yep. GD it. I was praying for rain, bad rain, 20"+ rain, whatever it takes at this point. Oh well, gonna fire up the diesels and start pumping my creeks and tanks full out of my wells before I don't have a chance to anymore. F--- it. If I don't use that water, someone else will.
txags92
AG
Levi's video for today is up. No good news in there for southwest and west central Texas…

Fishing Fools
Thank you Lord!!!

Reel Aggies
AG
And like that Hill country gets dick while just east of SA is 12". I hope this is wrong by about 100mi west or so

AustinCountyAg
Not sure who Anita is but we could use rain in south east tx
tmaggies
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Not sure who Anita is but we could use rain in south east tx

Thinking she is speaking NE and East of Houston.
Mas89
AG
No thanks. Had 15 inches in May and plenty in June. Grain harvest is just starting and trying to get the first hay crop finished.
My hill country friends can have all of the rain.
Birdbear
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

1939 said:

Yep. GD it. I was praying for rain, bad rain, 20"+ rain, whatever it takes at this point. Oh well, gonna fire up the diesels and start pumping my creeks and tanks full out of my wells before I don't have a chance to anymore. F--- it. If I don't use that water, someone else will.

Not gonna lie that's pretty bad bull if you you're serious
BrazosDog02
AG
Birdbear said:

BrazosDog02 said:

1939 said:

Lolwut. What's the complaint? You mean pumping my wells to water my animals? Or something else?
maroon barchetta
Birdbear said:

BrazosDog02 said:

1939 said:

It's part of his schtick.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Looks like just about every track has it going halfway between SA and Houston, with a few closer to SA. SA and everything west may not get a drop.
BrazosDog02
AG
If I start a cult, you're going to be one of my disciples.
Bayou City
Newest models have it going east of Corpus between Rockport and Port LaVaca and then north through Victoria and then NE over BCS. It's shifting significantly away from a CC to SA landfall. It may even go further east. Each new iteration has moved further east over the past 12 hours. The model that most accurately predicted the moves met between Jamaica and Tulum has it going just west of Houston between Eagle Lake and Sealy and then north through Bellville, Brenham and BCS. Expected to hit as a Cat 1 or maybe a weak Cat 2 depending on how far east it drifts and how much it ramps up in the gulf.
Bayou City
New expected rain totals were just released. I don't know how to post pictures but draw a straight line from central Bexar to the border for 2-4 inches, just west of there maybe 10 miles 0-2, west of there 01 (basically nothing) RP to PLV 8-12 inches, N of SA to Waco 3-5 for about a 25 miles strip and then 5-10 for everywhere east of that strip (Austin, Houston, BCS all the way to the LA border) DFW 2-4. So it's basically that same map posted above but shift the heaviest rain about 100 miles east and fill in BCS area and East Texas w more rain.
TikkaShooter
It's a strange feeling, to be so angry at something I have zero control over.

Just felt like our best chance to kill this drought, and now we get to watch the greenest part of the state get all the rain.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
TikkaShooter said:

Just felt like our best chance to kill this drought, and now we get to watch the greenest part of the state get all the rain.

I'm pissed. So freakin tired of this drought. Everywhere West of San Antonio is like living in a stinking desert now.
Drip99
AG
4PM run from NHC has landfall around port A
TikkaShooter
Yep. That'll do it.

Central Tx with the bullseye.

Hill country high and dry.

Drought year #4 here we come
water turkey
Woof, poor Rockport. They still have roads flooded by Alberto and the rebuild from Harvey.

This needed to land around King Ranch and head into south Texas.
BiochemAg97
AG
TikkaShooter said:

Yep. That'll do it.

Central Tx with the bullseye.

Hill country high and dry.

Drought year #4 here we come

Still plenty of hurricane season to go.
Bayou City
That doesn't include all of the most updated models because they receive data after they make the cutoff for the publication time. The newest models are pushing even further to the east. Probs will see that reflected in the 21:00utc update. The late models which will factor into the next interpolated early model forecast are even further east.

You can tell those models because they are the ones that end with and I (AVNI, CMCI and so on)
Bayou City
Cozumel got hammered. I have pictures but can't post them. Power lines down all over and a lot of roof damage and wind damage in the streets.
Ogre09
AG
Anyone else hitting refresh on Space City Weather?
Caliber
AG
Ogre09 said:

Anyone else hitting refresh on Space City Weather?

No. I'm currently sitting in port O'Connor enjoying the weekend and will be heading back to West Houston Sunday probably.

We are watching but no real decisions before tomorrow. Current trends put both locations up for grabs but things are changing. No need to worry till we get closer. The derecho in May already trimmed my trees at home for me for the most part.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
It took a pretty significant jog north that doesn't seem built into the 4pm report
ATX_AG_08
AG
My dad lives in Rockport. Just got done preparing his house. Next my gf in Ingleside. Gonna be a hectic few days.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Rockport residents here. Put up our shutters and cleaned everything up around the outside. We are on the 13th tee at Rockport Country Club and you can't believe the number of golfers. Going to get dicey if we have to evacuate with all the extra people here for the 4th.
Most of the models have the thing coming on land at Rockport. Hoping that everything continues to move north, but don't want anyone to have to deal with a hurricane. We lived through Harvey and that was total devastation. Glad to hear your dad and girl friend are taking precautions, can't hurt. My wife said the shutters aren't coming down until October and she hates the darn things. Just have this feeling this season is going to be a wild one.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
BrazosDog02
AG
TikkaShooter said:

It is strange. I'm with you. Mega pissed. Wanted the rain. Prayed for it. Prayed for a storm big enough to get it all the way inland to the hill country.

Either way, Think of it this way, you were dry last week and you'll be dry next week. Nothing has changed for you, me and most others.

3 days ago some people were happy the storm was going to Mexico but some of those same people are going to be staring at leveled homes, power outages, mass destruction, and loss of everything they own in a few days….and they know it.

Could be worse. Droughts suck but they don't last forever.
ta ta toothy
AG
I bet yall end up on the clean side. I'm sitting just north of Brazoria county and Matagorda county line and holding hope we end up on the clean side
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Eastern victoria county resident checking in. We aren't putting boards up but we are working on getting stuff ready
"Trust me, I'm a scientist"

"A liberal with a pen is a true weapon of mass destruction"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.