Outdoors
Sponsored by

Stock tank pool

6,095 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by mAgnoliAg
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't hate!
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

5 foot wife, 2 feel deep
Uhhhhhhhh............
Hoosegow
I like em thick.
easttexasaggie04
AG
$500 Walmart pool for the win.
jtp01
AG
We did one a few years ago for my boys. A few thoughts

If you have no need for a stock tank down the road, you at money ahead to just go the Walmart pool route. Ours went to a rotational pasture 6 weeks after we set it up.

My boys at the time were too big for it, 9 and 11 at the time.

If you have younger kids, the rigid sides are not forgiving at all if a kiddo slips.

They get dang hot in the sunlight. So hot that my youngest son never got back in in after the 2nd day in full sun.
Turf-Ag02
AG
We're just took ours up a notch on the Redneck scale
Gig ‘em and God bless
mAgnoliAg
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Just installed. Now going to add flowerbed stone border wall and fill entire area surrounding with same gravel I have in my flowerbeds. Also gonna plumb a fill from my irrigation for better flow than water hose. Did a DIY kit from online that had pump/filter and all parts, fittings, and hoses. All in all cost me $750 and took me 3 hrs to install including grading, sanding, and leveling area and drill dying and waiting to charge.

For those wondering about these getting too hot. After 2 weeks and upper 90s temperatures every day. Have not added even 1 gallon of water or ice since install. Given, it gets some shade during the day, but still.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.